Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

G35 OEM 19's with Project kics spacer installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just simply measured with a ruler ...i think im going with 10mm front and 15mm rear...but im trying to decide between H&R and Project Kics...coz seems H&R is once piece which has less chance of virbrate or some error...whatever u call that...but project kics is easier to install...i track and auto x my car so any kind of run or virbration is not good...

Old 04-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
questions

There's no way it would go this low without a camber kit. I went first-class on these with 350EVO A Arms (definately the hardest decision at $800+) and SPC rear camber with toe bolts. The shop said the A Arms were about the trickest they ever saw (and easy to adjust)!

The spacers were straight forward. I bought the rings to ensure no vibration. The torque was high, like 110 or something (I locktighted them too).

The rear doesn't rub at all, I bet there's a quarter inch to spare on stock tires (20mm spacers). It's the front that rubs and I think it's because its so low and spaced out (15mm). If I had a finger's worth of space like the rear I think it would tuck in as it goes up and wouldn't rub when the tire is turned a lot. Or maybe go with a 10mm or 5mm spacer. It hasn't rubbed going down the road (straight and going around corners etc..)

When it's time for new tires I'm going to follow IMSOLUTION's lead and get 245/275X35s. I may put the 15mm on the rear and see what I can do in the front.

I think it sits and rides great as is. I've only had it a couple weeks and our local roads are pretty good ... but if it gets to be a pain in the *** going over speed bumps, dips, driveways.... I may switch to Eibach Pro's. Haven't heard complaint about those. Here's a couple more shots (back tire)

Attached Thumbnails G35 OEM 19's with Project kics spacer installed!-new-g35-028.jpg   G35 OEM 19's with Project kics spacer installed!-new-g35-026.jpg  

Last edited by mondo; 04-18-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by mondo
There's no way it would go this low without a camber kit. I went first-class on these with 350EVO A Arms (definately the hardest decision at $800+) and SPC rear camber with toe bolts. The shop said the A Arms were about the trickest they ever saw (and easy to adjust)!

The spacers were straight forward. I bought the rings to ensure no vibration. The torque was high, like 110 or something (I locktighted them too).

The rear doesn't rub at all, I bet there's a quarter inch to spare on stock tires (20mm spacers). It's the front that rubs and I think it's because its so low and spaced out (15mm). If I had a finger's worth of space like the rear I think it would tuck in as it goes up and wouldn't rub when the tire is turned a lot. Or maybe go with a 10mm or 5mm spacer. It hasn't rubbed going down the road (straight and going around corners etc..)

When it's time for new tires I'm going to follow IMSOLUTION's lead and get 245/275X35s. I may put the 15mm on the rear and see what I can do in the front.

I think it sits and rides great as is. I've only had it a couple weeks and our local roads are pretty good ... but if it gets to be a pain in the *** going over speed bumps, dips, driveways.... I may switch to Eibach Pro's. Haven't heard complaint about those. Here's a couple more shots (back tire)
Hey there, I just installed the exact set-up of spacers and rings today. One issue I am running into (well not sure if it is an issue) is that the spacer is perfect but when I put on the hubcentric ring there seems to be a tiny bit of play when I hold up the rim onto the ring. Unlike the OEM mount where it basically "locks" into place. Is there an issue with the rings themselves? or is this normal? it is probably about 1 mm of play when the rim is mounted on the ring.

I am just unsure if the rings are actually doing anything now since if they are a tad too small it is just the studs that are taking the full weight of the tire. Do you see this as an issue? I just dont want the studs breaking off and my wheel to go with it while I'm doing 80 on the freeway lol

Old 04-19-2006, 07:49 PM
I put the ring in the spacer, flush with the backside (it wasn't tight but not loose either), slid the whole thing over existing studs and hand tightened, then torqued about halfway and then went around and torqued the recommended amount.
I think the spacer is slightly conical(?) and the ring is slightly squeezed between the spacer and the raised lip in the center of hub. Their definately not loose.
Heck, maybe I put them in the wrong place but it seems logical to me and I have no vibration.

Last edited by mondo; 04-20-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Hello,

I've called a few places for pricing on the Project Kics 15mm & 20mm spacers with the hubcentric rims, but I have a concern about the huubcentric rings. Can anyone who has purchased Project Kics spacers and rings tell me what material the rings are made from. I have one quote of $12 per ring but it's made of polycarbonate (not what I'm looking for).

So, can anyone with the hubcentric rings provide some info on material used for the rings and where they bought their spacers.

thanks,

Old 08-23-2006, 03:17 AM
DSI
Do you guys roll yr fenders??? Is this needed w/ 19" stock rims?

Old 08-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by viperman3
Hello,

I've called a few places for pricing on the Project Kics 15mm & 20mm spacers with the hubcentric rims, but I have a concern about the huubcentric rings. Can anyone who has purchased Project Kics spacers and rings tell me what material the rings are made from. I have one quote of $12 per ring but it's made of polycarbonate (not what I'm looking for).

So, can anyone with the hubcentric rings provide some info on material used for the rings and where they bought their spacers.

thanks,
Got mine from autornd.com. Here's a pic that was provided in this thread, they're not polycarbonate.
Name:  PojectKicsspacerrings15-20mm2.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  43.8 KB

Originally Posted by DSI
Do you guys roll yr fenders??? Is this needed w/ 19" stock rims?
No need for that with the stock 19", i have the kit installed with tein coilovers and there's room to spare with the stock rims/tires.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:01 PM
DSI
Originally Posted by Beta99
Got mine from autornd.com. Here's a pic that was provided in this thread, they're not polycarbonate.

No need for that with the stock 19", i have the kit installed with tein coilovers and there's room to spare with the stock rims/tires.
Really? My car is lowered w/ pro-kit... and the gap between the tire and the edge of the INNER-Fenders is so close to each other... I mean, if I installed the spacer, I'm just afraid the fender edge might cut the tires.... the edge is thin and sharp.... and it's flat...

Old 08-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Roll em.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
If I rolled the fenders, how wide could I go on the stock 19s in the front and back? Lowered on 350z h-techs

Old 08-26-2006, 06:55 PM
I have the OEM 19's with spacers on also.. check my thread in the picture share forum for pics.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by etang789
i just simply measured with a ruler ...i think im going with 10mm front and 15mm rear...but im trying to decide between H&R and Project Kics...coz seems H&R is once piece which has less chance of virbrate or some error...whatever u call that...but project kics is easier to install...i track and auto x my car so any kind of run or virbration is not good...
Why not go with the Eibach Pro-Spacer units? They're all-in-one hub-centric like the H&R, and bolt to the hub like the Project Kics.

Thanks to everyone for all the great info in this thread. I just picked up a 15 mm / 20 mm set of Eibach units. Anybody running these already?

Old 08-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Are spacers safe to run? What kind of problems will spacers cause? I really want to get some due to the huge difference where the fender ends and the tire begins.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:05 AM
i run 20 mm spacers on my daily driver (03 Saab 93SS). ive had them for about a year and a half, with no problems whatsoever. one note... make sure you re-torque your lugs after a few hours of driving once you first put them on. other than that you should have no problems.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:03 AM
ok...
spacers are pretty good to run...
no real issues..
also one issue as to why project kics is modular is simple..
if you ever want to swap it to a different car..
say you have a 350z and want to put it on a subaru or something you can do that and just purchase the hub centric ring without buying a spacer again...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 OEM 19's with Project kics spacer installed!