Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Pulstar Plugs melted to my coil packs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
do you remember this post YESTERDAY from this thread https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-d...lugs-junk.html (just click th link):

I will take the time to link the multitudes of links with negative comments and reports of problems from your plugs if you'd like... however, it would only negatively affect you and you product and prove that not only are you out of touch (since you said in you post above (yesterday) you had "tens of thousands of pulse plugs in the market with no problems" - but also that you are trying to cover up bs.

You aren’t making yourself look good here and you are encouraging me to highlight more negative... I have no interest in that - my only interest is to call attention to the fact that you apparently aren’t aware of how many problems really do exist - or you are bs-ing this particular community into believing there are no problems.

Run your company the way you want - but what you are doing now isn’t helping you.
It is possible I am not aware of how many problems exist. I am completely aware of every plug returned with a problem (or a percieved problem). I can touch them. My concern are plugs that don't get returned, but claim to have a problem. Out of site, out of mind does not help my company provide good service to our customers. We in fact have tens of thousands of pluse plugs in the market with no problems.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dparker
Dan Parker, CEO of Enerpulse, Inc. in Albuquerque, NM. We are the manufacturer of Pulstar...made right here in the U.S. Not many of us left.
Hey Dan,
I had your plugs for about 5 months. My chevy astro computer showed only a very small increase in fuel economy but more importantly I am on my 4th coil this month. I have been driving some long distances and my tripleA is tapped and tonight I was stranded 100 miles from home and trying to figure this out. I want your plugs to work but now I abandoned my vehicle hoping to avoid a $400+ towing bill. Your problem is probably a lot bigger than mine and I truly hope you have a handle on it but my problem reminds me how close I am to total failure.

Long story long, years ago I worked in the testing lab for a specialty textile mill that made automotive upholstery and carpeting, upholstery, fake fur and wool, knitted fabrics and upholstery called flock. The lab I worked in covered everything but the big money maker flock. Flocking was extremely durable and when on the rare occasions I was asked to test it it nearly broke the machine (exaggeration). When the higher up realised that the flock crushed (cannot over emphasise" crush")tests when I did the test they came to visit me to discover the reason for the discrepancy.
The test to determine abrasion durability was being done incorrectly(according to my instructions and verified by my investigstions) in the flock test lab. Flocking R&D created a product that was amazing durable. This product is easily identifiable and it outlasted furniture when I spotted it roadside. Years later I saw furniture upholstered with flock but with definite signs of wear. They corrected the over-engineering problem and most likely cut costs. I have not seen flock upholstery since. I am sure the mill I worked for is certain that the fad was just done. I say make the mistake of of testing it wrong.
If I can help you great, if you can help me even better. : )

Ed

Old 01-10-2017, 08:51 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Ed, I'm trying to wrap my head around why someone would come to a specific type of car forum in which he has no apparent connection to, search out a dead 8+ year old thread and make a post directed to an old member that hasn't logged in for over 8 years (and said post rambles at times incoherently).

I'm thinking this is a spam attempt but can you convince me it's not? Please try...........

Old 01-13-2017, 09:53 AM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Ed, I'm trying to wrap my head around why someone would come to a specific type of car forum in which he has no apparent connection to, search out a dead 8+ year old thread and make a post directed to an old member that hasn't logged in for over 8 years (and said post rambles at times incoherently).

I'm thinking this is a spam attempt but can you convince me it's not? Please try...........
Google search on pulstar plugs problems led him here?

Old 01-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream

I vote spam. Reeks of a spam or troll post. Long rambling story about abandoning a Chevy Astro van on a G35 forum?

Old 01-14-2017, 01:09 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Scottwax
Google search on pulstar plugs problems led him here?
Doesn't seem like it, he hasn't logged in since his 1 and only post.