Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Suspension questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suspension questions

I'm looking to upgrade my suspension system for better performance. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking going with the TEIN Flex with the EDFC but I hear it may throw off the camber and the tires will wear unevenly. Am I better off with Ebiach or TEIN springs? Is it possible to hook an EDFC up to the TEIN springs so I don't have to change the entire suspensions system? Do I need anything to adjust the camber or toe of the car after they are installed? Anyone have any info please reply! Thanks.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 04-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Premier Member

Re: Suspension questions

I also plan on getting 1/2" spacers when I do this... is this a good idea? I want to make the car slightly wider.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 04-29-2004, 02:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no matter what you do when you lower the car you will get a camber of the wheels. When i first got my JIC coilovers the car was dropped the the max. This is where i got a camber. I then talked to Stillen and pretty much every other company out there and they said i will get a camber no matter what happens.

So what i did was this: I took my car to West End Alignment. Thanks to THX723 (Clint) he told me to call this guy up. I took his advice and went with it. This was the best choice i ever made. Darin at West End Alignment has been doing suspension work for over 25 years. He knows whats good and whats bad. I suggest you call him.

He told me to get the Toe and Camber arms because i will have a camber no matter how low i drop it.

He knows everything. He works on every type of car you can think of. From pinto's to Ferarris etc...

While i was there a Porche owner called and asked about this suspension. Darin gave his input and told him the Honest Truth. Call him up

his number is 310 808 9233.

he only goes by appointment and belive me he is worth it. You can ask Clint also.

tell him Arash with the G35 came to you and sent you.

Hope this helped.

2004 Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe 6MT, Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

2003 Brilliant Silver G35 Sedan Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

Old 05-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Premier Member

Thank you it does help, problem is I live in NJ, 310 is LA CA area [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]. What is the toe and camber arm? After I install my coilover I can fix the camber issues with kits I think, so I hear? Is this true? If it is what kit do I need?

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 05-01-2004, 05:43 PM

Ohh my bad. Yes you can fix it. Did. i got the Toe and Cmaber arm from Stillen. even thou it was kinda pricey i needed to get it.
If you need anything else just pm me i will help out you.

Old 05-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, coilovers and coupe lowering springs are on the side of two different fences. Especially coilover's like the Tein Flex or the Jics. Either coilover system will dramatically ramp up the handling of the car, not just in raw numbers, but in how it feels. Current coupe lowering springs, are not anywere in the same leage as they have to walk the line of being paired with the oem shocks and how the spring makers think coupe owners must want little change in ride quality. Doesn't help that the oem shocks aren't that tight.

The current Tein flex use's awfully stiff springs for the street (12Kg/12Kg). If you want, you can ask your Tein dealer to call Tein and order the JDM Flex system from Japan, that setup use's softer spring rates (10Kg/10Kg), that will give a better ride quality and will still over more then enough spring stiffness. They sell for the same exact price, but you will have to wait for them to be shipped by ship from japan.

Tein's recommended drop for the coupe with the Flex system is 1.5" front and 1" rear btw.

As far as alignment goes, yes if you drop past .7" on the coupe, you will have to do something. Kinetix sell's rear camber arm's for around $220, I have them on my car. I found a company that say's they offer a bolt that gives more toe correction at the oem adjustment location (I'll have to find where I saw that). Rear traction/toe arms try to alter toe from a non stock location, not something I'd consider(in fact I sold mine for that very reason, I had bought the Kinetix toe arms). In the front camber correction is pricy, and with Evo350 saying their front camber arm's will not fit the G35, it call's into question if any of the other front arms like the $389 Kinetix one's, will fit on the front of the G. Toe in the front does of course have a factory adjustment means.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 05-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Premier Member

I'm soo confused haha. Maybe I should just go with coilovers and do what I have to to correct the camber and toe issues.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 05-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Premier Member

Alright so the basic question I'm asking is. What springs can I get that will lower my car, increse performance (ride quality does not matter) and allow me to get the wheels aligned without having to buy camber and toe correction kits?

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 05-03-2004, 05:52 PM

RSR...drop is 0.6" front and rear, thus, no need for camber arms.

Black on Black 5AT Coupe, Navi
Falken Koblenz 19x8.5 F 19x9.5 R
Falken FK-451 245/35 F 285/35 R
HKS Legamax Exhaust
350Z Duct
Stillen Hi Flow
7 Wire Hypergrounding Kit

Old 05-03-2004, 10:21 PM

Tein H-Techs and Espelir Active GT should both be ok. I have the Espelirs and it lined up pretty good... Do a search on Espelir. I posted on this before... Good luck.

Old 05-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Premier Member

Will the RSR's and H-Tech increaase performance and decrease body roll?

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 05-06-2004, 09:43 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Malx, for what you want the RSR 350Z spring would be the best, next up would be the the Tein H-tech's, then S-tech's both ment for the Z. All will drop a limited amount, have the spring rate's that will offer real improved performance, not just a lowered center of gravity and are not overly progressive and to compromise the performance you want too much.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 05-06-2004, 01:07 PM

There is no possible way that springs will make the car have less body roll. You need sway bars for that.

Old 05-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to disagree, but stiffer springs will DEFINITELY reduce body roll. I will agree that sway bars are a better way of dealing with body roll, because they do not interfere with the ability to track over bumps and imperfections in the road.

'03.5 Silver AT Sedan, Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter, Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5, Gram Light 57F Pro's (on the way), Hotchkis sways, Borla

Old 05-06-2004, 07:56 PM

TRUE you are very correct. But here is the thing. If you go with the stiffer spring = stiffer ride meaning you feel every little thing on the road. The best thing to do it get the sways. Thats what i did and love it. I alos got coilovers and the spring is much stiffer than stock. But the body roll is still there. Rolls still like stock.