Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

BEWARE OF THIS TIRE DEALER!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEWARE OF THIS TIRE DEALER!!!

man o man am i pissed....i had an issue of a faulty tire that i purchased from the Tire Rack...but they are not the ones who i have the problem with....they replaced my tire with no problem and apologized for the inconvenience...my problem is with the dummies who mounted and balanced my new tire...If you live in the White Plains, New York area, please beware of Mavis Tire Discount center...when i brought my car in to change the tire, i specifically told them, "Please be careful not to nick the caliper, because it is near impossible to replace and very expensive." the guy even wrote it in ink on the order sheet "AVOID CALIPER"...after two hours of waiting for one tire to be mounted and balanced and placed back on my car, i get the car back and do my inspection of the caliper...surely enough, i found 3 large nicks in the caliper. I went inside and got the manager and showed him the nicks, and he totally denied that his technician did the damage. he told me that he can see rust on the nick, and therefore it cannot be from his guy. he furthermore told me that its impossible to nick the caliper and do that kind of damage when mounting rims. is this guy stiupid or wat? he also goes on to tell me that the nick was from a few days prior, and that he knows for a fact that because there was alot of road salt and sand, that the nick happend from that...so i asked him, "if there was so much salt and sand to cause that damage, then how come there is no salt, no sand, nor any brake dust in or around the nick, huh? there's brake dust and salt all over the caliper EXCEPT in those 3 spots." he then shut up. he then says to me sarcastically "wat do u want me to do? buy u a new one?" wtf is that? i told him that i wanted it fixed. and he went on on how i was bein a pain in the *** (i was about ready to beat this guy down already) and that the nick was not that bad...NOT THAT BAD? wat an idiot!!! in the end, he said that i have to leave my car with him for a day and he'll have my caliper sent out and repainted, but no thanks, i think they did enough damage to my car already. wat i am going to do is bring it to infiniti and have them write me an estimate if they can, and have him cough up the money, simply because if this idiot screws up my brakes, my warranty is void because infiniti did not do the work...my poor poor brand new brembo caliper, i'm so frustrated right now...sorry for the long write up, but i just want to warn anyone and everyone who may go to that service center of the mishap and the irresponsibility of that manager (who also said he owned the place when i asked to speak to the owner)...i'll post an update to see if this idiot can redeem himself or if i'll have to blast his tire center all over the internet...

Old 01-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Re: BEWARE OF THIS TIRE DEALER!!!

I know this might sound extreme but what I usually do is since I have a camera phone, I take a picture of the caliper (or whatever part of the car might be damaged when I take it to the shop, any shop, including the dealership) WITH the shop/dealership manager (or whoever the headhoncho is) and I tell him/her, "ok we got a picture of the caliper/car part. If after the tire is mounted (or whatever job your having done is done) this (insert part here) is damaged, we both know who damaged it and I will expect nothing less than you fixing it the way it looks on this here picture".
If you don't have a digital camera, I suggest you get even a cheap one (just make sure you have a good, clear shot of the part). I know it's a bit extreme but I'd rather do that from the get go than have a he said-she said scenario (plus more ammo for me if i decide to press charges/got to BBB/ etc)

Old 01-24-2004, 05:19 PM

yea, i have a great digital camera too that i forgot to bring with me =(

Old 01-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan

Dude, the place was called "Mavis". Never have work done at a place named after your great aunt.

...Skeleton Cru

Old 01-25-2004, 10:04 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't really understand what a scratch on the caliper hurts, I am sure I'm missing something here, sorry.

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 01-25-2004, 12:16 PM

Mavis is actually a small chain around here... There's a place near me that looks somewhat reputable.

As for the scratch not hurting anything.. That's like saying a scratch on the paint of your car doesn't hurt anything. Sure it doesn't affect the driving of the car, but it sure as heck hurts the eyes of people looking at it.

Twlight blue/Willow 6mt.
It's here

Old 01-25-2004, 12:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, okay, I see your point now, those calipers are "finished" looking, I didn't know that!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT