Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!

Hello all! Last night was definitely a welcomed time for me, for after 3 1/2 months of waiting, my wheels/tires FINALLY arrived - here are the complete specs on the setup:

Front:
19x9.5 +29 Mercury Silver Volk SF-winnings
255/35/19 BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW2

Rear:
19x10.5 +29 Mercury Silver Volk SF-winnings
285/35/19 BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW2

The wheels were not mounted until around 9:00pm last night, so I only took a few pictures, and most of them didn't turn out - I will post the best ones in a couple hours when I get a chance to upload them... better pictures will follow in a separate thread as soon as the weather clears up (it's been raining off and on here for over a week)...

My Impressions:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

These things are amazing! The quality and detail of these wheels is really impressive - I really felt like I got a bargain when I opened the boxes and saw them in person for the first time. The mercury silver color is beautiful and is the perfect contrast to the shiny polished lips. The tires were also very impressive looking - both in their sheer size/width and their aggressive appearance; when compared to a stock rear wheel, these look gargantuan!

After mounting the wheels/tires, I finally knew what everyone meant when they said custom wheels change the look of this car - I have done a few body mods in the last month, but nothing could compare to the visually impact the wheels give off - they fill the wheel wells PERFECTLY and have the perfect amount of stagger front to rear, imo... I absolutely love the way the car looks now - it really completes the look I was going for...

As everyone knows, I kinda took a gamble on this setup because no one previously had been running these particular offsets/wheel & tires sizes - first off, to get it out of the way - there is absolutely ZERO rubbing with a little over a 1" drop (Hotchkis springs) on either the front or the rear... the camber on the rears is already corrected (-1.6 deg), and there is no rubbing with an extremely wide 285/35 tire and the tire is perfectly flush with the rear fender line - so all the homework I did actually worked out... on the fronts, where I was least sure, everything also fit like a glove - even though I don't have brembos I really think these wheels would clear (even though others have said the opposite) - there is around an extra inch of clearance available between the spokes and the OEM caliper. I will be upgrading to Wilwoods in the fall/winter, so I guess we'll see then... There doesn't seem like there is much room left between the control arm and the tire, so I think that a 255/35 is about as wide as you can go in the front on this setup...

So all in all, I am an EXTREMELY happy camper, and the wait was well worth it looking back (but I'd never do it again!) - it's the best feeling in the world to be able to look out my office window and see my car in the parking lot with these bad-a$$ wheels on it! (If only it wasn't getting f@#$ing rained on!)

Look for pictures in a couple hours!

Old 03-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Yea GOGOGO Pictures !!

Old 03-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Listen crack head....post the pics already ..and stop humping the rims..you're scuff'n them up

HEY ..if you say the 285 don't rub....maybe i should do 285 as well!! but my front off-set is different is there a chance the 255 will rub in front?????????????????????

Last edited by allforthecash; 03-16-2005 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:20 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Come on, post the pics!!

Old 03-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Congrats on FINAALLY getting your wheels!!
I wonder how those BFG's will look!! Originally I was going w/ falken fk451s but they got 'lost' by UPS on the way to discount tires direct. SOOO, they decided to hook me up w/ the BFG KDW 2s for the same price!! They will arrive today or tomorrow and I cant wait either way! Post some pics alreeaaaady!! i also went w/ 285/35/19 in the rear but i have a 19x10...and 245 for the front 19x9...

Old 03-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Congrats on FINAALLY getting your wheels!!
I wonder how those BFG's will look!! Originally I was going w/ falken fk451s but they got 'lost' by UPS on the way to discount tires direct. SOOO, they decided to hook me up w/ the BFG KDW 2s for the same price!! They will arrive today or tomorrow and I cant wait either way! Post some pics alreeaaaady!! i also went w/ 285/35/19 in the rear but i have a 19x10...and 245 for the front 19x9...
Are the SF Winnings available in 10s??

Old 03-16-2005, 12:00 PM
no - if I remember correctly, he's getting G-games - ALL 19" Volks only come in 1/2" sizes...

Patience guys - pics will be up shortly! (they suck though)

Old 03-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by bzabodyn
no - if I remember correctly, he's getting G-games - ALL 19" Volks only come in 1/2" sizes...

Patience guys - pics will be up shortly! (they suck though)
still hump'n eh? . . . hehehehe

Old 03-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Pics! FYI Front Lip = 2.75" Rear Lip = 3.35"

Attached Thumbnails FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!-box1.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!-box2.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!-floor.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!-side-new.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!-front-side.jpg  

Old 03-16-2005, 01:11 PM
More pics - I'll try to get more up this weekend if the weather ever decides to get better...

Attached Thumbnails FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!-rear-side.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!-rear-new.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!-rear-lip.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!-front-lip.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!-street.jpg  

Old 03-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Those wheels look very nice with your G. Really nice clean set-up. Great choice!

Old 03-16-2005, 01:31 PM
As bzabodyn said, volks only do 1/2 sizes (ie. 8.5, 9.5...) the g-games are made by rays wheels (same company as volk/gram light) but come in full sizes rather than the half sizes!!

NIIICE PICS! you werent kidding about the cars appearance! Looks MUUCH nicer IMO!

bzabodyn - did you paint the air duct/inserts in the Type N front bumper yourself, as well as the rear exhaust fascia?? Looks real good!! Just wondering if it you had body shop paint it for you or if you did it yourself??

Last edited by pdjafari; 03-16-2005 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
very nice. SF-Winnings rock too along with SF-Challenge's. are the Brembo's much harder to keep clean now?

Old 03-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Brembos? I WISH I had Brembos! Actually, I don't think it'll be much harder to keep the brakes clean, but just by riding around a little at lunch, I can already tell that the wheels are going to be a lot of fun trying to keep looking new... that's ok though, because I'm already pretty **** about the way my car looks anyways...

pdjafari - the front bumper ducts and the rear bumper diffuser were both painted black by the body shop - they used a really neat paint that gave the areas a textured, plastic-like look that I really like...

Thanks for all the compliments, guys! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask - I'll be happy to answer them!

(and for those that were asking a while back about what my UT GTR grill looks like after I adjusted it, I'm attaching a picture below of what it looks like now)

Attached Thumbnails FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!-new-nismo.jpg  
Old 03-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Beautiful! Damn You! I'm so confused about what wheels to go with and you're not helping! Serioulsy you car looks great, one of the best examples of a clean looking BS around!

Do you have enough tire to protect the rims? Could you eventually go 295/35s? Just curious.

Congrats again!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings/BFG KDW2's Mounted!!!