Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Is The Reason Why You Need The Jdm Ac Controller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
This Is The Reason Why You Need The Jdm Ac Controller

To all,

Historically, there have been questions why we need the JDM AC controller to do a DD conversion from our stock HU's to an aftermarket one.

"Can't I just use my stock AC controller?" or "Why do we need to order another AC controller because it is expensive?" or "How can I retain my Dual Climate control?"

**This how-to pertains to 03-04 models only, but 05-07 models need the JDM AC controller for the same reason** (05-07 models vary slightly when it comes to desoldering and resoldering the DCC button and LED light)

1. This is what the face of the 03-04 stock HU/ACC HVAC unit looks like:

2. This is the back of the HU/ACC IC board. As you can see, the AC controller is deeply integrated with the radio/CD control circuits. There was a picture posted on cardomain.com back in 2004 where the guy actually physically cut the IC board and separated the stock radio controls from the stock AC controller but had to rewire the IC board traces so that he could mount the stock AC controller but put the radio controls part of the IC board down below the ashtray. The end result looked like something out of the Terminator and the guy said it was a complete PITA project.

As you can see, you need the JDM AC controller so that you can mount your aftermarket HU in the DD space. Otherwise, the stock IC board with the radio/CD controls will block your aftermarket HU.

3. How to retain your Dual Climate Control for your AC.
Take this button of your stock AC controller

..by carefully unclipping these clips...

..remove the "dead" DCC button off your JDM ACC and snap the stock DCC button into the now empty "dead" button on your JDM ACC.

4. Next, desolder your stock ACC controller DCC little green button

5. Resolder it onto the JDM ACC in the same position on the IC board.

so it looks like this...

There you go...
I think for the 05-07 DCC retention, you also need to desolder/resolder the LED for the DCC button as well....

I know this is redundent information but these 2 topics are always asked over and over again and I though I would just condense them into one thread.

Admins, sticky this??? hint, hint....

Hope this helps those who are just starting there DD conversion!
doc

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 05-12-2014 at 10:12 AM. Reason: replaced image links, old ones expired.
The following 8 users liked this post by docron1:
CHI-TOWNG35 (06-09-2014), Evert Juarez (12-06-2020), Mrmark (04-01-2023), Shawno72 (04-12-2014), Swang&BANG350GT (09-29-2011), TunerMax (06-28-2013), Vvilla320 (08-10-2021), Wrathernaut (06-06-2011) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-29-2008, 08:06 AM
I cringe everytime I see pictures of that tape deck slot.......lmao...

why, why, why a tape deck? Oh....for the tape adapter that people still use for their IPODs killing innocent kitties right Russ???...lol

doc

Old 05-29-2008, 08:36 AM
My sig...FYI

2004 G35 Coupe DG / Toyo Proxes / Stillen CAB / GroundingGear Equipped / Z tube (w/o AC line rub ) / Crawford Plenum / HKS Hi-Power Ti / DD conversion / Panasonic 7500BT HU / MTX Thunder amps x 2 / Infinity Basslink / Infinity Perfects 6.1 & Kappas 6.5"s & 6x9"s / DigitalWheelz Xenarc 7" screen / Pyle DVD HU (upper glovebox) / PIAA Extreme Whites throughout / Hotchki Swaybars & Sport Coils / & a partridge in a pear tree.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I remember those pics

Old 05-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice writeup tho..tackling this soon! Any good place you recommend to purchase the JDM conversion? thanks!

Old 05-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by fast04G
nice writeup tho..tackling this soon! Any good place you recommend to purchase the JDM conversion? thanks!

anywhere you can find the pieces to order...most people on here have said most vendors are on backorder a month or so..... so good luck.

There was one person who had inside information about a vendor who had them in stock. and was asking for a finder's fee for the info... lmao....j/k. Man, did that guy get flamed and edited his post faster than the deer that ran across the road in front of my G this morning....

doc

Old 05-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by docron1
anywhere you can find the pieces to order...most people on here have said most vendors are on backorder a month or so..... so good luck.

There was one person who had inside information about a vendor who had them in stock. and was asking for a finder's fee for the info... lmao....j/k. Man, did that guy get flamed and edited his post faster than the deer that ran across the road in front of my G this morning....

doc
haha! i found a couple places but they state we need like 4 different parts. a bracket, climate control, bezel peice, and something else. what exactly do we need? I hear we need, and that we dont need the brackets.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^you don't need the bracket. You can use the one currently on your HU.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Boston
^you don't need the bracket. You can use the one currently on your HU.
ok so just the trim and a/c control. awesome! When i install my HU everything will work, even with the bose am right? just at a low sound level?

Old 05-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice writeup. This should be another sticky.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good write-up and pics. Stickied.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:23 PM
need help!!! i was on my way home from work when i about to open my car from my remote it wont unlock? then it wont lock... when i use the controls inside i can hear the click but the lock wont go all the way. the worst part is when i jump in the car to leave i noticed after starting the car my radio is on but the panel is off as if the lcd is off but music is running? then my ac switch is not working but ac is on and set to 75 deg. i disconnect the battery for 15min hoping reseting the ecu will work but it did not. guys anything you know about this problem? pls let me know thanks

Old 05-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Missile558
need help!!! i was on my way home from work when i about to open my car from my remote it wont unlock? then it wont lock... when i use the controls inside i can hear the click but the lock wont go all the way. the worst part is when i jump in the car to leave i noticed after starting the car my radio is on but the panel is off as if the lcd is off but music is running? then my ac switch is not working but ac is on and set to 75 deg. i disconnect the battery for 15min hoping reseting the ecu will work but it did not. guys anything you know about this problem? pls let me know thanks
First off, this is the wrong thread (JDM AC Controller Sticky). I may try to find one that is more suitable and try to move your post.

Not sure what your issue is with the door locks, but it sounds like the radio blank screen and HVAC to Auto is the same issue with the audio circuit board. Needs to be replaced.

I'll move this post to one of those threads and you may have to re-post about the lock issue.

[Edit] Whoops I can't figure out how to just move these two posts to another thread.

Please refer to https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=212414&page=1

Old 05-31-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Gordgee
First off, this is the wrong thread (JDM AC Controller Sticky). I may try to find one that is more suitable and try to move your post.

Not sure what your issue is with the door locks, but it sounds like the radio blank screen and HVAC to Auto is the same issue with the audio circuit board. Needs to be replaced.

I'll move this post to one of those threads and you may have to re-post about the lock issue.

[Edit] Whoops I can't figure out how to just move these two posts to another thread.

Please refer to https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=212414&page=1

that post fulfilled my daily laugh.....

I read that and asked myself

doc

Old 07-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
do have the link where the guy hacked up the stock board to make it like the JDM one?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This Is The Reason Why You Need The Jdm Ac Controller