Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

VarrsToen | NEW ES6 Wheels... Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts
i like where this is going.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Wait so its ok to buy replica bumpers & body parts which almost every person has done on the forum, but not ok to buy replica wheels?

The following 5 users liked this post by Golden_Shower:
G35ergio (05-22-2013), Marc Bynum (07-11-2013), ohfive (05-22-2013), racercris15 (05-22-2013), That G Gray (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts
^ah.. now we're getting somewhere!

The following users liked this post:
G35ergio (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
You just don't really get it do you? Do you know why they charge 3k to 6k plus for wheels. Because their tested. They also charge that much because poeple rip them off by making knock offs. Like bride seats. Authentic bride seats use to be about a third to half what they are now. But when bride Canada/Taiwan came out their prices went off. They raise their prices to continue to make a margin. Pisses me off, because I buy authentic parts and I have to spend more for them now. So when you curb you new knock off "Equips" and they break into 10 pieces on the street and you crash don't come complaining at all. Or when you rim just flat out breaks off on the freeway because they never tested their wheels and you crash into innocent people.... I think you get my point.
I get it , but I’m not the one paying the inflated “prices” for the those certain products. Why should I worry about how much you’re paying for an authentic bride seat , I shouldn’t right because its none of my business. I’m not going to stop buying replica wheels just because I’m worrying about what’s it going to do the price of authentic wheels.

I’ve had about 6 pairs of reps never had an issue with one set. Might be because I don’t drift or I don’t bash the **** out of my wheels or run those rubber band tires on them but rep wheels have been good to me. And if one wheel ever broke their so inexpensive I could easily buy me a replacement.

Don’t’ get me wrong BIG BRAND name wheels are amazing low offset 3 piece and tested. I get all that but I’m not forking over $$$$ for a set of wheels lol I can buy a used car for the amount of money I see on certain wheels. Even if I had the cash I still don’t think I would buy BIG NAME brand wheels and that’s just my personal choice.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by dominate
You are the epitome of ignorance. Clearly you have no knowledge whatsoever in the field of economics, and you display no knowledge of even the most basic of economic principles. Please save yourself from embarrassment and do not post your opinions of anything economics-related.

Oh great dominate master of Economics please shine your wisdom on all your humble peasants. Show’s us the way so that we would no longer be ignorant to this subject. Oh great one please o please will you not display your knowledge so that I will no longer embarrass ourselves in front of our g35driver peers.

Pshhh this guy ^ --- No were in my post did I say I was an economics expert now did I ? I was just expressing my opinion or how I view this matter. If its economically incorrect I apologize It was never my intension to offend the oh great dominate master and superior being of economics.

And as far as telling me not to post I’ll do as a please. This is a forum which purpose is to “post” so that’s what I’m going to continue to do. You are no one to tell me what I can and cannot do ! Good day Sir ! (^_^)

Old 05-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Very very original wheel Design no copying going on here.

Work Euroline DH
Name:  WORKEUROLINEDH.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  83.4 KB

SSR Vienna Dish
Name:  SSRViennaDish.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  82.1 KB

Leon Hardiritt Ritter
Name:  leon_hardirittRitter.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  29.4 KB

ohfive (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Lmao

Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Originally Posted by Golden_Shower
Wait so its ok to buy replica bumpers & body parts which almost every person has done on the forum, but not ok to buy replica wheels?
I think wheels are on a different scale here given you physically sit your car on them but i do get your point

Old 05-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by G35ergio
Oh great dominate master of Economics please shine your wisdom on all your humble peasants. Show’s us the way so that we would no longer be ignorant to this subject. Oh great one please o please will you not display your knowledge so that I will no longer embarrass ourselves in front of our g35driver peers.

Pshhh this guy ^ --- No were in my post did I say I was an economics expert now did I ? I was just expressing my opinion or how I view this matter. If its economically incorrect I apologize It was never my intension to offend the oh great dominate master and superior being of economics.

And as far as telling me not to post I’ll do as a please. This is a forum which purpose is to “post” so that’s what I’m going to continue to do. You are no one to tell me what I can and cannot do ! Good day Sir ! (^_^)
I was brazen in my post I admit sorry about that. But here's your point I had a problem with:

Reps aren't even taking money from the authentic wheel brands because there will always be people willing to pay 3k, 4k, 5k,6k for a set of "wheels".
Yes, the producers of replica wheels ARE cutting into the revenues of the original manufacturers of the wheels. Not all replica wheel owners would be willing to pay for the real deal. But there certainly are people who would be willing to save up to buy a wheel with the same design.

Of course there will always be people be willing to pay for 4k the authentic wheel right off the bat. But you need to consider the fact that some people who fall in love with the design of a wheel would be willing to save up for it when there is no other alternative. Look at the replica body parts example. I'm 100% sure a considerable amount of people would save up for the authentic pieces of no replicas were available.

G35ergio (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
Very very original wheel Design no copying going on here.

Work Euroline DH

SSR Vienna Dish

Leon Hardiritt Ritter
Name:  TomsMindBlown_zpsb10c3877.gif
Views: 251
Size:  951.4 KB

Old 05-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
I think you guys are missing the point; it’s a matter of market segmentation. Brand wheels and reps are in totally different markets. You guys are assuming that if reps didn’t exist everyone would automatically buy wheels for 3-4k.

People who spend 1k on wheels are not the target market for companies like Work. Even if reps were not available, these people would not spend the extra 3k on wheels, instead they would choose from one of the many other cheaper wheels in the market. Work has a specific niche they target, people with extra money willing to spend on luxury items. They are not affected by the person who goes after low quality wheels. Work doesnt complete with Varrstoen.

Seems like people just get upset because they spend 3-4k on wheels while others get similar wheels at 1/4 of the cost and are just as happy with their purchase since most "non-car people" cant tell the difference.

Last edited by Polishthrust; 05-22-2013 at 04:10 PM.
G35ergio (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Polishthrust
I think you guys are missing the point; it’s a matter of market segmentation. Brand wheels and reps are in totally different markets. You guys are assuming that if reps didn’t exist everyone would automatically buy wheels for 3-4k.

People who spend 1k on wheels are not the target market for companies like Work. Even if reps were not available, these people would not spend the extra 3k on wheels, instead they would choose from one of the many other cheaper wheels in the market. Work has a specific niche they target, people with extra money willing to spend on luxury items. They are not affected by the person who goes after low quality wheels.

Seems like people just get upset because they spend 3-4k on wheels while others get similar wheels at 1/4 of the cost and are just as happy with their purchase since most "non-car people" cant tell the difference.
I agree with you, but my point has always been that some (yes, maybe small in number) of the replica wheel purchasers would save up to purchase the authentic wheels if given no other alternative. I'm actually impartial to the replica vs. authentic debate, as both products have their pros and cons

Last edited by dominate; 05-22-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by dominate
I agree with you, but my point has always been that some (yes, maybe small in number) of the replica wheel purchasers would save up to purchase the authentic wheels if given no other alternative. I'm actually impartial to the replica vs. authentic debate, as both products have their pros and cons
I'm impartial as well, you get what you pay for.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by Polishthrust

People who spend 1k on wheels are not the target market for companies like Work. Even if reps were not available, these people would not spend the extra 3k on wheels, instead they would choose from one of the many other cheaper wheels in the market. Work has a specific niche they target, people with extra money willing to spend on luxury items. They are not affected by the person who goes after low quality wheels. Work doesnt complete with Varrstoen.

I'm not assuming that the lack of reps would mean those folks would automatically buy legit wheels at all. I'm assuming with the lack of reps they'd be buying another cheaper brand that has a design they still like.

Why I dislike the replica wheels is simple - it's because I like the legit wheels. I'd love to rock a set of 3 piece Meisters and had been considering it, but why would I do so now when I could imagine pulling up to a show and having someone ask where I got my Varrs? So that's a sale that Work won't be getting from me. I also feel bad for the couple guys I know that have Meisters or SP1s already and imagine that at least some of them will be selling and trading for something new once these roll out.

The people that want to save their cash and not spend several thousand on wheels aren't to blame for what's available, and on the one hand I admire Varr's business strategy, I just don't like it. It doesn't do anything good for the market as a whole.

I don't want to see anymore companies (of any level) go the way of HKS, I like to have the option of buying a quality part whether or not I can immediately afford it. I know not everyone will save and spend for top shelf parts, but it's good for all of us to have the option as eventually those parts will come back up for sale used and more affordable when the first owner upgrades again or moves on to another platform.

I feel the same way about the replica body parts, and when I can afford some legit **** I'll stop rocking the stock body.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by Golden_Shower

As the post above said, I think they are on different levels. A Shizzy Strafe bumper is not tested, and a Extremely Expensive Chargespeed Bumper is not tested. For me I have authentic parts across the board. No knock offs. But thats me.

You may not own the brand that is doing the knock offs, but by supporting them you are slowely inflating prices of every other authentic brand. Much is the case when a Wal Mart goes into a target demographic. Safeways, Albertsons and Every other mom and pop store who sells more quality products feel the hit of a "good deal". Most small businesses fail, and the big big big box ones iinflate their prices slowely due to less foot traffic coming in the door. Thats my point. A pair of Nikes use to be 50 dollars, but due to knock offs and replicas they are now more expensive. Yes inflation is a part of that, but when my next door neighbor is the VP over taking out counterfit products you know that there are a lot of people doing it. Therefore they raise the prices accordingly. (this is a low end kind of comparison. HKS and Bride are better ones)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VarrsToen | NEW ES6 Wheels... Coming Soon