Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Who Has VarrsToen Wheels on their Cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 02:32 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
that still doesn't make my claim wrong or out of place lol but either way i rest my case...i understand the standpoint you vets are coming from here and there...but until you start sponsoring these people on here you bash.. who are you to gauge what they decide to spend their money on? Something else that should be obvious.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Claim is out of place because his response was in direct response to him saying he doesn't have money to mod the expensive way, yet he can run multiple sets of wheels. It's a paradox.

All of my wheels (authentic and often forged) are less money than 2 sets of varrstoens.... You can pick up used volks (the fanboy wheel of this site) for $2000 with tires everyday.

The guys that buy one set, yea fine, I don't respect your choice but if you legitly can't afford nicer wheels, go for it. This guy obviously CAN and chooses not to.... because he... I have no idea.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:35 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by JaE35
its completely idiotic for you to gauge what's affordable for someone outside of yourself....different people can have different priorities lol, how much do you know about what he needs to do with his money? Why isn't what i'm saying obvious? lol
His claim was that he can't afford to mod his car because of his low military pay. If his pay was indeed that low and his priorities are straight, then why mod the car at all? Why not take care of priorities first?

Plus, I may also add that he stated he was in Afghanistan. Well, homeboy should be making bank over there since he really shouldn't be spending money on anything. Even if he had a wife and a kid, those expenses should have already been covered on his pay when he was in the states. The extra money he's making, be it hazard pay and the non-taxable pay, as well as BAS is exactly what it is... extra money.

I'm not knocking the fact that he bought Varrstoen's, I honestly could care less. I'm knocking the fact that he's using the soldier card as if it is the end all be all problem with him not having money. This issue can be fixed with a little bit of proper money management. And guess what, the Army offers financial classes for free!

I didn't have a lot of money when I was in the military either, but I saved a lot of money in the beginning to middle years of my career to have what I have now. And it's the same with a lot of my friends who are still in the Army that can successfully balance their family life style, kids, wife, Z06, and 360 Forged wheels. It just took a lot of time and saving to get the stuff that they really wanted on a soldier's pay.

Edit: And here's what a lot of people don't realize. You get these young new soldiers that come in, right of of Basic and AIT and I'm talking about these E1's, E2's, and E3's. They've been getting paid the entire time they've been in training, didn't really get to spend it since they've been in training, they go to a post where they have more "freedom" to do as they please, and they go off and purchase $30,000 vehicles with 12% interest. They go out to eat every day since they're tired of the food from the DFAC, they drink alcohol and party every weekend, go to strip clubs, etc... you name it. And need I remind you, this is all on a new soldier's base pay of like $1400 or whatever it is now. And then they complain they don't have money.

I guess, to me... it isn't about him purchasing Varsttoen's, its about poor financial decisions when you're in the Army that cause a huge headache to your squad leader, section sergeant, platoon sergeant, first sergeant, etc.

That's why I say don't play the soldier card because it is a **** poor excuse for your terrible financial decisions.

Last edited by XiN; 11-23-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:39 PM
But back to realness, this guy claims he's running negative offset 10.5s on a static sedan.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:43 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by 4DGS
But back to realness, this guy claims he's running negative offset 10.5s on a static sedan.
Don't forget he's not even doing an aggressive stretch either.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
So you are calling me a liar?
Yoshi, who had purchased the wheels broken from another user. The previous owner had contacted me direct for a replacement wheel stating he damaged it himself while using it for track use. The wheel wouldnt crack like that from normal street use or else the thousands of customers we had would have that issue.... And yes we are reffering to the TE style wheel with the cracked lip.

And before you go blasting off... please get your facts straight. The first LM style wheel that you posted is NOT a VarrsToen wheel. The second one is and yes it was the one and only issue we had for the wheel due to the thin material from machining the lip. But if you read the actual thread post on m3f you'll understand. So to answer your question, No the wheels do not keep cracking in the same place because the other wheel you posted is not a VarrsToen wheel as you claim.

Both those owners were not on the track... they were on city streets with normal sized tires.

But that's your excuse you try to blame it on track use? Then why the hell are the cars still in good shape aside from the ruptured wheel? To separate a face from the lip (on quality wheels) you need to hit a wall HARD. Those cars never crashed...

So add lying to your great reputation I guess?

Unless you're referring to the TE reps that were tracked and are missing a chunk. BUT you're still dodging the question as to why the LM reps keep breaking in the exact same way.
These are two different occasions. Clearly the metal is too thin where the lip meets the face and has created a fragile breaking point.

The following 2 users liked this post by VarrsToen:
CBcoupesa3rgen2 (11-29-2014), Row2k (12-02-2011)
Old 11-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Prove that it wasn't. The owner of that wheel claimed he bought it from you (or one of your resellers) You selling someone elses wheels? If you really want to set it straight, tell everyone the other companies that get their wheels from the same plant as you.

Because that kind of fracture is not a coincidence, it's a design flaw.

Took you a while to come up with that rebuttal, but yea I guess I am calling you a liar. But lying is something expected from a company that makes it's money stealing other companies designs.

The following 2 users liked this post by 4DGS:
Captain Supreme Sausage (11-23-2011), Hotdawwgman (11-23-2011)
Old 11-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Blain is on fire!

Old 11-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by LowExpectations
Im sorry that i can not at this time provide a picture of my sedan. and its for this reason! im in F*ing AFGHANISTAN. so when i am able to provide pictures i will. And so sorry that a Big BRAKE kit is so important for my daily driver!?!? sorry i am a underpaid SOLDIER! and can't afford all the things that some people can. i try to enjoy my car as much as possible with the money i got!
whats the point of having 2 sets of wheels then underpaid soldier...
Come back home alrdy this country isnt worth fighting for.

The following 2 users liked this post by iiiiiekoiiiii:
Captain Supreme Sausage (11-23-2011), VictoriousG (11-23-2011)
Old 11-23-2011, 07:29 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
there's a black cloud floating over this thread lol

The following 2 users liked this post by JaE35:
Captain Supreme Sausage (11-23-2011), SDGenius (11-23-2011)
Old 11-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Mods why havent you closed this thread yet? There is nothing coming out of it. Maybe the people who dont like these companies should go call the bbb and complain.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Really. If you don't like them, don't buy them. If you do like them, then buy them.
The bs in this thread is some of the worst I have ever seen.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
Prove that it wasn't. The owner of that wheel claimed he bought it from you (or one of your resellers) You selling someone elses wheels? If you really want to set it straight, tell everyone the other companies that get their wheels from the same plant as you.

Took you a while to come up with that rebuttal, but yea I guess I am calling you a liar. But lying is something expected from a company that makes it's money stealing other companies designs.
Ouch! the truth hurts!

Old 11-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Oh snap! This thread is going to end badly

Old 11-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamie
Really. If you don't like them, don't buy them. If you do like them, then buy them.
The bs in this thread is some of the worst I have ever seen.
You buy them cause u like the design, when wheel comes to you lookin like *** and they give u the run around... Thats when u talk **** about them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who Has VarrsToen Wheels on their Cars?