G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Happy To Be Apart Of Family and Auto Tran G35 In Snow Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy To Be Apart Of Family and Auto Tran G35 In Snow Question

First and foremost I want to say I am happy to finally join g35 family ( I been lurking on this site for a year or so now) I love the style of these cars. I recently just bought a 04 g35 coupe with 30k from uncle who has multiple cars for a pretty good deal. I live out in Boston and we get our fair share of snow. Now even though this is a very over discussed topic what I noticed is that a lot of people who are driving the car has the 6speed MT with blizzaks no one ever seems to mention driving in the snow with the auto tranny, so it's getting me worried a little bit because this car is going to be my daily driver (my 99 altima crapped the bed). So my question is how does the auto tranny 04 g35 coupe fair in the snow with the blizzaks. My job is maybe 10 miles out so I won't be traveling far.

Please excuse my noobiness

Thanks in advance guys

Old 09-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by TeddBoyd35
First and foremost I want to say I am happy to finally join g35 family ( I been lurking on this site for a year or so now) I love the style of these cars. I recently just bought a 04 g35 coupe with 30k from uncle who has multiple cars for a pretty good deal. I live out in Boston and we get our fair share of snow. Now even though this is a very over discussed topic what I noticed is that a lot of people who are driving the car has the 6speed MT with blizzaks no one ever seems to mention driving in the snow with the auto tranny, so it's getting me worried a little bit because this car is going to be my daily driver (my 99 altima crapped the bed). So my question is how does the auto tranny 04 g35 coupe fair in the snow with the blizzaks. My job is maybe 10 miles out so I won't be traveling far.

Thanks in advance guys
Don't drive like a dummy and you'll be fine. The whole auto thing shouldn't make a difference. You have a tiptronic available too anyways.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TeddBoyd35

Thanks in advance guys
made it thru Chicago winter with all seasons and a 5AT. with winter tires u will be good, plus u can use the tiptronic to shift as well...

Old 09-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
i live in the Boston area and never used tiptronic in the snow..
you'll be fine with winter tires.. just drive slower in snow/ice..