Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

People who rave about blizzak's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People who rave about blizzak's

I've heard a lot of reviews that the blizzak's are ONLY good for snow, and if you drive them in dry conditions, they wear faster.

I've heard that the Dunlop Winter Tires are a much better buy because not only are they rated at a higher speed, but they last much longer as well.

But i did hear that the blizzak's are AWESOME in the snow though and a bit better than the dunlop's

Old 12-09-2005, 07:56 PM
I have the Dunlop Winter sport M3's. I got to try them out extensively in the snow today. They work great. The car felt really controllable. They are no where near as grippy as the stock 19" rubber on dry pavement, but the really shine in the wet and snow.

As far as wear goes I have only had them for few weeks. I'm only going to use them from December to February so I don't expect them to wear too much. I wouldn't advise running them all year long just use them for what they are.

Old 12-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Atooraya
I've heard a lot of reviews that the blizzak's are ONLY good for snow, and if you drive them in dry conditions, they wear faster.

I've heard that the Dunlop Winter Tires are a much better buy because not only are they rated at a higher speed, but they last much longer as well.

But i did hear that the blizzak's are AWESOME in the snow though and a bit better than the dunlop's
The Blizzak WS-50 was designed for a snow all the time environment and comes darn close to equaling the traction of a studded tire.

The Blizzak LM-22 is a performance winter tire for places where it snows sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

So far my LM-22's are "awesum" in the snow and handle well on dry pavement also. I just made a 300 mile trip with them and had no problems with excessive speeds.

I'm sure the Dunlop is a good tire also but I doubt that it lasts longer.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Dunlop M3s is supposed to be better than the Blizzaks on the normal cold/dry days.

Old 12-10-2005, 12:40 PM
here you go .. this should help settle this debate.
as per tire racks survey results.
Dunlop M3s are 1st and LM-22's are 3rd.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...sp?type=W&VT=C

Old 12-10-2005, 04:54 PM
hmm..I have pirelli snowsport 210 tires and no one seem to have one. So far I have no problem and hopefully there won't be any.

Old 12-10-2005, 07:35 PM
https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires/77509-wow-dunlop-winter-sport-m3-review.html

7-8" of snow and you are good. I've had no problems at 100-110 mph in these. I don't go faster than that . The dunlops seem like they will last a while, they are ranked #1 on tirerack.

Old 12-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Atooraya

I have the ws50 blizzacks and have driven on dry roads with them a lot, more so than not going on 3rd winter now. I have put about 10k miles on them allready and they havent wore down more than 50% yet. At first I figured they would be done by now, but seems like I will get 4 winters out of a set. I only wish they handled better on dry road but the snow/ice traction is unbelivable! I might get the dunlop M3s next if I still have this car and need new winter rubber.

Old 12-14-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by 6MTzer
The Blizzak WS-50 was designed for a snow all the time environment and comes darn close to equaling the traction of a studded tire.

The Blizzak LM-22 is a performance winter tire for places where it snows sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

So far my LM-22's are "awesum" in the snow and handle well on dry pavement also. I just made a 300 mile trip with them and had no problems with excessive speeds.

I'm sure the Dunlop is a good tire also but I doubt that it lasts longer.
I agree. I also have the LM-22's. We get a fair bit of snow where I live, and I have been very impressed. Also excellent on dry days. Very little road noise, as well.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by neal540
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77509

7-8" of snow and you are good. I've had no problems at 100-110 mph in these. I don't go faster than that . The dunlops seem like they will last a while, they are ranked #1 on tirerack.

Holy $H!T. I assume you mean 110mph on dry pavement, not snow.