G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car Hesitation help/advice needed pls - 2007 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Hesitation help/advice needed pls - 2007 G35

Hey guys. This might be long but I need help. Here's my story.

I have a 2007 G35 Sedan with a lot of miles. 160k miles. I have not had any issues with the car and absolutely 0 check engines/ codes. For some time now my car been hesitating at take off and during bumper to bumper traffic. It feels like the RPMs would drop and then go up. One day my RPMs dropped enough that my car turned off in traffic.

I took it to a mechanic the next day and he saw a Bulletin for 2007-08 G35 sedan needing a ECM/ECU reprogram ( ITB11-018) . He suggested I go to the dealer and get that along with a relearn.

I go to the dealer and they won't do it. According to them and their computer (I still have no check engine or errors), my exhaust timing sprocket and VTC cover failed which caused a misfire and why I'm feeling hesitation. They said the reprogram will do absolutely nothing.

I end up getting 2,3,4 other opinions from mechanics and none agree with the sprocket issue that the dealer mentioned. According to the other mechanics and when they hook it up to their computer, They see no errors showing up or any misfires. They all mentioned if my sprocket was bad and causing misfire i would be throwing codes left and right. They also recommend I get the ECM/ECU reprogram. I tried going back to the dealer but they still wouldn't do it.

Have any of you guys had this problem? Any suggestions?

btw on the description of service, the only code they have next to the suggested repair is J0001.

Old 06-18-2016, 03:52 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohn
Hey guys. This might be long but I need help. Here's my story.

I have a 2007 G35 Sedan with a lot of miles. 160k miles. I have not had any issues with the car and absolutely 0 check engines/ codes. For some time now my car been hesitating at take off and during bumper to bumper traffic. It feels like the RPMs would drop and then go up. One day my RPMs dropped enough that my car turned off in traffic.

I took it to a mechanic the next day and he saw a Bulletin for 2007-08 G35 sedan needing a ECM/ECU reprogram ( ITB11-018) . He suggested I go to the dealer and get that along with a relearn.

I go to the dealer and they won't do it. According to them and their computer (I still have no check engine or errors), my exhaust timing sprocket and VTC cover failed which caused a misfire and why I'm feeling hesitation. They said the reprogram will do absolutely nothing.

I end up getting 2,3,4 other opinions from mechanics and none agree with the sprocket issue that the dealer mentioned. According to the other mechanics and when they hook it up to their computer, They see no errors showing up or any misfires. They all mentioned if my sprocket was bad and causing misfire i would be throwing codes left and right. They also recommend I get the ECM/ECU reprogram. I tried going back to the dealer but they still wouldn't do it.

Have any of you guys had this problem? Any suggestions?

btw on the description of service, the only code they have next to the suggested repair is J0001.
If you are convinced that a reflash will fix it, and you are willing to pay for it even if it does nothing (like they are claiming), and you tell them all that upfront, then the dealer should accommodate you regardless. If not, ask to speak with the service manager directly and tell him you'll make him a deal. If they go ahead and do the reflash (just to help you sleep at night) and it doesn't fix it, you will happily pay them for their efforts and bother them no more, but if it does fix it, then they spit the bill with you 50/50.