Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

EBC Greenstuff - First Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBC Greenstuff - First Impressions

Just had the EBC Greenstuff installed on the front of my auto sedan a few hours ago. Based on my first test drive, they do not feel as sensitive at the pedal as the original infiniti pads. They may have the same stopping power, but it feels like you have to press the brake pedal further to acheive the same result. Is this normal or do they need to break in/warm up? Is this actually a better thing since many people complained about the jerky feeling of the original pads and pedal?

I'm not second guessing the purchase at this point, but perhaps some of you EBC owners can shed some light on my first impressions.

Thanks...

Old 01-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: EBC Greenstuff - First Impressions

I have EBC's on my coupe, they do have alot less bite. When needed they will work great and there is literally 75% less brake dust maybe more! My wheels after 2 weeks with EBC look just as dirty as the car would after 3 days with the normal pads. They are easy to install and cheep! Get them on the back you will love them.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 01-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to bed them first, then it might be just like normal.

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 01-14-2004, 12:30 PM

I can't get them for the rear since they don't make them for the sedans yet. I almost went with the Hawks all the way around, but my factory rears still had 50% so I left them as is and went for the EBC's up front.

As far as bedding is concerned, what's the best way to do this?

Thanks!

Old 01-14-2004, 12:39 PM

I saw this from haggis4all:

"While the vehicle is stationary, pump brakes to ensure a firm pedal. Drive the vehicle cautiously to test fit and function. The brakes should be smooth, with no vibrations, judder, etc. Drive the vehicle to a remote area and perform at least 30 brake applications of 3-second duration. Use light/medium deceleration with varying starting speeds. Leave at least ½ mile between each brake application. The purpose of this procedure is to gradually increase the temperature in the components without inducing thermal shock, and to mate the brake pad and disc friction surfaces. After the repeated stops, drive the vehicle for several miles with little or no braking in order to adequately cool the components. After the above process is completed, the system is ready for normal use. When the system achieves elevated brake temperatures for the first time, a slight increase in pedal travel and pedal effort may occur. After this first "fade" and proper cooling, the system will maintain its optimum performance at all temperatures."

Does this sound like a good process?

Thanks