Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Bad wheel bearing? Opinions please! (Video+Audio)

Old 04-19-2019, 06:21 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thread revival! Man its been a while since I have been on here. Still have the G though. Going strong for 7 years. Anyways its my time to replace my rear drivers side wheel bearing. I was looking to go the route of just buying the hub assembly and installing it. After reading this thread I wasn't sure if they sell complete hubs with bearing already installed for the rear or if I should just buy both separate(hub & bearing) and press them in or just buy the wheel bearing solo and install on original hub. Obviously I know the complete kit is gonna be the most expensive but not sure how much. Haven't found any yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction? My car is pretty much un-driveable since it shakes so bad from the rear and the grinding noise is pretty loud to. Also my tire seems toed in quite a bit.

Old 04-19-2019, 09:32 PM
Premier Member
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
04 G35 Sedan performance package. 70k Eibach springs and sway bars. 19 inch wheels. Plenum spacer.
Originally Posted by MDH713 View Post
Thread revival! Man its been a while since I have been on here. Still have the G though. Going strong for 7 years. Anyways its my time to replace my rear drivers side wheel bearing. I was looking to go the route of just buying the hub assembly and installing it. After reading this thread I wasn't sure if they sell complete hubs with bearing already installed for the rear or if I should just buy both separate(hub & bearing) and press them in or just buy the wheel bearing solo and install on original hub. Obviously I know the complete kit is gonna be the most expensive but not sure how much. Haven't found any yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction? My car is pretty much un-driveable since it shakes so bad from the rear and the grinding noise is pretty loud to. Also my tire seems toed in quite a bit.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...pair+kit,10520

Old 05-23-2019, 12:27 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

so... i needed to get a new front set of tires since my aligment was that off?
I have lifetime aligment at Firestone I guess they just dont care ?
They didnt even bother to explain to me what's wrong with it

Old 05-24-2019, 12:55 PM
BANNED!!!
Received 817 Likes on 751 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yep that is exactly what -0.42 degrees toe will do to a tire.

About the lack of explanation, it's entirely possible they don't even understand how the geometry affects the tire, they just need to make the boxes green and it's good!

Basically what was happening is the tire was slightly turned to one direction however the car is still pushing in a straight line, it causes SEVERE wear on the tire since it's constantly sliding across the road surface instead of rolling straight down it.

Look at this picture, your front left corner had negative toe so it's pointed slightly outward, yet the rest of the tires were all still pointing in a straight line. The car was being pushed in a straight line but that front left tire was angled slightly outward so the road was constantly sliding at an angle across it ( exactly 0.42 degrees of angle) and it's basically like taking a cheese grater to the tire all the time.