Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Toyo Observe Garit KX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Toyo Observe Garit KX

New winters on the way for me. I should be posting this later to provide observations. I run stock G35c 17's during the winter and so far I've been through 2 South Dakota winters on the OEM Bridgestone R92A's which are rated terrible on tirerack. I did fine, but last year was a nasty winter and I did get stuck on side streets. Found the Toyo's brand new on ebay for $100 a pop which was crazy cheap. Pretty much the same price as the el cheapo Firestone Winterforce but the Toyo's are a performance winter so I'll lose some snow traction but that's alright. Can't wait to try em out. I've never had a problem with losing control of the front end so I am keeping the RE92's up there until they wear out many years from now. Get up and go snow traction is all I need and I don't rely on VDC to keep me straight. I expect to see a noticeable improvement from all you winter tire pushers on here

Old 12-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Was able to get out in fresh inches of snow this morning. I can see why everyone likes snow tires so much now. The Toyo's perform excellent in the snow and I'm not having any VDC issues with snows on rear only.

Rain performance is OK. In dry, I can definitely feel and hear the super flexible snow tread bending on acceleration. That is a very different experience. Hard acceleration at highway speed produces a slight wobbly feeling due to how flexible they are. Feels completely stable when not accelerating. For those of you that can't stand tire road noise, there's definitely a little bit of that. Personally, tire road noise has never bothered me.