Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

20" Rims Affecting Performance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Depends on weight period. But if you are coming from the oem 17s, good luck finding a whee/tire package in 20" that rivels the weight of the 17s.
I have stock 18's on there now. I'm thinking of just having them powdercoated gloss black, painting the center caps red and maybe getting a red stripe kit and calling it a day I think it would look pretty nice.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:29 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
I just put my 20s on today for the first time.. and while I'm not a racer by any means, I can feel the difference. Kind of takes the car a split second to gain momentum.. However, the ride is a lot smoother than I expected..

Old 03-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by twalls
I just put my 20s on today for the first time.. and while I'm not a racer by any means, I can feel the difference. Kind of takes the car a split second to gain momentum.. However, the ride is a lot smoother than I expected..
Man, this is highly disappointing. Though I'm sure the effect is more noticeable with different rims (some are heavier than others). Maybe I'll try to find some lighter weight 19's in the future. Damn, there are just WAY too many things I want to do to my car.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by NaiveRapture
Man, this is highly disappointing. Though I'm sure the effect is more noticeable with different rims (some are heavier than others). Maybe I'll try to find some lighter weight 19's in the future. Damn, there are just WAY too many things I want to do to my car.
seriously, don't let that discourage you... I read this thread before getting my rims and I'm GLAD I still got what I wanted.. If you like 20s then the difference is negligible... Seriously.. I STILL enjoy and love my car and what I've done to it.. And at the end of the day, I'M the one that has to drive it..

Old 03-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by twalls
seriously, don't let that discourage you... I read this thread before getting my rims and I'm GLAD I still got what I wanted.. If you like 20s then the difference is negligible... Seriously.. I STILL enjoy and love my car and what I've done to it.. And at the end of the day, I'M the one that has to drive it..
True... I just put on a 5/16" spacer and didn't notice the increased performance so, perhaps I won't notice the decrease if I want to add 20" rims hahaha. Those Axis Shine's (or R1 Racing - Hype) are freaking HOT...

Old 03-03-2009, 12:35 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by NaiveRapture
True... I just put on a 5/16" spacer and didn't notice the increased performance so, perhaps I won't notice the decrease if I want to add 20" rims hahaha. Those Axis Shine's (or R1 Racing - Hype) are freaking HOT...
I just put the 1/2" spacer in mine.. and DANG.. My car idles at a lot lower RPMs now, seems like the engine has to work a lot less to produce more power. No placebo.. seriously.. I'm a skeptic.. but I can tell the difference w/ the 1/2" and I like the sound..