Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Raderwerks Wheels Question?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Raderwerks Wheels Question?!?!?!

Whats up guys! I'm looking to put some new one piece wheels on my car and my top choice are the best looking and best priced in my opinion. My only question is do you think these wheels will fit/run well on my 2004 G35 coupe. The wheels are the MTEN85's from Raderwerks.

I am a little skeptical because everyone on the forum is telling me Raderwerks customer service is a nightmare and that there have been a few mis informed customers dealing with wrong wheel sizes/fits and I want to avoid this at all costs. So I emailed the company last night asking if the MTEN's come in 19", I get a reply that they do, but I might need a spacer. I called today and he told me they have in stock: Fronts 19x8.5 with an offset of 18 and in the rear 19x9.5 with an offset of 21. He asked for my car year, make and model and said they will fit, but I wanted the G experts on this sites opinion. Also what is the bolt pattern I would need for my car? I only want to do this sale/shipping and hassle once and I want to get it done right the first time. So if I order these wheels will they run on my car perfect without any problems? Please help me out!

Max

Old 06-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Offsets aren't aggressive, but they will fit fine. you may not even need to do a fender roll. You want a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, Raderwerks should know that. best of luck!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Offsets should be okay I believe, not aggressive like stated before but spacers could fix that if you don't mind running spacers. If I was buying new wheels personally I would go with the right size so I don't have to run spacers, but that's just me. Only thing I don't know about is if you have brembos, and what offsets they would need to be cleared. Just guessing with those offsets I think you are fine even with brembos but you may want to say if you have brembos or not so someone who knows can respond.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Received 275 Likes on 122 Posts
You should get better sizes and offsets IMO, get 19x9.5 front with single digit offset and 19x10.5 rear with single digit offset but then again depends all on what they have and offer Good Luck Brutha

Old 06-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by idrive_MD
Offsets aren't aggressive, but they will fit fine. you may not even need to do a fender roll. You want a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, Raderwerks should know that. best of luck!
Originally Posted by Xet
Offsets should be okay I believe, not aggressive like stated before but spacers could fix that if you don't mind running spacers. If I was buying new wheels personally I would go with the right size so I don't have to run spacers, but that's just me. Only thing I don't know about is if you have brembos, and what offsets they would need to be cleared. Just guessing with those offsets I think you are fine even with brembos but you may want to say if you have brembos or not so someone who knows can respond.
Sorry guys, I'm still new with all the wheels terms and with offsets and all. I love the look of these raderwerks, but want a more aggressive look. When you say aggressive look, what makes them aggressive or not ??? And also I am running stock brakes, unfortunately not brembos

Originally Posted by vq35dedriver
You should get better sizes and offsets IMO, get 19x9.5 front with single digit offset and 19x10.5 rear with single digit offset but then again depends all on what they have and offer Good Luck Brutha
So your saying get bigger wheels and how would I get better offsets??
And single digit offsets is 9 and below I take it? That makes the wheel stick out further or flusher towards the street side right, like towards where my fender is???

Sorry for being a newb, but I am learning!!!

Thanks guys!!

Max

Old 06-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Also any other good suggestions on wheels. I love the look of these Raderwerks and they would only cost me around $1k, any other wheels in mind anyone that are similar?!?!?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:37 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
The definition of aggressive wheels and non-aggressive wheels is how they sit inside the wheel wells.

If you want an aggressive set up, you will have run offsets in the single digits or the negatives to be hella flush. Here is a wheel set up example that I will link you.

The image is an offset in the single digits, I believe Ralph is running a +5 all the way around. Its considered an aggressive fitment because he has to stretch his tire and dial in a little bit of negative camber in order for the tire to clear the fender.

Here is another example, using Patman's car. I believe Patman is a -1 offset in the rear in this image. Do you see how the tire is stretched in this image for him to clear? Obviously, your fenders need to be rolled and possibly a slight pull in order to clear.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:43 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
As for semi-aggressive / non-aggressive fitments, most of these will be sitting in the mid-teens to the mid-twenties. Personally, I think the mid-teens are perfect, since they are the offsets of the wheels that I ordered.

Most semi-aggressive fitments only require a fender and MAYBE a slight pull, but I know for a fact that people running Volk GT-S (+17 and +18 offsets) get a way with just a fender roll. Here is an image of a semi-aggressive fitment. No stretch needed, you can run your standard tire size with this.

That is Ralph's car again, before he switched to his Work T1S.

It all depends on the look that you're going for. Ideally, you want a set of wheels in the offsets you're looking for, so you don't have to run spacers. There isn't anything wrong with running spacers, but if you're going to order new wheels, then why not get them in the offsets you want?

The offsets that you listed for the wheels that you want to buy are decent. But I agree with the rest of everyone that the wheel widths are weak. I would definitely run at least a 9.5 in the front and a 10.5 in the back. Although, 9 in the front and 10 in the back is fine too.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
The definition of aggressive wheels and non-aggressive wheels is how they sit inside the wheel wells.

If you want an aggressive set up, you will have run offsets in the single digits or the negatives to be hella flush. Here is a wheel set up example that I will link you.

The image is an offset in the single digits, I believe Ralph is running a +5 all the way around. Its considered an aggressive fitment because he has to stretch his tire and dial in a little bit of negative camber in order for the tire to clear the fender.

Here is another example, using Patman's car. I believe Patman is a -1 offset in the rear in this image. Do you see how the tire is stretched in this image for him to clear? Obviously, your fenders need to be rolled and possibly a slight pull in order to clear.

thanks so much man, I definitely understand a lot more. So to be flush you want your wheels sticking out far towards the street or fender and sitting tucked in the wheel well? Would I be able to find wheels that are one piece and around the price of the Raderwerks with a single digit offset or would I need to step up to a three piece wheel?

and how would I roll my fender and stretch my tires?
thanks for helping this newb out man, embarrassed but I need to learn some how...

Max

Last edited by G305; 06-30-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:49 PM

It all depends on the look that you're going for. Ideally, you want a set of wheels in the offsets you're looking for, so you don't have to run spacers. There isn't anything wrong with running spacers, but if you're going to order new wheels, then why not get them in the offsets you want?

The offsets that you listed for the wheels that you want to buy are decent. But I agree with the rest of everyone that the wheel widths are weak. I would definitely run at least a 9.5 in the front and a 10.5 in the back. Although, 9 in the front and 10 in the back is fine too.
So what would a bigger width in the wheels do for the look of them ? and would my car still run well and perform the same with bigger wheels ?
I'd love that sick flush look, but i have no idea how to stretch tires or roll my fender or what not haha.... And it seems expensive to do all that..

Old 06-30-2010, 10:51 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
Don't be ashamed, we're all here to help. I didn't know much either until I got onto this forum and did some reading. I still don't know everything and I am by no means a fitment guru. So if I do make a mistake in here, then I hope someone else can chime in and correct me.

For flush you want it to be flush with the fender. If you want to be hellaflush, you want your tire to be tucked in with the wheel lined up with the fender, but not to a point where your wheel tucks into your wheel well. You're gonna be dumped if you want to be hellaflush as well. You'll also have to dial in some negative camber as well, which means that you will wear your inner tire a bit faster. Gotta pay to play if you wanna be hellaflush.

I don't know what offsets Raderwerks can offer you, you'll have to do that research on your own. Stretching tires is just getting a smaller width tire on a wider rim.

For example, normally on a 20x10.5 wheel, would most likely run a 275/30/20 size tire or a 285/30/20. But if you're looking to stretch, then most people will run a 255/35/20 size tire or a 245/35/20. Again, its all for the look that you want and what is within your budget.

If you want to be hellaflush and can afford to wear out your tires more, then by all means, go for the look. Just remember that you'll be paying for the proper fender and suspension work. Not cheap.

As for rolling your fenders, there is a DIY posted here on the forum that will show you how to do it if you want to do it yourself. If not, start calling some shops and ask if they know how to roll fenders.

- Son

Old 06-30-2010, 10:55 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by G305
So what would a bigger width in the wheels do for the look of them ? and would my car still run well and perform the same with bigger wheels ?
I'd love that sick flush look, but i have no idea how to stretch tires or roll my fender or what not haha.... And it seems expensive to do all that..
It is expensive to do all that. None of this stuff is cheap, you will be paying some money do to all this.

If you're looking to go performance with your whip, then perhaps being hellaflush is not the right path for you.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Max, to show you what I meant in my PM to you

Old 07-01-2010, 02:02 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
^what offsets are those? 0?

Old 07-01-2010, 06:23 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Don't be ashamed, we're all here to help. I didn't know much either until I got onto this forum and did some reading. I still don't know everything and I am by no means a fitment guru. So if I do make a mistake in here, then I hope someone else can chime in and correct me.

For flush you want it to be flush with the fender. If you want to be hellaflush, you want your tire to be tucked in with the wheel lined up with the fender, but not to a point where your wheel tucks into your wheel well. You're gonna be dumped if you want to be hellaflush as well. You'll also have to dial in some negative camber as well, which means that you will wear your inner tire a bit faster. Gotta pay to play if you wanna be hellaflush.

I don't know what offsets Raderwerks can offer you, you'll have to do that research on your own. Stretching tires is just getting a smaller width tire on a wider rim.

For example, normally on a 20x10.5 wheel, would most likely run a 275/30/20 size tire or a 285/30/20. But if you're looking to stretch, then most people will run a 255/35/20 size tire or a 245/35/20. Again, its all for the look that you want and what is within your budget.

If you want to be hellaflush and can afford to wear out your tires more, then by all means, go for the look. Just remember that you'll be paying for the proper fender and suspension work. Not cheap.

As for rolling your fenders, there is a DIY posted here on the forum that will show you how to do it if you want to do it yourself. If not, start calling some shops and ask if they know how to roll fenders.

- Son
Son you've provided a lot of great info for the OP. Thanks for being helpful and not the typical d!ck that flames and cries "Search".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Raderwerks Wheels Question?!?!?!