Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

VarrsToen | NEW ES6 Wheels... Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 04:40 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Updates!

Old 05-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts
+1...

Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Just a thought here, but I was doing some research on wheels the other day and I might be able to help you all out.

If you started with a Circle (round thing, kinda looks like the outside of a wheel) and then drew some **** in the middle of it connecting the outer Circle to a central point - this is going to sound crazy, I know - you'll end up with what we call a "design."

It's pretty cool, you can make your own **** instead of just browsing forums for what's popular and making knockoffs.

Just a suggestion.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Wait what.... You just blew my mind.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by OBsessed
Just a thought here, but I was doing some research on wheels the other day and I might be able to help you all out.

If you started with a Circle (round thing, kinda looks like the outside of a wheel) and then drew some **** in the middle of it connecting the outer Circle to a central point - this is going to sound crazy, I know - you'll end up with what we call a "design."

It's pretty cool, you can make your own **** instead of just browsing forums for what's popular and making knockoffs.

Just a suggestion.
he's mad.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
update please

Old 05-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just a suggestion.
This. this for the jesus titty ****ing christ truth. I was drawing the other day out of boredom and ended up designing a new wheel. I would post a picture for you to see but Varrstoen might make a knock off. **"All new! Varrstoen pos7"**

Old 05-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know why people get all pissy about it. It's not like you own the rights or copyrights to works,volk,ssr,bbs wheel design , its not like a rep wheel is taking money out of your pocket and you cant feed your kids . Reps aren't even taking money from the authentic wheel brands because there will always be people willing to pay 3k, 4k, 5k,6k for a set of "wheels".

Hey if you can afford it and want to spend that kind of money on "authentic" "wheels" be my guest but get off the nuts of people rocking rep wheels. It's not like the company is going to stop making a product just because "you" feel like they copied another product and now your mad that you spent $$$$ on the original and the rep is being sold for $$.

I hope they do make a work Equip rep hopefully they make it polish !!! lol Varrstoen if you do decide to make an equip rep I want to be in the "beta" team hahahahahhaha

Old 05-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Sure, you're totally right, it's great for the aftermarket industry when companies that developed the original awesome **** now have to compete with biters selling an inferior product at half the cost that happens to look the same.

How's HKS North America doing these days?

Old 05-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Received 198 Likes on 150 Posts
it benefits lot of guys that love the wheels but can't afford real things, now they can lol

Old 05-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by G35ergio
I don't know why people get all pissy about it. It's not like you own the rights or copyrights to works,volk,ssr,bbs wheel design , its not like a rep wheel is taking money out of your pocket and you cant feed your kids . Reps aren't even taking money from the authentic wheel brands because there will always be people willing to pay 3k, 4k, 5k,6k for a set of "wheels".

Hey if you can afford it and want to spend that kind of money on "authentic" "wheels" be my guest but get off the nuts of people rocking rep wheels. It's not like the company is going to stop making a product just because "you" feel like they copied another product and now your mad that you spent $$$$ on the original and the rep is being sold for $$.

I hope they do make a work Equip rep hopefully they make it polish !!! lol Varrstoen if you do decide to make an equip rep I want to be in the "beta" team hahahahahhaha
You just don't really get it do you? Do you know why they charge 3k to 6k plus for wheels. Because their tested. They also charge that much because poeple rip them off by making knock offs. Like bride seats. Authentic bride seats use to be about a third to half what they are now. But when bride Canada/Taiwan came out their prices went off. They raise their prices to continue to make a margin. Pisses me off, because I buy authentic parts and I have to spend more for them now. So when you curb you new knock off "Equips" and they break into 10 pieces on the street and you crash don't come complaining at all. Or when you rim just flat out breaks off on the freeway because they never tested their wheels and you crash into innocent people.... I think you get my point.

The following users liked this post:
That G Gray (05-22-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by G35ergio

You are the epitome of ignorance. Clearly you have no knowledge whatsoever in the field of economics, and you display no knowledge of even the most basic of economic principles. Please save yourself from embarrassment and do not post your opinions of anything economics-related.

The following users liked this post:
That G Gray (05-22-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts
I think its good for there to be alot of wheel options for everyone...

Old 05-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Options yes, but clear knock offs raise the price of the real thing.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sure, you're totally right, it's great for the aftermarket industry when companies that developed the original awesome **** now have to compete with biters selling an inferior product at half the cost that happens to look the same.

How's HKS North America doing these days?

Original design ? Yeah SSR Professor wheels look nothing like Work Meister wheels “nothing” alike. I can’t find one similarity in the SSR design.
I mean unless “Work Wheels” owns/owned “ SSR” wouldn’t the SSR Professor be a replica ???

As far as inferior product yeah it might not be a “3 piece wheel” and it might not cost “$3500” but it still fulfills its purpose as
a wheel/rim at an affordable price.

Bottom line the aftermarket industry is still a business and people are going to decide if they want to buy authentic or replica. I know 100% that all you bashing on reps and the companies that make them would ever ever ever be caught with a set and that’s a personal choice. Just like it’s my personal choice to buy a set of es6 when there not on back order

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VarrsToen | NEW ES6 Wheels... Coming Soon