The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Is there any place on the east coast (PA) like West Coast Customs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any place on the east coast (PA) like West Coast Customs?

I'm getting to the point in my life where I want a cool car to drive on the weekends. I couldn't decide between a new C7 vette, or something else.
I've been driving Infiniti G35x & G37x sedans for over 10 years now. So one day I just google search "modified g35 or g37" and a lot of cool custom Gs pop up.
Problem is, I don't want to do this type of work myself, nor do I have the tools, shop, experience, of doing any type of custom work.
I would say I would have about $40-50K to buy an older used G and customize it with a full body kit and repaint to get started. Maybe a custom interior or maybe a complete engine replacement/overhaul.
So just by watching TV, westcoast does body, engine, alterations, paint, etc. Are there any shops like that in the PA/NJ area that do the same? Just go in, say this is what I want and let them go to town.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Meh.
Just buy the vette

Old 06-23-2014, 02:46 PM
They all look the same just like any other off the shelf car. Nothing special about them. Something custom really just stands out, which is what I'm looking for.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
So your idea is to buy a $10k car and try to make it look/perform like a $40k car? Why not just buy a $40k car that looks and performs like a $40k car?

The following users liked this post:
Silvertortoise (05-13-2023)
Old 06-23-2014, 03:06 PM
I'd rather have something that looks like this and stands out and can take to car shows than buy something stock off the lot. That is what I have my current G37x for, a daily driver.

Attached Thumbnails Is there any place on the east coast (PA) like West Coast Customs?-aprwidebodyg351.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 03:07 PM
1. This sounds like just another pipe dream thread that will never happen. They pop up frequently.
2. If you are serious you have ALOT of research to do first. Never just hand a shop a check and tell them to pimp your ride.
3. Rather than go though all the trouble, just buy this car. Every single thing possible, highest quality parts, and it only costs 1/4th of what it would cost you to replicate.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-car...upe-500hp.html

Old 06-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
1. This sounds like just another pipe dream thread that will never happen. They pop up frequently.
2. If you are serious you have ALOT of research to do first. Never just hand a shop a check and tell them to pimp your ride.
3. Rather than go though all the trouble, just buy this car. Every single thing possible, highest quality parts, and it only costs 1/4th of what it would cost you to replicate.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-car...upe-500hp.html
Look at the last post on that thread.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Have it shipped. Only like 800-1000 to have it shipped to you. Still alot cheaper than the extra 40-50k it would cost you to try to replicate his car.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:23 PM
Red isn't my color. I'm not trying to duplicate that car by a long shot. I would probably keep the stock engine or only do something a little more like an intake kit. Don't need all chrome engine, etc. Suttle changes on the interior maybe like different seats or something.
I would never buy anything sight unseen. Been there, done that, not a good experience.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Here, you can buy whosur's old car
Name:  images.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  9.9 KB

Old 06-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by jackal2001
Red isn't my color. I'm not trying to duplicate that car by a long shot. I would probably keep the stock engine or only do something a little more like an intake kit. Don't need all chrome engine, etc. Suttle changes on the interior maybe like different seats or something.
I would never buy anything sight unseen. Been there, done that, not a good experience.
Well first post you said you wanted all of that and now you dont?
Originally Posted by jackal2001
used G and customize it with a full body kit and repaint to get started. Maybe a custom interior or maybe a complete engine replacement/overhaul.
You post a picture of a red apr widebody G and say you want something that looks like that. But you dont want a red widebody G?

Still. It would be cheaper for you to fly out to Cali, see his car, have it fully repainted to whatever color, and have it shipped back to PA, then it would be to try to build anything close to it.

Really it sounds like you have no clue what you want.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Well first post you said you wanted all of that and now you dont?

You post a picture of a red apr widebody G and say you want something that looks like that. But you dont want a red widebody G?

Still. It would be cheaper for you to fly out to Cali, see his car, have it fully repainted to whatever color, and have it shipped back to PA, then it would be to try to build anything close to it.

Really it sounds like you have no clue what you want.
Dude you can't read. I said customize it with a full body kit and repaint to get started. Maybe a custom interior or maybe a complete engine replacement/overhaul. See the word maybe?
That pic I pulled off the internet is just to show the full body kit, not the color.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Maybe = you have no idea what you want. Figure out what you are looking for, then your quesitons can be answered.

Basically to answer your orginal question. No there is no shop to pimp your ride in Pennsylvania. This is the closest you will find.
http://www.shadylanewagons.com/carriages.html

Old 06-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
WhosUrBuddiee is right man. when i was reading your post the car that came to mind was that red g35.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess ill try to add some type of something to this.
What you can try to do is contact one of the companies that make the body kits ( mind u not major brands) They usually have a mock G35 that they mold on and can work with u to make a custom body kit and ship it to you or u can ship ur G there. If they ship it to you u just need to find a good body shop. they will install and paint the body kit. This wont be cheap as you want a fully custom body kit + paint etc will probably run u close to 20k maybe a bit more.
U can always contact the maker of that vaydor body mod http://www.vaydor.com/ I personally like my "stock" G35 but to each his own. maybe he can price u something.

Next is either the interior or engine/suspension etc. U can shop around for this no problem most shops can do it. if u wanted a Vette u can even get a LS engine swap but i dont know how legal that is in PA. u might want to go with a built VQ which will produce less power and cost a nice bit of money. but from what u said prior it appears u just want looks more than power
So interior im sure there is a shop or 2 around NJ and NY that can do it maybe one in philly. Get u wrapped dash etc along with some leather seats. or u can just go for some nice recaro seats.

All of this is alot more work than its worth, and that u are most likely willing to actually undertake ( we have all seen this type of post plenty of times and 9/10 times if not more it was just a pipe dream that never came to be and was never properly researched)
SO like people said better off to just buy the Vette or something with work already done with it and just get a nice paint job on it and be happy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is there any place on the east coast (PA) like West Coast Customs?