Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Wheels similar to VSXX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35sedan03
You also have the ADR M classics.

is the lip polished or machined?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
that is a machined lip, if you are interested i am selling mine in 19.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a little late, but the closest cheapest alternative to the VSXX is the LUFF M1.

Name:  DSC02509.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  90.6 KB

Old 08-13-2008, 12:47 PM
too bad its discontinued

Old 08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Adon
^
maybe there should be a sticky on what wheels are decent and good enough to buy, arrange it by prices, and quality from low to midrange to high. So instead of downing the dude who didn't buy Volks, lets make a sticky thread for him so he knows at least what wheels to stay the fack away from, so the same shlt doesn't happen to him that happened to you.
Can someone with reasonable knowledge please start a thread like this.

I am a complete newb with wheels and am in the market for a set from a higher end brand. I know HRE, Rays, BBS, but after that I got no damn idea. I think there might be a fair amount of us in this boat as well.

Thanks in advance.

Also, I am a huge fan of the wheels on the CLK Black Series. I think they might be HRE's, but I couldnt find them on their site, anyone know what they are?

Old 08-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Sbeck
You get what you pay for. You buy cast wheels like Axis, RPM, etc you get a cheaper made cast wheel with very little strgnth and a heavy weight. You buy a Work, Volk, or any premium brand you pay more, but get a nicer quality wheel that will last you longer. So here is the question you ask yourself:

Am i willing to pay more for a wheel that is better made, better quality, longer lasting, and pricier....or do i want to spend a couple thousand less and get an inferior wheel, maybe have damage due to a pothole, and have a wheel thats maybe double the weight.

All in all, its what you pay for is what you get and different people have different priorities.
What is heavy for a 19" rim?

Old 08-16-2008, 02:40 AM
looks like SSR MS1's

Originally Posted by bull3t
a little late, but the closest cheapest alternative to the VSXX is the LUFF M1.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:36 AM
Those Luff M1's are BBS LM knockoffs. They look nothing like SSR MS1's or Work VS-XX's, other than that they're mesh style.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
^^troof^^

I <3 VS-XX's though

Old 08-16-2008, 04:32 PM
So i dunno why you guys are saying cheap wheels and premium wheel bs. It's all about practicality to the person.

You guys do know that most volk barrels bend easier than some of the cheaper wheels right? This is due to the way they are made, to keep weight light.. they use light flexible lips. Also Volk wheels can never be repaired up to par to what they were originally due to the anodized lip/finish and Volk doesn't offer repair parts/paint. Have you tried to order a missing Volk sticker from them?

So if someone is looking for wheels that will be driven daily and in bad road conditions. I highly suggest buying a cheaper wheel.. If they crack or get damaged.. It's better to replace a wheel with less wait time / price tag than to wait 3 months for another one of these "premium" wheels wtf. Let's face it, no one wants to sell you a SINGLE premium wheel that they have gotten as a set of 4 at anything cheaper than close to sticker. Especially if there is a wait on them.

This i coming from a guy that has own 5 sets of Volks and have gone through the horror of replacements/repairs. i went through a season where 2 different set of Volk wheels were constantly getting bends on the track/daily use and I ended up relying on a set of Rotas that held up the rest of the season.. NO PROBLEMS. Eventually I cracked one of the rotas from hitting a guardrail.. but that was easily replaced for 120 bucks shipped vs waiting for a few weeks or trying to find the exact offset etc. I can clean them with whatever I want since they get beaten up from daily driven brake dust.. I won't feel bad for any damage.

What I'm saying is, people can be posting "you get what you pay for" etc. but back it up with your own experiences. OP wants alternatives not someone saying he is making a bad decision.

We can have BMW 335I fanbois hording the forum saying we all made bad decisions buying a G35 and we should've bought something better.. etc. The fact is there is always something better. And we can all make reasonable discussions on what fits each of us.

ADR Msports are good mesh wheels. I don't think they look like the VSXX though.
Rotas might have a good alternative also.. Tenzo wheels has a sexy set of mesh too..

check out my350z as RotaDude is making a batch of 350/G spec Rotas the coming weeks.
http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-tires...-want-see.html
wheeldude.com

Last edited by Down_Shift; 08-16-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: added url
Old 08-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by citymunky
I have cheap wheels, but i know they are cheap. I got them before I knew anything about forged wheel. However they don't look bad/ugly, they just weight a bit.

Anyway

Axis pentas

Those look really really good.
Car in general looks clean.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:44 PM
what everyone forgets is you have an expensive car. everyone is such on a hype to "mod" or be a "racer" and have wheels. WHY? to make the car look good. you dont drive a civic anymore, you dont drive an integra (not that they are bad) but most of us graduated to a G. You dont put an expensive suit on and wear payless shoes, you wear nice shoes or why do it all.

Just stop trying to look cool and mod your car and put crappy parts on your car, if you cant afford quaility wheels why do it at all. Because all you are really doing is making your expensive luxury car look cheap.

I know everyone has a different budge, lifestyle and road conditions. But imo if i was in a situation where $, and roads effected the decision on what wheels i bought i would leave the car stock. but thats just me.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:45 PM
This thread is one of the deepest threads i hav ever read on this forum hahah Every giving out their own opinions on whats "cheap" and whats "balla" status. But really fixing/mod'ing up our cars should be our hobby and our enjoyment. Everyone has their own style and what they want and if money is a big issue than you really cannot do anything about it. Bagging on people because they can't afford $3-4k shoes isn't cool cause we are techinally in the same boat i believe, fixing up out cars cause we ENJOY doing so. I mean some of us might buy the primo ****, best of the best but if thats what they really enjoy doing than so be it but than some people just enjoy fixing up their cars at the best price and thats them. So "cheap wheels" or "baller status wheels" it shouldn't matter as long as the owner of the car enjoy's it right? this is my .02 into what i believe in rims

Old 02-28-2009, 02:47 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Adon
^
maybe there should be a sticky on what wheels are decent and good enough to buy, arrange it by prices, and quality from low to midrange to high. So instead of downing the dude who didn't buy Volks, lets make a sticky thread for him so he knows at least what wheels to stay the fack away from, so the same shlt doesn't happen to him that happened to you nchaurdia
Obviously the quality of Volk/Work wheels is one of the highest, but not everyone wants to buy these wheels and not everyone can afford them or justify spending upwards of 4 or 5 k on wheels. So basically something along the lines of getting other wheel owners to chime in maybe on the quality of their non work/volk wheels to better inform other buyers that are interested in other sets of wheels. That way like I said at least we would know what brands to stay away from.
This is actually a GREAT idea...who wants the responsibility? *does the "not it" dance*

Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 AM
OK, everybody run off saying this is cheap and this is not but nobody has actually explained what makes them cheap besides throwin up pics of a torn up rim and screaming its forged! Ive seen volks bent to hell after an accident right here on these forums and I seen the so-called cheapos torn up just the same! Now folk claim they are made differently, how? 3 piece vs 1 piece, cast vs forged, please explain what makes one better than the other! Personally, majority of the cheapos look better than the rim they are imitating and thats the truth! And if you dig deep enough you may be suprised if volks, works, dpe and some of the other high end rims are the parent/sister company to some of the lower end rims just like Nissan is to infiniti, Toyota is to Lexus, etc. AXIS FTMFW!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheels similar to VSXX