Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Everybody waiting on Volks - please read...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My tires better be in this week.....i don't know how bzabodyn handled the messed up order the first time around... that's rough!

I orginally was going with the Bridgestones...anyone recommend the toyo's? if the wait is long i may take the toyo's...

Last edited by allforthecash; 03-14-2005 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:48 AM
I have been told that mine are in. They said they got them tuesday and were going to try and ship them that night. Then wednesday they said they were going to ship them becuase they didn't get them mounted and ballanced in time on tuesday. Then thursday they said they were going to have ups come pick them up becuase ups forgot to on wednesday. Then friday they said they were going to take them to ups them selves. I'm calling them tomorrow and if they haven't shipped I'm going to raise hell. I'm so F'n fed up with waiting. My car has been on blocks for three months now when I could have just bought a set of used ones for almost 1k less.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:37 PM
I feel you - that's exactly how I feel...

First, I was told that my ETA was going to be Feb. 11th and I was ok with that (that would have been a 2 1/2 month wait); then, February 11th gets here and I call F1 and they tell me Mackin placed the order incorrectly on the front wheels or something or other and that the date was then pushed back to Mar. 1 - well, then March 1st rolls around and I call F1 and they said that they hadn't been contacted about the wheels... FINALLY on Mar. 3rd (a Thurs.) I get a call from F1 saying that my wheels are in fact at Mackin and they are going to pick them up and mount/balance/ship them out on Friday the 4th... well, I don't hear from anyone on Fri., Mon., Tues., etc... then I finally get pissed off and call DHL last Thursday and make them research whether or not the wheels had been shipped out... they said they were shipped late last Wed. and that I wouldn't get them until Tues. the 15th (tomorrow) - F1 FINALLY emailed me the tracking numbers this morning (a little too f@cking late, if you ask me) and I replied to them pretty much saying that I didn't appreciated being put off like this after I had been waiting for over 3 months to start with... the least they could have done when they came in was try to get them shipped out as soon as possible, but they didn't...(same thing Import-Tooner went through)

I will NOT be going through the waiting process ever again... either they will have what I want in stock or I will not being doing business with them... I have NEVER had to wait 3+months for anything before, esp. something I paid over $3k for... you know?!?!?

Last edited by bzabodyn; 03-14-2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by bzabodyn
I feel you - that's exactly how I feel...

First, I was told that my ETA was going to be Feb. 11th and I was ok with that (that would have been a 2 1/2 month wait); then, February 11th gets here and I call F1 and they tell me Mackin placed the order incorrectly on the front wheels or something or other and that the date was then pushed back to Mar. 1 - well, then March 1st rolls around and I call F1 and they said that they hadn't been contacted about the wheels... FINALLY on Mar. 3rd (a Thurs.) I get a call from F1 saying that my wheels are in fact at Mackin and they are going to pick them up and mount/balance/ship them out on Friday the 4th... well, I don't hear from anyone on Fri., Mon., Tues., etc... then I finally get pissed off and call DHL last Thursday and make them research whether or not the wheels had been shipped out... they said they were shipped late last Wed. and that I wouldn't get them until Tues. the 15th (tomorrow) - F1 FINALLY emailed me the tracking numbers this morning (a little too f@cking late, if you ask me) and I replied to them pretty much saying that I didn't appreciated being put off like this after I had been waiting for over 3 months to start with... the least they could have done when they came in was try to get them shipped out as soon as possible, but they didn't...(same thing Import-Tooner went through)

I will NOT be going through the waiting process ever again... either they will have what I want in stock or I will not being doing business with them... I have NEVER had to wait 3+months for anything before, esp. something I paid over $3k for... you know?!?!?

Yes...my rims are in.....but they didn't order the tires...what is that about? while you are waiting for the rims you can't order tires in advance so you have them ready? .....no biggy....but come on!

Old 03-15-2005, 11:23 AM
The company I ordered from has now told me that they were shipped last friday. But, I can't seem to get a tracking number from them. They have some bs story about how it was on their computer system that is down and they're trying to work on it. All I can say is that mine better be here this week.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Import-Tooner
The company I ordered from has now told me that they were shipped last friday. But, I can't seem to get a tracking number from them. They have some bs story about how it was on their computer system that is down and they're trying to work on it. All I can say is that mine better be here this week.

HA! I got that computer system down story a while back ago too hehehehehhe

Old 03-15-2005, 01:36 PM
HAHAHA - I GOT THE SAME STORY!!!!

Was it F1? They told me their online-tracking system was down for four days... but all that is behind me now because I just checked the DHL site and it says my wheels are "With Delivery Courier" - it's about f@#$ing time!!!

The only thing is that I have to wait until after I get off work to mount them since they are getting shipped to my parent's shop... oh well... look for pics tomorrow!!!

Old 03-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by bzabodyn
HAHAHA - I GOT THE SAME STORY!!!!

Was it F1? They told me their online-tracking system was down for four days... but all that is behind me now because I just checked the DHL site and it says my wheels are "With Delivery Courier" - it's about f@#$ing time!!!

The only thing is that I have to wait until after I get off work to mount them since they are getting shipped to my parent's shop... oh well... look for pics tomorrow!!!
So, when they told me their computers were down but it had been shipped. They weren't telling the whole truth. I called again on monday and tuesday and got the same story. Finally tuesday afternoon, after I was all pissed off. I called them and told me that I don't care if they have to go them selves to ups and hand pick out the tracking number but I want it. Ended up that they DIDN'T ship the wheels. Then they came up with another story about how they had been sitting at ups but didn't go out because ups didn't have their billing information. To make a long story short, I raised enough fuss and got them shipped on wednesday and they should be here this thursday. At least, thats what the ups tracking number says. I'll be happier than a retard at a christmas parade. I'm going to get them on and take pictures ASAP.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:14 AM
sorry for all the troubles - I'm glad I have someone that knows what it feels like to be shafted more than once...

don't worry, it's all worth it once they're on the car though!

Old 03-22-2005, 08:44 PM
OH OH OH! I got.... ONE! today. Maybe if I'm way lucky ill get the next three this week

Old 03-22-2005, 09:28 PM
OH all mine will be in tomorrow.....but its suppose to freaking rain all week.....should i mount? or wait till next week??????????????

Old 03-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by allforthecash
OH all mine will be in tomorrow.....but its suppose to freaking rain all week.....should i mount? or wait till next week??????????????
hmm... I'd mount them when the weather clears up. I'm mounting mine for sure but if its crappy weather then I'll just keep driving the tacoma.

Old 03-23-2005, 05:53 PM
I mounted mine and then it rained for like 3 days straight afterwards... they were filthy (and they taught me that they're going to be a b1tch to keep clean) but now after a few days of good weather and a coat of Zaino, they're back in action!