Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

New Rims *pic*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 01:31 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Rims *pic*

Hey fellas, just threw on the new rims and wanted to share a pic with ya'll. Its the Iforged Aero black with polished lip. They are 20's and are sittin on Falken FK-451 tires. I live in NYC where the roads are the worst so everybody is like how can you drive on those. Well to be honest the ride is improved greatly as the car rides much smoother than the 18's and is a lot quieter too. Its definitely a step up from the pilot sports. I haven't took the car for alignment yet but it seems like its gonna need it. The color combo definitely gets its fair share of attention. Feel free to comment good or bad.

-Vin

Attached Thumbnails New Rims *pic*-blackie1.jpg  
Old 04-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very nice vinny
so did not go with maya
is that 05

Old 04-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Looks Real Good! Are you on stock suspension?

NY Streets are horrible...I bent 2 wheels while in Yonkers, and my cousin cracked the wheels on my old maxima on the Major Deegan!

Needless to say my G will never see NY again!

Last edited by RaleighNC; 04-19-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:53 PM
NY roads are horrible. I've cracked rims, bent rims and even murdered rims before and even no matter how careful you are or how slow you drive, something will happen. I just ordered a set of 19" RH J5's as well, so these NYC roads better be nice to my new shoes.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:09 PM
G SQUAD
69G- Nah I didn't go with the Maya's as I got a real good deal on these rims from another G Squad member. He gave me a great price and I love the look. Did you get that rim fixed yet?

RaleighNC- Yea I am on stock suspension and pretty contented with the way it looks. Some say you can drop some but to me it looks perfect and just the way I want it. Plus I def. don't wanna push it. The car does seem higher when driving it, it could just be me too...

DragonG- I know these NY roads are always sneakin up on you so I m definitely tryin to keep my eyes open for those suckers. I've been drivin much slower and cautiously. The J5's are real nice rims as Jason(Babiephat) from Gsquad has them in 19's on a DG coupe it looks off the hook. Its not even dropped but it sits so perfect.

Thanks for checkin out the pics.

-Vin

Old 04-19-2005, 02:22 PM
looks great Vin...

Old 04-19-2005, 04:30 PM
vin I had to buy new rim
it was bent in two many places

Old 04-19-2005, 05:18 PM
nice luv the blk on blk w/ the chrome lip

Old 04-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Nice, love the black on black look. With low profile tires, there is not much protection on your rims, so you definitely made the smart choice of buying wheels made of " forged aluminum " which are lighter and stronger than cast alloy wheels, which are heaver and more likely to bend. Great choice if driving in NY streets. I agree, my 20's with Falken tires is more comfortable than my stock 18's.

Last edited by GXCLUSIV; 04-19-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Very nice, kinda reminds me of my car but mine are seven spoke sprints instead of aero's! BTW more pics please

Old 04-19-2005, 06:04 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Are you in a company add in SuperStreet Mag?

No I m not, just put these on last friday. The previous owner however could have been, not sure.

Thanks for the nice comments guys, gotta get my front lip and detailing done next. By the way I actually drove into the city today for the first time on these rims. Not a bad commute but gotta be very very careful as we all know but not as bad as I expected. I m knockin on wood for sayin that by the way.

-Vin

Old 04-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by VinNYCG
Hey fellas, just threw on the new rims and wanted to share a pic with ya'll. Its the Iforged Aero black with polished lip. They are 20's and are sittin on Falken FK-451 tires. I live in NYC where the roads are the worst so everybody is like how can you drive on those. Well to be honest the ride is improved greatly as the car rides much smoother than the 18's and is a lot quieter too. Its definitely a step up from the pilot sports. I haven't took the car for alignment yet but it seems like its gonna need it. The color combo definitely gets its fair share of attention. Feel free to comment good or bad.
-Vin
Hot car! My exact wheel setup. If i had a black car, i would have definitely went with the black finish

Old 04-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VinNYCG

-Vin
Vin nice wheels do you think you could post more pictures of these wheels from different angles. Do they come in 19's and what widths?

Old 04-19-2005, 07:10 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Hey Vin, I remember seeing those rims on the original owner's G and thinking it was the hottest G ever. On yours they look just as beautiful Definitely take more pics!

Any ideas what he (you know who he is) is getting as a replacement? He said it was going to be something just as hot.. drool..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Rims *pic*