Nissan Dealership did my G35 dirty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 11:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan Dealership did my G35 dirty

Ladies & Gentlemen,
It's been a while. Hope all is well.
I have to ask you this question. .if you brought your G35 to a certified Nissan dealership for the $120 diagnosis, would you expect to receive your car back in worse condition?
This is what happened to me..everything from missing engine & battery covers, radiator cap wasn't tightened, battery terminal was loose.. & when I went to pay at the register (the service department closed at 5pm, I was there at 5:10pm but paid over the phone), I received keys without the FOB remote to a car that wasn't even outside! The AAA guy & I waited 30 minutes for the car.
All complaints were brought to the attention of the register & manager on site that same day. Contacted corporate, they created a case for me and everything. ..however, since the location is independently owned, they will not force the issue.
Done.
What would you do to them in this situation? I haven't driven the G since..haven't moved it. They told me I could pick up my engine & battery cover anytime. That is my offered compensation at the moment.
Opinions? Thanks for looking.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by B_in_the_G
What would you do to them in this situation? I haven't driven the G since..haven't moved it. They told me I could pick up my engine & battery cover anytime. That is my offered compensation at the moment.
Opinions? Thanks for looking.
I only bring my G37S to the Infiniti dealer where I purchased it. I've been a customer since I purchased my first Infiniti a 06 G35 in December 2005.
I've always received excellent service and a free loaner when necessary.
For only a few dollars more you could have had a fully trained Infiniti technican do the work on your vehicle.

You get what you pay for.

Telcoman

Old 05-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by telcoman

He's right, you get what you paid for, or at least you should. Which would include putting your car back together and not wasting your time and gas forcing you to pick up what they didnt.

Here are some options.

1 Dispute charge on your credit card, they never completed the service and you must spend more time and money just to get your parts back.

2. Review their dealership on 4-5 popular review sites with your experience.

3. Wear some greazy pants and test drive a light interior vehicle on their lot.

--

I had a local meineke do my tires and alignment, they call me to come down and get it and just as im about to pay i ask you guys did alignment? Yes. can i have the alignment print out? "uhhhhhhh" Next thing i know they pull the car back in and im waiting 45 min for them to actually do it. called their corp and got a refund.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:27 PM
I only bring my G37S to the Infiniti dealer where I purchased it. I've been a customer since I purchased my first Infiniti a 06 G35 in December 2005.
I've always received excellent service and a free loaner when necessary.
For only a few dollars more you could have had a fully trained Infiniti technican do the work on your vehicle.

Telcoman
I don't understand your logic.
Nissan Dealership=Certified Technician ("fully trained")
Infiniti Dealership=Certified Technician ("fully trained")
Infiniti=Nissan, or are we not in agreement?
I hope you understand I didn't bring my car to Midas or any corner shop.
Question: Getting what I pay for from a Certified Nissan dealer entails they are not competent enough or entitled to return my vehicle in at least the same shape as when I dropped it off? Help me understand your comment & how it is helpful- as the diagnosis fee at Infiniti is $120 just as it is at Nissan.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by JRP35G
He's right, you get what you paid for, or at least you should. Which would include putting your car back together and not wasting your time and gas forcing you to pick up what they didnt.

Here are some options.

1 Dispute charge on your credit card, they never completed the service and you must spend more time and money just to get your parts back.

2. Review their dealership on 4-5 popular review sites with your experience.

3. Wear some greazy pants and test drive a light interior vehicle on their lot.

--

I had a local meineke do my tires and alignment, they call me to come down and get it and just as im about to pay i ask you guys did alignment? Yes. can i have the alignment print out? "uhhhhhhh" Next thing i know they pull the car back in and im waiting 45 min for them to actually do it. called their corp and got a refund.
Thank you for the input! I like that greasy pants idea hahaha that's twisted! I considered looking into any legal solutions, but to be honest, I'd just like them to take the car back & put together everything as it was. Simply because I don't know what else they've touched! The antifreeze literally leaked all over this guys flat bed tow truck. He said he'd never experienced such unprofessional service from a big time dealership before.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:40 PM
These guys are being real hard heads. I'd like them to right their wrong without including some kind of legal action..not even sure if I have a legal option.
I will definitely leave the reviews on reputable sites.
It's their Corona Nissan location here in Southern California. Obviously, I would not recommend.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
I don't understand your logic.
Nissan Dealership=Certified Technician ("fully trained")
Did you ever speak to the service manager and inquire who the technician was and what training classes they have completed?

A trained Nissan technician may still not be fully qualified or have enough experience to work on an Infiniti.
Sounds like the person that worked on your vehicle may have been a possible new hire or someone that didn't give a crap about your vehicle.

Next time you have a serious problem go to an Infiniti dealer and request a qualified technician to work on your vehicle.

Telcoman

Old 05-02-2016, 09:27 PM
These guys are being real hard heads. I'd like them to right their wrong without including some kind of legal action..not even sure if I have a legal option.
I will definitely leave the reviews on reputable sites.
It's their Corona Nissan location here in Southern California. Obviously, I would not recommend.
Unless there's major damage, there's no need for legal action. Do you want more than your money back? That can be had by filing the CC dispute.

They didn't even remember to put the stuff back under your hood, what else are they going to remember when you waste time bringing it back to them?

Old 05-03-2016, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

There are automobile dealers that would rather not deal with certain types of customers and hope they never return.
The OP may be one of them?

Telcoman

Old 05-03-2016, 01:29 PM
There are automobile dealers that would rather not deal with certain types of customers and hope they never return.
The OP may be one of them?

Telcoman
Excuse me, Telcoman??
You're obviously not a business owner. You've submitted no relevant information to this post from the jump. You sound like a bitter old man and I feel very sorry for you. I've been in this forum for years & I've never had to deal with such incompetence. I surely would've give you my business hahaha. I never even talked to the dealership, the car was dropped off by AAA & picked up the same. I only spoke to the person at the register to pay. You suck.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Now stop wasting your time submitting bitter sweet nothings to my post. Your opinion isn't welcome nor is it constructive. Good day & please, if you have nothing nice to say in the future just stfu. No one needs empty assumptions in their lives.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by JRP35G
Unless there's major damage, there's no need for legal action. Do you want more than your money back? That can be had by filing the CC dispute.

They didn't even remember to put the stuff back under your hood, what else are they going to remember when you waste time bringing it back to them?
Great point. I'll continue to communicate with corporate & the new management at this location, however- your point about if they can't even put engine/battery covers back before releasing the vehicle to a customer, maybe they shouldn't have a chance at correcting their wrongs. Thanks for the substance.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:47 PM
BTW, more than 3 months have passed since this incident. Communication has been made solely through email & phone calls. I travel a lot for work and this isn't my primary vehicle, so I'm sure my diagnosis money is long gone.
Thanks for the different perspective, JRP35G. That's all I needed from fellow Infiniti/Nissan owners who deal with the dealerships' shenanigans.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:09 PM
BTW, more than 3 months have passed since this incident. Communication has been made solely through email & phone calls. I travel a lot for work and this isn't my primary vehicle, so I'm sure my diagnosis money is long gone.
Thanks for the different perspective, JRP35G. That's all I needed from fellow Infiniti/Nissan owners who deal with the dealerships' shenanigans.
You may still be able to dispute the amount, instead of dealing with management at places like this at the first sign of BS i just go over their head. Just calling up your credit card company results in a charge back immediately and you have your money back.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Call your credit card company and refuse to pay this charge until the stealership gives you some type of compensation for all the head aches. Then talk to the owner, no one else and explain all the b.s. they put your thru. Don't be nasty or angry but explain the situation in a straight, calm manner so there's no doubt you were very disappointed in their service!
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan Dealership did my G35 dirty