Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

All 4 Tires+rims stolen from my G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL... Yeah I have been with them for a while and I hate that I was mistreated.. OK so if special wheel locks don't deter theft then what should I do? And no I am not getting a pit bull or buying a gun (as stated in previous threads) I am sure that I will trip in my 4 inch stiletto heels and shoot myself in the foot. Not worth it...

Old 05-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g35girl1
LOL... Yeah I have been with them for a while and I hate that I was mistreated.. OK so if special wheel locks don't deter theft then what should I do? And no I am not getting a pit bull or buying a gun (as stated in previous threads) I am sure that I will trip in my 4 inch stiletto heels and shoot myself in the foot. Not worth it...
Not much you can do.. best I can think of is a sensitive two-way alarm... or get a garage

Old 05-18-2009, 11:34 PM
It's a horrible feeling. I did get a reimbursement from my insurance company that more than paid for aftermarket rims and tires. USAA is my insurance company, and it went pretty smooth. I am sorry for the trouble you had with GEICO. It just makes a bad situation that much worse.

The tow truck driver that came to take my car took 2.5 hours to get the car on the lift. The only damage was from the backplate on the rotors, which was easily fixed.

On the new rims, i bought McGard wheel locks so hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ouch X-(

I have spline lugs and theyre great, you need to use a 6spline key for every lug, as opposed to needing a key for 1 out of the 5 or whatever. It's a pain in the *** to take the wheels off and put them on or whatever, but totally worth it.

Good luck!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by quigley0
It's a horrible feeling. I did get a reimbursement from my insurance company that more than paid for aftermarket rims and tires. USAA is my insurance company, and it went pretty smooth. I am sorry for the trouble you had with GEICO. It just makes a bad situation that much worse.

The tow truck driver that came to take my car took 2.5 hours to get the car on the lift. The only damage was from the backplate on the rotors, which was easily fixed.

On the new rims, i bought McGard wheel locks so hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Well I have a lease that is up in a couple of months. I have to return the car in the same condition I received it in (that includes the rims) so I will be receiving the same rims from Infiniti. The tow truck driver worked for Infiniti and he told me that I was the third car for the day he picked up with no wheels. He was a master at getting it on the lift. He got the car on the lift in 35 minutes.

Yeah my rotors were messed up too. Unfortunately those thieving ***** dropped my car and my front grill was messed up. I should have it back by Saturday hopefully. At this point I don't know what new locks I will put on. The OEM stock locks let me down. I seriously need to invest in the trunk monkey.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:22 PM
tiC
wow

i dont know if it would do anything but i went to R&S and got me 15 dollars wheel locks... in the bk area of ny i seen 4 g37's with all the wheels stolen and were left on the floor with no lifts or blocks

Old 05-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Hey

I assume that you are referring to R&S Strauss. I probably will go there myself. What part of bk did this happen in? Damn, no bricks or lifts? The tow driver that took my vehicle away told me that they are targeting g35 and g37 stock rims.. I can't believe they want stock.. Anything for a buck I guess.