Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Bridgestone SO-3's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bridgestone SO-3's

How are ya'll doin? I had a quick question..have any of you replaced your michelins with bridgestone so-3's? If so how has your experience been? Are these good tires? I just got them from costco and was wondering if anyone else has tried these tires out...just want to know if they are good tires and if anyone has any complaints about them....do they have as good or better traction then the pilot sports? Do they handle similarly? Wet traction or hyrdoplaning? Are they noisy? Any info would be greatly appreciated...thank you.

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 02-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bridgestone SO-3's

How are ya'll doin?
I'm doing fine

I had a quick question..have any of you replaced your michelins with bridgestone so-3's? If so how has your experience been?
I liked the michelins better, for some reason they were more predicable. The S03s wiegh more then other tires as well, someone told me about 5lbs more per tire.

Are these good tires?
Yes the S03s are good tires. Very stiff sidewalls. You have to be careful when you get a flat, these tires get eaten up when you have a flat.

do they have as good or better traction then the pilot sports? Do they handle similarly? Wet traction or hyrdoplaning? Are they noisy?
I would say the pilots were better in wet traction then the S03s. The pilots and S03's are similar. The S03s are much louder.

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite
1992 Jeep Cherokee Blk 5.5 RE lift /w 33s
AIM= bkchang79

Old 02-05-2004, 11:47 PM

thank you for your quick response..much appreciated....I am happy that costco/bridgestone offers a 30 day full refund deal...im probably going to take them back and get a refund...if so what tires would you recommend...luckily tirerack.com just dropped the prices on the pilot sports down to 246 a tire so i might get those...but what other tires are out there that i may have overlooked that are competitive witht he pilot sports? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:18 AM

This is my own opinion. Alot of people on this board seem to like the S03 as the alternative to the pilots.

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite
1992 Jeep Cherokee Blk 5.5 RE lift /w 33s
AIM= bkchang79

Old 02-06-2004, 09:33 AM

costco was cheaper on than s-o3's than tire rack?
i just switched to the s-o3's a week ago and i like them better than my balding pilots. i really can't give you a accurate comparison (new tires will always handle better than old), but i do like them alot. i know this is the last thing you should look at when you get tires but i like the look of the s-o3's better than the pilots. even though i got them in the stock size they look wider and more agressive than the pilots. also there is more curb pritection with the s-o3's.
just my opinions.

Old 02-06-2004, 09:40 AM

I have the SO-3's. They performed really well at the track back in October when I got them, but I am really having difficulty in getting traction in the cool weather. I could be that I have done several mods since getting them, but I have not been thrilled with them. Maybe when it warms up they will come to life.
The sidewalls are really stiff and you will notice a more harsh ride.
Don't really know about wet traction.

If they don't come to life in the summer, I will most likely be getting something else next time.

Chops

Old 02-06-2004, 09:40 AM

I have the SO-3's. They performed really well at the track back in October when I got them, but I am really having difficulty in getting traction in the cool weather. I could be that I have done several mods since getting them, but I have not been thrilled with them. Maybe when it warms up they will come to life.
The sidewalls are really stiff and you will notice a more harsh ride.
Don't really know about wet traction.

If they don't come to life in the summer, I will most likely be getting something else next time.

Chops

Trending Topics

Old 02-06-2004, 10:59 AM

I am a former BMW M3 driver. The styling of the G35 captured my soul, and therefore, I am giving the Japanese a chance. Back to the subject.

On my M3's I have had both Pilots and S-03s. The So-3s are overall a superior tire IMO. Wet and dry traction are exceptional. It is true the S0-3s do have a stiff side wall and are louder than the Pilots. One characteristic that is an issue is weight. From what I understand they are heavier than most tires size for size. S0-3s were my pick over the Pilots. However, since this is a new year and I have changed cars, I will be changing tires as well. I am going to try the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 or the Toyo T1-S. We shall see what happens.
My 0.02

04 Coupe, Dia. graph./graph., 6MT, Aero, Prem., Eibachs, Stillen exhaust, JW Pop., Carbon fiber dash overlay.

Old 02-06-2004, 11:29 AM

i have the Toyo T1-S, and they grip like nobody's business. they are 245/275, and the rear traction has become so good (compared to stock) that when i floor it out of a turn, the clutch slips a bit. to me, the michelin's felt a bit greasy, and that i could loose the back end when i wasn't even trying. granted my toyo's are wider, so it isn't a direct comparison, but the price alone would steer you towards the toyos (or anywhere else for that matter). my 20's are cheaper than the michelin's in stock sizes.

also, the Toyo's are 5 lbs lighter than the SO-3's.

Hope this helps someone.

Old 02-06-2004, 12:22 PM

AntRock,
Costco was actually about $20 more for the tires but they through in the mounting, balancing in for free and plus they had them in stock...so I got them from there instead.

What do you guys think about the Continental ContiSportContact and ContisportContact2's? Any experience..and has anyone tried out the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Gs-D3's?

Old 02-06-2004, 12:28 PM

Did you count shipping in your totals? Tirerack's price might be lower, but doesn't shipping kick it back up to merely competitive?

Old 02-06-2004, 02:29 PM

they don't make the Goodyear Eagle F1 in our front stock size 225/45 18's. atleast they did not make them in that size 1 week ago

Old 02-06-2004, 10:52 PM

No i dont think they do..However Im only replacing my rears since my stock pilots are now slicks..and my fronts look like they could go on for another 20k miles...probably less..but you know what im saying...