Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

G35 OEM 19's with Project kics spacer installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by accordfreak
does it have any affect on the wheel bearings? I heard it does but then I hear it doesn't..
Just like someone said ... no different stress on bearings any more than low offset rims.

However ... keep an eye out on camber and tire wear ... that's what I'd be more concerned with pushing out the tires that much. My $0.02 ...

Old 03-23-2006, 04:34 PM
pics updated

Old 03-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by CPALIU
i would think with spacers that thick, you would also need to replace the studs.

The Project Kics spacers have built in studs. That makes them much easier to install/unistall as needed because you dont have to replace the studs each time. Here is a pic of my set (exact setup as thread starter)

Name:  PojectKicsspacerrings15-20mm2.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  43.8 KB

Old 03-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Dan_K
I know that the H&R Trac+ Spacer's come with extended bolts as well.

To the thread starter:
I was also thinking of getting spacer's for my stock 18's, 25mm Rear and 15mm Front to make them more flush.
1) Do you have any rubbing issues while taking corners hard?
2) Total Cost? H&R's are ($270 on ebay) for 15mm/25mm shipped.
3) 25mm rear too much?

Thanks

Btw, I am also considering widening my stock wheels to 10" so I can fit 285's and it also won't look wierd from the rear.
I would go for the Project Kics over the H&R setup for the reasons i posted in my last post. My wife got me a set of the H&R set for Christmas and I ended up selling them so I could buy the Project Kics (way more conveniant) The prices are about the same. I think i paid around 270 shipped for mine with hubcentric rings. You are gonna save a few hours of labor since you dont have to switch out the bolts.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by pope
I would go for the Project Kics over the H&R setup for the reasons i posted in my last post. My wife got me a set of the H&R set for Christmas and I ended up selling them so I could buy the Project Kics (way more conveniant) The prices are about the same. I think i paid around 270 shipped for mine with hubcentric rings. You are gonna save a few hours of labor since you dont have to switch out the bolts.
But, don't the H&R spacers have the hub-centric ring cast in? I would think this would make the H&R's structurally stronger.

Btw, do you guys think 25mm for the rear is too much?

Old 03-23-2006, 05:07 PM
But, don't the H&R spacers have the hub-centric ring cast in? I would think this would make the H&R's structurally stronger.

Btw, do you guys think 25mm for the rear is too much?

I would also go with Kics spacer for the same reason mentioned by pope, and also for around 270 they do include the hub-centric rings (contact Dana
408-635-0000 ext. 2# danao@autornd.com). As for 25mm rear, i think 20mm is the max for me. You can consider 20mm all around instead of my 15mm front and 20mm rear.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:49 PM
where are the pictures fruit ***

Edit:

G35_Skyline , you've got a private message. Read it and heed.
Colin.

Last edited by Msedanman; 03-23-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The new pictures are at the beginning. Very good job. I can now see the before and after difference.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Erik -
Hmm...another member has 25mm H&R spacers in the rear and they look a little more flush with the fender. I believe it will not rub either. But since you have 19's there might be a higher chance for rubbing. As for the hub centric question, I think you misread it. The hub rings and spacers are seperate for project kics. But the H&R is one whole piece because it is made from a solid block of aluminum. I think 15mm is perfect for the front though, not sure about the back.

Pope-
Looking on H&R's site, it seems like the studs do come attached to the spacer.
And what setup(width) do you have?

Last edited by Dan_K; 03-23-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:07 AM
I think it looks great! Once I get some more dough I'll probably order this.

Any problems with camber?

Old 03-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Powashiftin
I think it looks great! Once I get some more dough I'll probably order this.

Any problems with camber?
I am having camber problems due to my tein basics setup, i'll be getting camber kit soon!

Old 03-24-2006, 02:54 AM
Erik -
Hmm...another member has 25mm H&R spacers in the rear and they look a little more flush with the fender. I believe it will not rub either. But since you have 19's there might be a higher chance for rubbing. As for the hub centric question, I think you misread it. The hub rings and spacers are seperate for project kics. But the H&R is one whole piece because it is made from a solid block of aluminum. I think 15mm is perfect for the front though, not sure about the back.

Pope-
Looking on H&R's site, it seems like the studs do come attached to the spacer.
And what setup(width) do you have?
The H&R site can be a little deceptive. The series of spacer you will have to order (for the Z/G) are not the kinds that have the built in studs. I also thought that they would be built in and was sorely dissapointed when they got here. The only ones that have built in are like 40mm+ and (maybe other bolt patterns also). If you order for the Z bolt pattern and under 40mm they will come with seperate wheel studs.

As far as the H&R being one peice instead of the seperate spacer and ring, I can't see any real difference. The Kics spacers fit very flush and tight together. I cant see how the one peice would be anymore structurally sound. I might be able to take some pics later this week of how they look installed so that you can see. Its kinda hard to describe over the net. I think that the fact that many D1 cars use these spacers (Project Kics) in competition drifting, speaks volumes for their quality.

I know I am rambling (tired), so I am gonna quit. I hope this helped.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:44 AM
Thanks for your input. What do you think is the best width(mm) for front and rear stock 18's to be flush?

Old 03-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks for your input. What do you think is the best width(mm) for front and rear stock 18's to be flush?
Im not sure about that, but i think your best best would be to take a ruler that has mm measurements on it, and see how much space you have now between the wheel and the fender. That way you can get it just how you want it.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work Ericson it looks fantastic. The nuts that go over your stock studs to hold the spacer on, do they sit flush with the spacer or are they recessed in a bit?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 OEM 19's with Project kics spacer installed!