Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

19" or 20" for an 04 TL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 19" or 20" for an 04 TL

LMFAO!!

"Is simplicity best or simply the easiest"

Old 08-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on what did you expect.

1. Why come onto a G35 board looking for rim opinions? wouldn't an acura specific board be more appropriate?

2. You car is based on the Accord platform. So no, it's not a completely different car than the accord.

3. Comments like "You have to admit that the TL is the best 4-door for under 35k." "best looking and fastest under 35k" Are opinions which can be proved wrong by the facts

4. Insulting half of the owners here by saying "As far as the G sedan, I wouldn't buy one if it had 1,000hp" is just plain ignorant and only opens you up for retaliatory feedback.

The TL is nice but definetly not gods gift to sport sedan lovers. No one here was forced to buy a G35. They could have bought a TL but instead they chose a G35 because they felt it was a better car.

So if your done trolling, you can go away now.

Jim
'03.5 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Nismo Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio
Z-Tube/JDM battery cover

Old 08-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again, (IMO) I don't like the body of the G-sedan. However, I love the G-coupe. I would just prefer a fwd car that looks good to a rwd car that (I THINK) is ugly. Sorry! Now for those of you who are interested in cars......

Old 08-12-2004, 01:10 PM

Obviously this guy cares a lot about what us G35 owners (good taste) think about his POS TL.. or else why would he come to a G35 forum to ask for opinions on his TL...

Old 08-12-2004, 01:10 PM

I guess it's just a difference of opinion as I feel the TL is an overpriced, overated and over weighted Accord thats trying deperately to look like a sporty 1998 Mustang.

Jim
'03.5 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Nismo Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio
Z-Tube/JDM battery cover<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by shodog on 08/12/04 10:11 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-12-2004, 01:12 PM

I came to your board because I like looking at nice G-coupes w/ the rims that I like on them, i.e: Volk, Iforged, Symbolic, HRE basicly forged multipiece wheels. The Acura form does not have much of this. Is this a crime? Once again go back in the post and find out who started this....not me. O.K. let's do this, because I really don't care. ALL ACURA'S AND HONDA'S SUCK!!!!!!! I LOVE G35 SEDANS!!!!! I will coutinue to use this forum because there is something here that interest me, and hopefully I will have a 2005 when it comes out.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:32 PM

<font color=red>Fellow Forum Members:</font color=red>

Quit leaving your dog food out over night! A troll will never go away if you feed it!

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Admin,
Please close this thread. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

"Is simplicity best or simply the easiest"

Old 08-12-2004, 04:29 PM

You guys have your opinion, and I have mine. Thanks for the suggestions. Oh buy the way, my wife put a deposit on a 05 COUPE (which I will take over). See you soon, fellow Coupe owners.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:04 PM

Its funny watching you guys argue. I mean...he did come here on peaceful terms asking about what rims he should get. Can't a car enthusiast ask opinions from other car enthusiasts? I mean...what is the point of saying that the TL is like the accord. Obviously that person just wanted to start some flame war. It looks nothing like the accord inside and out. Its a very nice car and a well performing car. It may not be as good as our G's but hey..its pretty damn good. I test drove one and it was very nice to drive. All car manufacturers share platforms. Oh well...thats how it is. Who cares if the tl shares a platform with the accord. Just because they share the same platform doesnt mean they are the same car. How about you guys look for one similarity in their exterior or interior design. You will find none. Almost all infiniti's/nissan's share the same engine...so what right? The z, g, and fx all share the same platform but look nothing alike. If i were to choose between a g sedan or a TL, i'd probably choose the TL. Its not that i dont like the G sedan, but i think the TL is an overall nicer car. That is just my opinion but probably not all of yours

Old 08-12-2004, 08:45 PM

Hey ColdFusion...

IMO, it's all about showing respect to the forum members of the forum you're visiting. He came here, asked us for our help and most obliged. When someone gave him the slightest of hard times (as is to be expected when dealing with the Internet, no?) he got all "the G35 sedan sucks" on us. If he would have not responded to that comment all would have been fine, but to put down 1/2 of the 5000+ members of this website... that should not be tolerated by anyone (and I'm a coupe owner who prefers the TL over the G Sedan, but I’ll be damned if some TL owner is going to come here and start flappin’ lip at ½ of the people that make this forum so great). I'm just watching out for some of the sedan owners I've met who are valuable contributors to this website. If I or another coupe owner rag on the sedan owners from time to time it's all in good fun, if a TL owner comes over here and starts talking smack, that should not, cannot and will not be tolerated. We're a tight nit group and we should stick up for each other, right? Plus he mocked us and developed a sarcastic attitude saying “the TL sucks” and “the G Sedan is perfect”… don’t mock us after you ask us for our help.

Remember the old saying... "When in Rome..."

The best thing this guy could do would be to apologize, hang low for a while and change his screen name once the 2005 G35 Coupe ends up in his garage.

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-13-2004, 04:38 AM

WHAT???!!!! How is saying that the TL is the best 4dr under 35k, starting a war? I did not get nasty with anyone here....I was just standing up for my vehicle. If one of you went to any other forum and someone called you G35 Sedan an oversized Altima you would be pissed. If people were not so insecure, there would be no problem. I just go by what I see around me, and it is true that the TL is the hottest 4dr under 35k right now. I myself am getting sick of seeing so many on the streets. Like I said before, I come in peace.

Old 08-13-2004, 08:33 AM

you have every right to your opinions. as for starting a war, the same type of responses could be had if i were to go to honda-acura and say that my g35 sedan is the best 4dr under 35k. you also stated that you just wanted some opinions, well initially that's what you got.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.