Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

What can I do about this. (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
read edit

Old 04-13-2006, 06:14 AM
Well It looks like your detailer is at fault. They may have used a chemical cleaner on a hot wheel. Another reason why you should do your own cleaning. But like others have said, try some cleaner wax..go to any auto parts store they should have it. If that wont take it off, I'd confront the detailer and tell them they messed up the finish on your wheels. Demand they replace your new wheels.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:48 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
wait so you can't be 100% sure just water was used on them...this is what the detailer is telling you. Sounds like he's at fault and just making excuses.

Old 04-13-2006, 03:50 PM
I understand where you guys are coming from. But the only thing is that my detailer is my neighbor and a really good friend of mine. I specifically told him how to wash them and he kind of gave me that look like come on man. He has been in business for 6 years know and knows exactly what hes doing. Water and soap are the only things he swore he used. I beleive him because I also told him myself what he already knew. Do you guys think a professional wheel place can fix it up if there is no other way. I dont mind paying for it mainly because they are brand new.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:12 PM
If he's a detailer and your neighbor and friend...have him take a look at it. He SHOULD be able to have the ability to buff it out himself, if it is something on the surface of the paint.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by GThIrtYFiZle
I understand where you guys are coming from. But the only thing is that my detailer is my neighbor and a really good friend of mine. I specifically told him how to wash them and he kind of gave me that look like come on man. He has been in business for 6 years know and knows exactly what hes doing. Water and soap are the only things he swore he used. I beleive him because I also told him myself what he already knew. Do you guys think a professional wheel place can fix it up if there is no other way. I dont mind paying for it mainly because they are brand new.
I understand the guy is your neighbor/friend, but honestly he was responsible for wrecking your wheels and HE should be stepping up trying to fix the situation.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been following your plight . . . And as such, since you have stated that the detailer is your friend/neighbor, he should be the one trying to figure out how to repair/replace your new wheels. I would not expect any less of a professional deatailer, let alone a detailer/friend.

I understand that because of your relationship with the said, it may put you in a tight situation . . . And I respect your loyalty to a friend. However, it goes both ways. You know what I mean? Good luck.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Well, first of all I want to say thanx for all of your replies and comments. My wheels were messed up by some kind of acidic spray that my detailer was not man enough to mention. At this point there is no proof and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it but fix it up myself. I went to Detailing Dynamics this morning. They are great people. They do great work and try to help you as much as possible. The man tried to fix up the problem but there was no product that he had that even made it show inprovements. The powdercoated part is messed up and it will have to be powdercoated again. After looking at it together with the owner of detailing dynamics, he pointed out to me that the lip also had stains from whatever he used, but he polished out the lip pretty good so that I wouldnt recognize. The way we did see it though was from where the bolts are. He wasnt able to polish it all that good in that section and you could still see little spots. The guy at detailing dynaics took them out, but the powdercoated part was done. I have no idea wether to approach my detailer that did this or to just go ahead and do it myself, since I have no proof. Either way I will get the job done. The only thing I wanted to know from you guys is, my wheel is a 2 piece. The middle can come off in order to be powdercoated and then be bolted back on correct?? Thanx for your help and all the replies.
By the way, TYVM Diesel 1 for reccomending me to those guys. They are great. Anybody know about how much it can cost to re powdercoat all 4 wheels??

Old 04-14-2006, 06:38 PM
My rims are all effed up

I've only had my 2006 coupe for 3 months, 19" wheels... and all 4 rims are stained with black drips and spots that won't come out. They look really bad. I've only washed my car with soap and water, never used wheel cleaner, and never took it to a commercial car wash, but I have used armor all tire shine. Not sure why this happened, since I didn't do anything different than with all of my previous cars with similar rims, and never had a problem. Has anyone had any luck getting the rims replaced/repaired under warranty? I am planning to get my 3500 mile oil change in a couple of weeks and will hit the dealer up to do something about the wheels while I am there. Also, I've heard people say that you can get them refinished, but I'm not sure it's worth it if they will just get f#cked up again. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:03 PM
2 piece rims are welded together on the inside so you cannot seperate them. My suggestion. Since you are ready to bute to bullet on repowdercoating them, I suggest trying all you can to clean it. If you can't.....then go powdercoat or full polish.

P.S. Go to pepboys/autozone and look at every cleaning product and see what fits you best.Good luck mangs. Hate to see a fellow G in a rut.

Old 04-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Well, first of all I want to say thanx for all of your replies and comments. My wheels were messed up by some kind of acidic spray that my detailer was not man enough to mention. At this point there is no proof and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it but fix it up myself. I went to Detailing Dynamics this morning. They are great people. They do great work and try to help you as much as possible. The man tried to fix up the problem but there was no product that he had that even made it show inprovements. The powdercoated part is messed up and it will have to be powdercoated again. After looking at it together with the owner of detailing dynamics, he pointed out to me that the lip also had stains from whatever he used, but he polished out the lip pretty good so that I wouldnt recognize. The way we did see it though was from where the bolts are. He wasnt able to polish it all that good in that section and you could still see little spots. The guy at detailing dynaics took them out, but the powdercoated part was done. I have no idea wether to approach my detailer that did this or to just go ahead and do it myself, since I have no proof. Either way I will get the job done. The only thing I wanted to know from you guys is, my wheel is a 2 piece. The middle can come off in order to be powdercoated and then be bolted back on correct?? Thanx for your help and all the replies.
By the way, TYVM Diesel 1 for reccomending me to those guys. They are great. Anybody know about how much it can cost to re powdercoat all 4 wheels??
Sorry to hear that the new detailer was unable to clean your wheels. Maybe look at taking them to a reputable wheel shop. They may be able to help with the reconditioning.

As far as your friend/neighbor goes, my first reaction is to go over there and talk sh*t. But you have to remember that you do have to live next to the guy. Living next to someone that you have funk with can be very difficult. It may not be worth the trouble in the future. I will say that you should never give him a penny worth of business ever again and don't refer any business to him either.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

What do you mean you dont have any proof? was your rims look like that BEFORE he wash them? it look like that AFTER he wash them right? well than, there is your proof that he screw up

What kind of polish did Detailing Dynamics used on the lips? I am so very sorry that you have go thru these kind of crap.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man that sux that your wheels still-new wheels turned out like that