Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Oh boy my camber is WAY off!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Never enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh boy my camber is WAY off!

Im on 350z tein H techs. My tire wear is bad. So I took her in for a Alignment. NOT GOOD! After adjustment results are
Left front
Caster +8.56
Camber -2.28
Right front
Caster +9.00
Camber -1.44
Rear left
Camber -1.88
Toe +1/16
Right rear
Camber -1.60
Toe +1/16
So Im fugged! Whats the best camber kit for the $$?? Or can I even get it in spec with a camber kit?

Old 04-06-2005, 06:48 PM
damn... i was thinking about going for the 350z tein H techs... Heard they only drop the G for about .5 inch so camber problem wouldn't be too outrageous. How much did you car drop by?

Old 04-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Never enough
Everyone says they dont srop it much BUT after a few months my car looks like it did on Eibachs. Its pretty low.

Old 04-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SPC Rear Camber and for the front get the 350Z Front Control Arms, and you should be set. But it wont be spec, just close to it..

Old 04-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Never enough
I think Im just going to sell the springs and go with something else. I love the look but dont need the problems. Fuggggg!!! Its never done!

Old 04-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by G352NV
Im on 350z tein H techs. My tire wear is bad. So I took her in for a Alignment. NOT GOOD! After adjustment results are
Left front
Caster +8.56
Camber -2.28
Right front
Caster +9.00
Camber -1.44
Rear left
Camber -1.88
Toe +1/16
Right rear
Camber -1.60
Toe +1/16
So Im fugged! Whats the best camber kit for the $$?? Or can I even get it in spec with a camber kit?
Man you've got a serious problem with that left front, either that spring is defective and dropped too low, the left suspension is messed up or your alignment shop did not attach the machine correctly at that corner of the car. I've seen these car's be off on the front camber by as much as .4 degree's side to side, but to be .8 degree's off, something's up with that.

Could you please measure the ride height on the front of the car? Measure from the top of the fender arch to the bottom of the ground. And what size of front tires are you one?

Other's with Z H-tech's have aligned their coupe's to be close to or in spec, yor left front numbers are really out of whack. These springs don't lower as much as some other choices you can make, and they use spring rates that make more sense then many of those other choices.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Never enough
Hmm somthing must be wrong then. I can see its wayyy off. It also pulls like mad to the right. Thats why I thought the alignment was right. Maybe the spring dropped? Im going to order the Tein H techs for the G and go from there.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Get new springs/suspension and raise the car up a bit. The tires alone probably cost 10X as much as the springs. Not to mention your brand new front bumper with $5k paint would crack like peanut brittle if you accidentally curb it.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Never enough
Your right the driver side is 26 1/4 the passanger is 27 in. I guess the spring has dropped

Old 04-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Head 'n Shoulders
i have eibachs and my camber was HORRIBLE. I got the SPC camber kit for the rear (~$200) and i have yet to purchase a kit for the front. The road noise is untolerable!!!! I have to save up a little more for the front camber kit (Im a college student = poor). But anyways, my rear is back in spec and i had the front corrected a little, but it is still way off.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Where did you guys buy the camber kits from , and at what cost? I am getting such different pricing and for different kits. thanks for the help

Old 04-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Man with green rock in Vortech
steve i don't know why you don't PM me.. i've only posted in every thread of yours about camber issues.

Buy the kinetix front control arms (best bang for the buck and once they are worn in, you won't know they are there) along with the SPC Camber Arms and Toe Bolt kit (I have the kinetix traction arms as well, but was told that they barely helped the adjustment; if you want to ensure perfect camber, I would just buy the whole kinetix kit front and rear with spc toe bolts). If you have people who know what they are doing your alignment will be set all in the green. Mine is, and my car is considerably lower than yours with my JIC's.

I guarranty these pieces will get your camber set back to spec.

FYI, this is what my car looked like before all of those pieces:

Last edited by turbomaxima; 04-14-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:07 PM
► Matt ◄
Hmm, this really interests me. With the same springs, I know my rear camber is just out of factory spec and I was going to buy the kinetix rear camber arms... but my front cambers are perfect... it really seems like a problem with the spring or the install. Let us know when you figure it out becuase Im interested in what the issue is.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey turbomax, does the Kinetix kit all come together and if so how much? I really want to lower but I don't want to fug it up. Once and done! Isn't it about time for another photoshoot by the way....

Old 04-15-2005, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by Omar
i have eibachs and my camber was HORRIBLE. I got the SPC camber kit for the rear (~$200) and i have yet to purchase a kit for the front. The road noise is untolerable!!!! I have to save up a little more for the front camber kit (Im a college student = poor). But anyways, my rear is back in spec and i had the front corrected a little, but it is still way off.
I'm in the same situation. I can't stand the road noise at low speeds. I have to drive fast for it to be quiet. I just got my camber done last week. I think my Tein flex settled some more because the front right rubs when i go up drive ways with a passenger now.

after allignment -

front left;
camber -1.8
caster 9.0

front right;
camber -2.2
caster 9.6

rear left;
camber -1.4
toe .12

rear right;
camber -1.5
toe .10

with the spc toe and camber kit the rear is in spec.
The front as you can see is way out of wack. going by the specs it should pull to the left, but I was told it pulls to the right because the tires are grabbing that direction.

now I have to buy new front tires, camber kit and another alignment + tire install.

Please anyone let me know if theres another kit out there like 350evo, but half the price. cusco and stillen wont' get you back into factory spec and I'm trying to avoid kinetix.

I'll keep you guys updated if I find more info too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oh boy my camber is WAY off!