Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Spacer on sport package G35 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 03:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Spacer on sport package G35 sedan

what about these 15mm ones? dont you think they are better?

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/prod...k=yes&dept=417

Gurgen

2003 G35 Silver/Sport/Winter/Aero-bumber only/stillen intake/clear markers

Old 07-31-2003, 04:19 PM

Gurgen,

Check out my second link above. There are four types of spacers, DR, DRS, DRA and DRM. For our application we can use either DRS or DRA since we have lug nuts. The DRM will not required the car to get the longer bolt pressed on but the DRS does since the spacer comes with special bolt and has its own set. For DRS, you will need the new longer bolt for any spacer thicker than 5mm. I want 15mm so I will need longer bolt put on and that I can't do myself since it requires removal of the brake disk and I got no press at home. (I am assuming you need a press as I don't see myself hammering it

What I really want is the DRM type that's 15mm thick which they don't make. [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Oh well, let me know how your custom spacer works out.
I think I am gonna concentrate on getting my eibach and the 350z duct for now

Cheers,
-PratG35

Old 08-01-2003, 01:58 AM

Hey Prat

I knwo what you mean about the DRM vs the DRS. Just went to Gran PRix Tire, a shop here in Moneterey PArk, CA (near my home). I talked to chris as int he post above. He DID NOT recommend the DRM styles!!! He said that he had heard of them falling off. Now, I really don't think that they will fall off, but I do think that they are LESS safe then the DRS spacers.

DRS' are really the way to go, even though it does require the removal of the discs. But i am hesitant, for the reasons I explained above (that no less than 25 mm is possible on this car, i.e to be custo made). But if H&R makes the 15mm ones for the 240SX, they should fit our car, right???

Buy the way, Prat, speaking of Eibachs. Just go them installed. And spacing out the wheels is just begging to be done!!! The drop is perfect and I got everything done for $304, parts, labor and tax included (out the door).

I will post pics as soons as I get my camera back.

Gurgen

2003 G35 Silver/Sport/Winter/Aero-bumber only/stillen intake/clear markers

Old 08-02-2003, 01:25 AM

Gurgen,

Yep, getting my Eibach installed next week. Parts are coming in. I will be paying $505 out the door including alignment but yours seems very cheap for $304 parts and labor. BTW, I think this is what we need for the 15mm DRS.

240SX (S14), 300ZX, Maxima (note 15) 5/114.3 66.2 Stud 12x1.25 DRS 15mm 3065662 $119.99/pair

Though $199 per pair is quite expensive for me. Figure you need two pairs that's $400, then long bolts for $100 (assuming for all 4 wheels from your other post). Then installation cost.. Probably $600 when it's said and done.. Does that sounds about right?

Later,
-Prat

Old 08-02-2003, 04:12 AM

prat,

you are definitely getting ripped off. my cost did not include alignment, but i get that done for 40 bucks.

are you in la, i can recommend the same shop. It is vision auto sports in the City of Industry. the springs (the Eibach pro kit, not the sport kit) was $190 (which is what it can be had for online all over the place) an labor was 100 (it took approximately 1 hour). You are definitely getting overcharged.

Plus, you shouldn't be getting alignment right away. The springs settle downward a little more within the first 10-14 days. Wait and get the alignment then (the tires won't be damaged that quickly).

As far as the spacers, yes, we need the DRS 15mm plus the Nismo long lugs bolts (about 85 bucks as you could tell from my other posting). + labor of course to put those lugs in. Not sure, I may just go for the 5mm DRS spacers so that I can keep the same lug bolts.

May not be as much spacing as needed. But I did some careful measurements on my dropped G. 9.8-10.0mm spacers are absolutely safe and in this size, the tires will never touch the inside lip of the REAR fender. THe front fender (as you may knwo) has got its lips bent in and up, so there is a lot more in the front. Now, if you bend the rear lips in just like it is done in the front, the 15mm spacer will be a perfect (and the widest possible) fit.

Which spacer are you going with?

Gurgen

2003 G35 Silver/Sport/Winter/Aero/Stillen Intake/Eiback Sport kit/Clear markers

Old 08-04-2003, 12:24 AM

Gurgen,
I am in SF Bay Area, Fremont. From other thread, it looks like that's a reasonable price for the works. Also my budget is about $500 so that's ok for me since the shop seems to be a good one and will follow up on alignment and things later at no charge.

Personally, I wouldn't go with 5mm spacer as I don't think you will be able to see any improvement on the looks. So if I decide to go it will be a 15mm spacer look. Either way, anything bigger than 5mm will need new longer bolts to keep it safe. I am going to sit this one out a bit and possibly use the money saved from spacer and put it on the dual cat back dual tip muffler system from Stillen or Borla..[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Performance versus style with limited budget...

Cheers,
-PratG35

Old 08-04-2003, 01:53 PM

hey prat

I am with you on that., You are gonna love the eibach springs. Especially after they settle a bit. They have been on the car for a week now, i am gonna wait another week and then get the alignment done. I think I will do some testing witht respect to the looks using generic pepboys 1/4" spacers. If I like it, I will go with the 5 mm spacers. I just can't imagine what the 15mm spacers will look like. I would go wth those if they really looked good (even if it involves more labor putting in the lug bolts).

About the dual catack, which is good, Stillen or Borla. I would really like oyurt honest opinion on that. My main criteria is to still have it sound 'reserved' and not totally loud.

Gurgen

2003 G35 Silver/Sport/Winter/Aero/Stillen Intake/Eiback Sport kit/Clear markers

Old 08-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prat, take that **** and sand it down until the batter door fits. Once it's sanded to fit, sand the rest of the entire ****. Go get some krylon primer spray paint at the hardware store and prime it (make sure you tape off anything you dont want paint on). Let it dry for 6 hours. Once it's dry go to a hardware store and get some model spray paint (a small can for about 5 bucks). I recommed Model Masters and you can get about any color. Get a glossy finish color of your choice, spray the ****, let it dry all night. Re-install it and now you have a **** that fits with a nice cool color. I would spray a clear coat of gloss krylon from the hardware store after that so the paint seals (leave the **** in the sun when you spray the clear on so it cures). Your other option is to find out what material your **** is, find out its melting temperature and put it in the oven 50 degrees lower than that to cure the clear coat (will work but definatly not recommended if you don't know what you're doing you can light your house on fire).

Thanks - Joey Avino
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by malx on 08/04/03 11:04 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-06-2003, 01:28 AM

malx,
Sorry but you lost me.. What **** are you talking about?

Gurgen,
I am waiting to hear from Stillen regarding the dual tip exhaust. I too do not like loud sound unless over 3000 rpm. Thus Greddy Evo for Sedan is not of interest to me. Plus I don't like a single big exhaust tip look.. If you have not seen this already, check out the prototype pict here

-PratG35
Thx.

Old 08-12-2003, 01:36 PM

please remember that if the 10mm spacer you use is not hub centric then do not use it as a result when you go over a determined speed say 50mph your wheel will shake like an earthquake... also the tire size and rim size will remain the same so you will have rims that are wider apart from each other but they will still lokk skinny ....

Old 08-04-2004, 05:51 AM

Performance Nissan also has the H&R wheel spacers and they already include the longer nuts. and they're also all hubcentric:

http://www.performancenissanparts.co...roducts_id=385

matt

<font color=red>2003.5 G35 Sedan</font color=red>
<font color=blue>350Z Duct // K&N Panel Filter // 350Z 04 Suspension</font color=blue>
*Kinetix Y-Pipe Coming Soon!*<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by matters on 08/04/04 02:54 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-04-2004, 03:22 PM

What about those who have wheel locks? I guess those are useless then huh?

It's still a G thang!!

Old 04-08-2011, 05:46 PM
$250 for front and rear wheels spacers is high.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:24 PM
^^ I wouldn't cheap out on spacers... If something happens this is your life we're talking about here.

Check these ones...
http://www.more-japan.com/fic-wheel-spacers/

High quality spacers

Old 04-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
back from the dead