Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to remove clip for harness for door molex

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 01:28 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
how to remove clip for harness for door molex

can someone tell me how to remove this harness clip. is there a trick to it? do i just pull straight out? im trying not to just break it. thanks for the help

Attached Thumbnails how to remove clip for harness for door molex-photo.jpg  
Old 11-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Most of those are two pronged clips with triangle holders. The quality after the first pop diminishes greatly. Just buy a few new ones and use a large flat blade to Pop them out. You stick the flag blade under and turn it like you are loosening a screw to get it to pop.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by .cakestar
can someone tell me how to remove this harness clip. is there a trick to it? do i just pull straight out? im trying not to just break it. thanks for the help
Have you watched my video that describes how to do it? You have to press in the lock tabs from the door jamb side and push it into the kick panel.

You are probably at about the 1:39 mark, but starting from the beginning is recommended.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:43 PM
awesome thanks for all the help guys. yah i had watched ur vid wrathernaut but i forgot lol. i should have been following step by step as i did it. you made it look so damn easy in ur vid lol

Old 11-02-2014, 09:50 PM
wrathernaught, in your video you show that you bore out holes in the molex connector from the door and you feed your wires through, do you need to bore out holes on the other connector side as well? im assuming so right?

lol side note, omg it looks like you have so much room to do that on ur sedan, the coupe feels so damn tight, pulling out the harness is like impossible without two people, and pulling it down from the clutch assembly is a total nightmare, idk how im going to get it back in the right place.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:12 PM
i dont want to play this game anymore. its too hard

Attached Thumbnails how to remove clip for harness for door molex-photo.jpg  
Old 11-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

wrathernaught, in your video you show that you bore out holes in the molex connector from the door and you feed your wires through, do you need to bore out holes on the other connector side as well? im assuming so right?

lol side note, omg it looks like you have so much room to do that on ur sedan, the coupe feels so damn tight, pulling out the harness is like impossible without two people, and pulling it down from the clutch assembly is a total nightmare, idk how im going to get it back in the right place.
Yes, you need to bore out both sides.

Definitely not a lot of room in there, that's why I had to resort to hand-held use of the camera for a good portion of the video, and if I could handle it with one hand, you can do it.

Definitely not a fun thing to do - I still recommend only doing this if you can't put crossovers in the door and use stock wiring.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:19 PM
lol already come this far, cant stop now. i had crossovers but i want to run an active setup. since these focal ps 165s are bi ampable i thought... why not lol.. never done anything like this and im having a good time learning

had to run extra wires for the power folding mirrors anyway and its been put off for so long.

god the guys i paid to do my install... ran a 10 gauge wire for power for my xd600/6 and ms8. so i took the initiative and am redoing everything. running new power, new ground, using distribution blocks.. been pretty fun understanding everything. the one question i have is, if i take out my spare to build an amp rack, how do i secure the amp. do i have to use self tapping metal screws and just go into it? rivets? no idea how to install rivets though

Last edited by .cakestar; 11-02-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

lol already come this far, cant stop now. i had crossovers but i want to run an active setup. since these focal ps 165s are bi ampable i thought... why not lol.. never done anything like this and im having a good time learning

had to run extra wires for the power folding mirrors anyway and its been put off for so long.

god the guys i paid to do my install... ran a 10 gauge wire for power for my xd600/6 and ms8. so i took the initiative and am redoing everything. running new power, new ground, using distribution blocks.. been pretty fun understanding everything. the one question i have is, if i take out my spare to build an amp rack, how do i secure the amp. do i have to use self tapping metal screws and just go into it? rivets? no idea how to install rivets though
10 gauge? WTF! That's dangerous if it's more than 100w for a few feet.

Are you doing a second amp? Because there's a fair amount of room to the side of the spare tire where the bracket for the coupe's factory amp, bluetooth and satellite radio module get mounted from the factory. You could mount a block of MDF to the factory accessories bracket there if you need it more secure than you can get with self-tapping screws directly into the bracket. When doing the coupe install for a member here I was definitely jealous of the space there that the sedans don't have.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:54 PM
So after finally getting the wires through the molex connectors (had to get a friend and take off the door) i buttoned everything back up and wanted to test to make sure everything was working, had sound coming out of the speakers, puddle light was working, but the door lock switch and window switch are not responding. took off the door again, pulled apart the molex, checked the pins, they were all straight coming out, back of the molex connector looks all right, all the wires seem to be in the corresponding places.

can someone tell me which wires control the door lock and window switch and led? are they the thin pins on top or the thicker ones on the bottom?

Attached Thumbnails how to remove clip for harness for door molex-photo-1.jpg   how to remove clip for harness for door molex-photo-2.jpg   how to remove clip for harness for door molex-photo-3.jpg   how to remove clip for harness for door molex-photo-2-.jpg  

Last edited by .cakestar; 11-04-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
10 gauge? WTF! That's dangerous if it's more than 100w for a few feet.

Are you doing a second amp? Because there's a fair amount of room to the side of the spare tire where the bracket for the coupe's factory amp, bluetooth and satellite radio module get mounted from the factory. You could mount a block of MDF to the factory accessories bracket there if you need it more secure than you can get with self-tapping screws directly into the bracket. When doing the coupe install for a member here I was definitely jealous of the space there that the sedans don't have.
lol... i know right, im running a 2 gague now. the install guys had mounted the ms-8 ontop of the factory accessories bracket with some velcro lol... i am planning to add another hd600/4 and would like to keep it very stock looking, i dont think i have enough room to fit the ms-8, xd600/6 and the hd600/4

Old 11-04-2014, 12:19 AM
so after experimenting a little more, the key fob door lock and unlock are working, but when i close the door the window is not rolling up that little bit it usually does.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:20 AM
unless its something weird like both driver and passenger need to be connected for it to work because driver side is currently undone at the moment, just finished the passenger

Old 11-04-2014, 06:20 PM
bump for help? anyone know which wires control the switch?

Old 11-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Is it as simple as you didn't plug the window controls harness back in?

The driver's has the lockout for window controls, so yes, make sure it's plugged in if you want any of the others to work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how to remove clip for harness for door molex