Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Who Has VarrsToen Wheels on their Cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 08:41 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
for what it's worth....

I had Varrs and loved them. But I probably wouldn't get them again just for the sake that my next car won't look right with any of the designs they offer.

but Row2k...why did you spend all that money on suspension parts for performance to get a set of replicas that negate some of the performance aspects of the car due to weight?

The following users liked this post:
SDGenius (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Wait. So his car is a pos but that fancy green sedan that costs less is not a pos? Interesting. These brand snobs are out of control....

Old 11-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
wth are you talking about

Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
^ I believe he's talking about Blain's car Chris

Anyway back to the discussion at hand Does Varrstoen really own Chikara?

and +1 on owning Varrs. They were some tough knock offs I hit a middle divider wall going 80+ mph and they didn't crack or break just some minor rash. on the TE reps.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:47 PM
JBF
Originally Posted by selyorsoul2roll
Wait. So his car is a pos but that fancy green sedan that costs less is not a pos? Interesting. These brand snobs are out of control....
Blain even knows his car is an overwieght, underpowered POS.

But Row2k took a jab at fitment for no reason...

Brand snobs? lol.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by JBF
for what it's worth....

I had Varrs and loved them. But I probably wouldn't get them again just for the sake that my next car won't look right with any of the designs they offer.

but Row2k...why did you spend all that money on suspension parts for performance to get a set of replicas that negate some of the performance aspects of the car due to weight?
Honestly it really comes down to bang for the buck. I totally agree, heavy wheels = the suck, especially for a weekend track car. I would love to pick up some quality CCWs, Advans, Works, SSRs, or even Volks (never liked most volk designs for some reason, but still nice wheels). However at the end of the day my Varrstoens with tires were dirt cheap and weight maybe 3-4 lbs more per corner than some of the lightweight forged wheels and still look way better than just about anything else in the price range.

Even now I'm eyeballing a set of Advans on the my350 classifieds, but at $2500 that's super hard to justify considering an os giken lsd is something like $1800 with install and will have a much bigger impact on the speed of the car or its performance on the track. There's a number of other mods I'll be doing before next seasons track days that will simply make more sense than a new set of forged wheels, ie.: a rollcage, bride buckets, two piece rotors, list goes on.

I like my wheels, they look good, they allow me to run a wide fat tire on the track, and they're cheap. They are heavy, but it doesn't slow me down much at all.

Also as a side note, I understand the argument for safety, but I have a hard time believing that the persons posting furiously about rims that "fail catastrophically" are genuinely concerned about the well being of others on this forum. I'm pretty sure that if my wheels failed tomorrow and I posted about it there would be plenty on here in line to say "that's what you get for running reps, etc" as opposed to "sucks, hope your alright/cars alright". It's just the mentality I suppose, flame for the sake of flaming.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
John basically said what I should have.

Dude, my CCWs are 19lbs (18x11) and 18lbs (18x10) that's 7lbs less than your Varrs. That's a total of 28 lbs and a million lbs more endurance.

You spent money on HKS coils (which you woulda been better off with KWs) and all this yet you run fake heavy cast wheels? Buy some wedsorts. They're like $2100 brand new, weigh in under 20lbs and are bulletproof for flow formed cast.

You should really look into someone before you take a shot at them for what they're car is. I have a Z on fat tires running a +12 and a Q45 as well. I drive my G daily and it's modded for that aspect. If you read around on this forum you'll find out I know what I'm talking about 99% of the time (I wouldn't talk about it if I didn't) When I'm wrong, I admit it and I without a doubt learn something new every single day on this forum.

I only attack when I get snide remarks, and your response to me was snide as ****. Especially coming from someone who is obviously going to back the company in question.

Selyorsoul, a 7 year old car that has dropped from $45k to $8k is pushing it. I keep my car clean but I don't think it's anything it's not. Guys spray painting their hoods and wheels however are proving that these cars are becoming worthless. The guys that drives these things with white knuckles light to light are the ones that **** me off as they think they drive a GT3.

Anyways, Varrstoen, would you care to clear the air with everything that's been said? Like I said, the TEs and CEs are tough as hell, but why all the issues with the LMs. You've just released an 11" wide LM rep now, have the construction errors been corrected? or just ignored?

If you can prove to me that these LM reps (that we all know are yours) both broke in the exact same manner by coincidence, then I will personally buy a set of the TE reps from my wheel/tire sponsor.

BTW row, you're going to buy legit brides.... but you can't drop $2000 on lightweight tough wheels. You have your priorities a little mixed up.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:31 AM
I can agree completely with those types. But its unfair to lump those guys in with the people who buy rep wheels. There is no need for someone to rip into a guy because he didnt feel the need to spend thousands more on a similar looking wheels. Different strokes for different folks. You dont need to inform the world about which brands are better etc, if you dont like it move along and dont post and let the people enjoy their car. As for the people who put bbs caps and volk stickers on the reps, green light my man go to town.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:23 AM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by 4DGS
John basically said what I should have.

Dude, my CCWs are 19lbs (18x11) and 18lbs (18x10) that's 7lbs less than your Varrs. That's a total of 28 lbs and a million lbs more endurance.

You spent money on HKS coils (which you woulda been better off with KWs) and all this yet you run fake heavy cast wheels? Buy some wedsorts. They're like $2100 brand new, weigh in under 20lbs and are bulletproof for flow formed cast.

You should really look into someone before you take a shot at them for what they're car is. I have a Z on fat tires running a +12 and a Q45 as well. I drive my G daily and it's modded for that aspect. If you read around on this forum you'll find out I know what I'm talking about 99% of the time (I wouldn't talk about it if I didn't) When I'm wrong, I admit it and I without a doubt learn something new every single day on this forum.

I only attack when I get snide remarks, and your response to me was snide as ****. Especially coming from someone who is obviously going to back the company in question.

Selyorsoul, a 7 year old car that has dropped from $45k to $8k is pushing it. I keep my car clean but I don't think it's anything it's not. Guys spray painting their hoods and wheels however are proving that these cars are becoming worthless. The guys that drives these things with white knuckles light to light are the ones that **** me off as they think they drive a GT3.

Anyways, Varrstoen, would you care to clear the air with everything that's been said? Like I said, the TEs and CEs are tough as hell, but why all the issues with the LMs. You've just released an 11" wide LM rep now, have the construction errors been corrected? or just ignored?

If you can prove to me that these LM reps (that we all know are yours) both broke in the exact same manner by coincidence, then I will personally buy a set of the TE reps from my wheel/tire sponsor.

BTW row, you're going to buy legit brides.... but you can't drop $2000 on lightweight
tough wheels. You have your priorities a little mixed up.

Talking to you is somewhat pointless/borderline retarded, but I'll entertain it for a a post or two more. First of all wtf are you talking about with the KW coils comment. Have you ever seen a shock dyno plot for the KW varriant III or HKS hipermax III coils? Do you even know what a progressive or linear spring is? (Hint: One of these two has progressive front and back, the other doesn't , guess which one I have )

If we're going to talk wheels, lets compare apples to apples and not 19inch cast wheels to 18in forged ones like your attempting to. Also Wedsports are by no means less than 20lbs and are not forged:

19x9.5:

19x10:

If you really want to do a fair comparison (not that you do) lets compare Varrstoen LM reps, which are in the range of 25-28 lbs depending on size to the real BBS LMs:

19x9.5:

19x11 (not quite the same, but no pics of 19x10 or 19x10.5):

OOPS, sorry to burst your bubble.

As for the Brides, I need those a lot more than a set of forged wheels as its a pain to keep bracing yourself on every turn and not any fun for the instructor or passenger I might have. I do however wonder whether you have some kind of idiotic JDM EGO FTW view of Bride bucket seats vs Sparcos vs OMP vs Taiwan replicas for that matter. Do you even know how many layers of fiberglass are used in making ALL of those seats (I am of course referring ONLY to fixed back seats as I wouldn't trust 90% of the aftermarket folding seats in a rear end collision).

But of course your right 99% of the time

Old 11-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
the saga continues...

The following 2 users liked this post by SDGenius:
FlopsDaCat (06-09-2012), Z1Motorsports (11-10-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Ahh stop corrupting this thread, there hasn't been any real pics of varrstoens on people's cars for pages. I'm almost tempted to go get pics of my extremely dirty car to break the cycle

Old 11-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Agreed. Have this one closed. Start a new one with some quality pics. Have someone else start there own official i hate everything that not authentic thread. Win win

Old 11-10-2011, 11:25 AM
JBF
The BBS caps on those reps make me want to punch babies

The following 3 users liked this post by JBF:
CandlestickPark (11-10-2011), Drifter2090 (07-31-2014), Z1Motorsports (11-10-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 11:34 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Back on topic PLEASE...

The following users liked this post:
Z1Motorsports (11-10-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 11:44 AM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by JBF
The BBS caps on those reps make me want to punch babies
are you referring to the broken ones or the ones I posted on the scale, cuz those are the real thing. Real BBS LM wheels are far from lightweight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who Has VarrsToen Wheels on their Cars?