Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Taking care of Volk's polished lips.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Alvin, I think k67p67 repeated exactly wat I said
Originally Posted by k67p67
Volk anodized lips should NOT be polished. EVER! The manufacturer recommends using mild soap and plenty of water. If you polish the lips, you will remove the anodized finish and the lips will require frequent regular polishing. Not to mention the fact that you'll need to polish all 4 wheels to make them a cosmetic match. Take this advice or suffer the consequences.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I hear you man. I chimed in on this thread because I've had a fair amount of experience with damaged anodized lips. Two of my Volk GT-7s were damaged by a detailer. I called everyone from Mackin to Tru Wheel and many others. The anodized lips are not repairable. At least not to the point where the lips look like they did when the wheels were new. The detailer paid for a replacement set of wheels. One of my Junction Produce wheels arrived damaged. JP had to sent a replacement wheel. Another one of the JPs was damaged in a parking lot accident. I was paid out by the insurance company for that wheel.

That's four damaged anodized wheels. More than most for sure. I've got some bad luck when it comes to wheels. I'm in the middle of a claim with USPS for damage to one of my new wheels that was damaged during air shipping from Japan. Thanks for the help with the JP sale.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by k67p67
I hear you man. I chimed in on this thread because I've had a fair amount of experience with damaged anodized lips. Two of my Volk GT-7s were damaged by a detailer. I called everyone from Mackin to Tru Wheel and many others. The anodized lips are not repairable. At least not to the point where the lips look like they did when the wheels were new. The detailer paid for a replacement set of wheels. One of my Junction Produce wheels arrived damaged. JP had to sent a replacement wheel. Another one of the JPs was damaged in a parking lot accident. I was paid out by the insurance company for that wheel.

That's four damaged anodized wheels. More than most for sure. I've got some bad luck when it comes to wheels. I'm in the middle of a claim with USPS for damage to one of my new wheels that was damaged during air shipping from Japan. Thanks for the help with the JP sale.
Thats not that bad, we've had 3 guys in the NW that have had to strip and repolish 3 sets of Volks. The anodizing on them sucks, much worse that alot of other anodized wheels. Ask them how much time they put into it and let the bitching start.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew, alvin, myself...there's prob more... *sigh*

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 11-06-2007 at 03:45 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
drew, alvin, myself...there's prob more... *sigh*
you forgot George with his DB GT-S. From what he told us on the Z forum I'm pretty sure his set is going to need some hardcore hand polishing work. As for me I'm handing in my gloves...I hope I never have do that again! lol

Old 11-07-2007, 12:34 AM
what about good ole wheel wax?

Old 11-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
you forgot George with his DB GT-S. From what he told us on the Z forum I'm pretty sure his set is going to need some hardcore hand polishing work. As for me I'm handing in my gloves...I hope I never have do that again! lol

Me too. Except mine were damaged my Metro Infiniti in Monrovia, CA. Had all four stripped and polished. Lost my little "SF challenge" sticker on the lips though.

Before I had them stripped though I used wax on them.