Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Which following wheels are best bang for $$?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rims

Thanks for all you guy's inputs...
The reason I didn't want to get name brands like RH, or volks is definitely because of the price. Its not worth it for my purpose. I will never see the track with this car. And I do go through wheels like dirty underware. Heck, I go through cars the same way. Til now I havn't driven the same car more than a couple of years. I get tired of looking at the same thing.

And the other thing is, if you go to Cardomain.com and check out their G35 gallery, every other guy has RH, or volks. Why spend all that money when every one else is using the same rims.

I think I'll go with Ruff 278's. I found out that ADR M-sports are fairly old, and may discontinue soon. And the privat profil didn't look right on the G, and that the guy tried to rip me off.

Definitely will get some nice tires though... no hankook for me, I am getting Toyo's since they are the only ones that have 275/35/19s.

By the way, what tire pressure are you guys running on with low profile tires?
What's best for prolonging tire and rim live?

Thanks

Old 09-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Inno
The guys saying to spend a boat load of cash on name brand wheels just want to feel better about dropping a lot of cash. Yes they will be lighter and stronger. However, you are kidding yourself if you think Volks, Mayas, DPE, Work, whomever etc won't bend.

Get what you like and FOCK anyone who thinks less of you. Way I look at it, wheel repair is dirt cheap, you can fix bent rims many times and still save a ton over the forged wheels (which still bend). Not to mention, if you are anything like me, you get tired of rims quickly. Another new set of name brand wheels will really set you back!
I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I had Volks on my supra and drove the car in nyc as well as nj and even when i hit those potholes hard, never did they bend...and i'm talking about driving on the highways and dropping into one of those horrible nyc potholes.

As for wheel repair...it may be cheap but you're forgetting about the convience factor. Some people neither have the time nor patience to have to bring in their car for wheel repair. Heck, i've had a few nails in my tires and even that's a pain to bring in.

Like some people mentioned, just look for some Enkei's or Axis rims. I see Axis rims going for pretty cheap on ebay. Personally i think the 6MT sports package rims look a ton better than those cheap rims.

Old 09-18-2005, 04:44 AM
before you make your final decision check these out. I would run these if I was on a serious budget. Probabally the only "cheap" wheel i'd run now. I had ADR's before and they never bent or anything but then again I never hit a big pothole. I have more peace of mind with my forged Volks. Anyway these are Luff Racing M1's.

http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.p...highlight=luff

Old 09-19-2005, 02:38 AM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Inno
The guys saying to spend a boat load of cash on name brand wheels just want to feel better about dropping a lot of cash. Yes they will be lighter and stronger. However, you are kidding yourself if you think Volks, Mayas, DPE, Work, whomever etc won't bend.

Get what you like and FOCK anyone who thinks less of you. Way I look at it, wheel repair is dirt cheap, you can fix bent rims many times and still save a ton over the forged wheels (which still bend). Not to mention, if you are anything like me, you get tired of rims quickly. Another new set of name brand wheels will really set you back!
EVERY wheel bends, regardless of make, and process. i too switch rims every 6 months to a year too.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:21 AM
rims

I found some axis hiros online. I think I'll get those with some toyos.

Anyway, what pressure are you guys running on?