The future of OGC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
The future of OGC

Good Evening everyone...

I have been doing a lot of thinking about what and where to go for next year.
Here is what I have been thinking about:

First and Foremost, Team OGC. Team OGC will be a reality, but it wont effect the OGC. The OGC will stay in tact as it is, but strict guidelines to keep it pure. Such as, G35/G37, All Nissan Z Family, All GTR family and other Infinitis.

Team OGC will be a mixture of Top Notch and Quality Nissans first, and then others as voted in by the OGC grandfathers. This will allow us to keep events numbers up and also expand the friendships we all have grown to love about the OGC. I will head up this club as well, that is, unless someone steps up either from the welcomed new members, or a member of the OGC steps up from around here.

Secondly, I would really like to get our club involved more in Charity events. Having Cancer hit my family close to home with two family members and Having seen the impact we had with the Ned Burden Benefit...I am convinced that this is how to give back where we are blessed.

One such idea that Robert and I are putting together is a Road Rally. I have already Spoke to QSL about it and they are on board and willing to host the finish line, allowing us to keep all our proceeds to give to charity. I believe doing a cancer benefit will draw in a huge crowd. I am thinking that I could keep it to cars the first year, but then open it up to motorcycles the next. I am still working on some ideas, but its going to be huge! Hosted by the Ohio G Club, QSL, Slowmotion and others as they agree to be part of it...

Lastly, teaming up with other clubs to get out to even more events. ZROC (Robert in particular), is on the board for the Arthritis Foundation Car Show and has opened their minds to hosting the Mid West G/Z meet and car show within their annual Car show. Robert and I are planning to make it not only about the show, but also a driving tour, a time attack race at a track (possible support and dyno events with slowmo as well), and some other stuff...

It is a lot of stuff to dump on you right now, but I wanted to let you know now so you can get excited about it for next year. Talk about it, discuss it here, share your ideas...after all, this club would not be anything without you.

I was saddened by the lack of Original OGC members involvement this year, but excited by all the new movement on the FB page, the new members, and the creation of the Indiana G/Z club. I know everyone is busy, but I hope that this email drives up some excitement as to the direction of the OGC!

My best to each of you and looking forward to driving next to you soon!

Old 09-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
I know we are new (Indiana G Club....kinda....still working on a name...) but i really think we could probably get some pretty serious groups together between our clubs. the distance is the only thing that makes it rough.

i'm hoping as winter rolls around we can hammer out some of our details and get some form of organization going on.

i know if the weather permits, i wanna try and figure out a relatively centralized location to all of us, and then drive over and see if there is anything interesting in that general area.

also, if you need any help with art type stuff let me know. i graduated from ball state with a BFA in graphic design, but i don't use it in a career sense, but i can usually get the juices flowing for things that are interesting to me.

i know we will probably have some questions for you and your club members as well.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like some good plans in the works, sorry to hear about your family J

Old 09-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will probably be less involved this year for military reasons, but i will try to make it to what i can. one thing i like that one of the fratenitys did here at eku in the parking lot, is i guess the time attack, idk, never done it just heard, was to kinda have the foundation of choice put it on. you can make this open to anyone who has a car or bike or wants to walk the course. the set up a medium track with cones, tight turns, weaving in and out, and its free to participate. or $5 for each run. but the fun part is for each cone you knock over, they ask you to donate a dollar or more for each cone.

we can always do poker runs. i did this with my dad once on his bike and it was fun.

what i liked, and this has nothing to do with cars, but im sure we can make it somehow, is during christmas, provide to those less fortunate. being a school teacher im sure you have or know of something like this. we can have a meet where we wrap presents and take them to a school. we had a list of a few things each kid needed and wanted. we would pick a kid and we got to give that kid a big smile.

these are a few things we did when i was in college and the fraternity, i got more but lemme know if this can get us somewhere.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Good plans Jeremy and good luck!!

I may be moving back to Ohio later this year - should find out in the next month or so - if it happens, I'm down to help out for sure!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:43 AM
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Great vision for the future of the club Jeremy... sounds like you're ready to take this **** to the NEXT level bro!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds great J. I know I havent been around as much due to work.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
I am looking forward to being a member. I hope the hazing isn't bad.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by IIIHawKIII
I know we are new (Indiana G Club....kinda....still working on a name...) but i really think we could probably get some pretty serious groups together between our clubs. the distance is the only thing that makes it rough.

i'm hoping as winter rolls around we can hammer out some of our details and get some form of organization going on.

i know if the weather permits, i wanna try and figure out a relatively centralized location to all of us, and then drive over and see if there is anything interesting in that general area.

also, if you need any help with art type stuff let me know. i graduated from ball state with a BFA in graphic design, but i don't use it in a career sense, but i can usually get the juices flowing for things that are interesting to me.

i know we will probably have some questions for you and your club members as well.
Awesome! I am an Art Teacher so you and I could be dangerous! hahahaha

Sounds like a good Idea! Common ground wont be hard to find, our OGC members have proven they dont mind driving our Gs!

Originally Posted by carsontl
Sounds like some good plans in the works, sorry to hear about your family J
Thanks Tom!

Originally Posted by adam_weber3
I will probably be less involved this year for military reasons, but i will try to make it to what i can. one thing i like that one of the fratenitys did here at eku in the parking lot, is i guess the time attack, idk, never done it just heard, was to kinda have the foundation of choice put it on. you can make this open to anyone who has a car or bike or wants to walk the course. the set up a medium track with cones, tight turns, weaving in and out, and its free to participate. or $5 for each run. but the fun part is for each cone you knock over, they ask you to donate a dollar or more for each cone.

we can always do poker runs. i did this with my dad once on his bike and it was fun.

what i liked, and this has nothing to do with cars, but im sure we can make it somehow, is during christmas, provide to those less fortunate. being a school teacher im sure you have or know of something like this. we can have a meet where we wrap presents and take them to a school. we had a list of a few things each kid needed and wanted. we would pick a kid and we got to give that kid a big smile.

these are a few things we did when i was in college and the fraternity, i got more but lemme know if this can get us somewhere.
Already have QSL on board for hosting a time attack in their parking lot and I have been on Poker runs quite often for Epilepsy and Cancer with my brothers.

I understand with the military thing, no worries bro!

Originally Posted by GeezNuts
Good plans Jeremy and good luck!!

I may be moving back to Ohio later this year - should find out in the next month or so - if it happens, I'm down to help out for sure!
Awesome! and thank you for the support! Maybe I will get to see that awesome beast of a G in Person!!!

Originally Posted by RicoG35x
Great vision for the future of the club Jeremy... sounds like you're ready to take this **** to the NEXT level bro!!!
hahahah, Yes Sir!!!

Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
Sounds great J. I know I havent been around as much due to work.
Its all good bro!
Originally Posted by jarvo
I am looking forward to being a member. I hope the hazing isn't bad.
Ask Tom! hahahaa

Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
we gets to haze someone new?! YES!!!!

And I am in for more charity work. My best friend has brain cancer, so I completely feel you on that Jeremy. Keep us posted and as usual, i am sure I will make several road trips next year. So, do i get to be an OGC Godfatther?

Old 09-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cdubel01

And I am in for more charity work. My best friend has brain cancer, so I completely feel you on that Jeremy. Keep us posted and as usual, i am sure I will make several road trips next year. So, do i get to be an OGC Godfatther?

Well we need to find a good nickname for him to start off the hazing. LOL

I like the idea of doing charity stuff too. I know for myself, I have not done as much as I should have.

Chris, I nominate you to be dirty work guy with the ball bat that goes around destroying junk yellow cars

Old 09-29-2011, 10:11 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
i gets to break stuff?!?! Gimmie a bat! Gimmie gimmie gimmie!!

Old 09-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry for not making any events this year. I will do a better job next year. Just been making up for lost time with Megan. Kevin, that would be sweet to see that ride in person.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:06 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
I def love doing charity events, and being new this year, i've learned a lot about my car through you guys and the forums so thanks! I swear i read something new about modding my car everyday while i'm at work i just wish i had the money haha but i look forward to next year and the coming years!!

Old 09-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by cdubel01

Godfather yes...break stuff...I dont know...
Originally Posted by plumber78
Well we need to find a good nickname for him to start off the hazing. LOL

I like the idea of doing charity stuff too. I know for myself, I have not done as much as I should have.

Chris, I nominate you to be dirty work guy with the ball bat that goes around destroying junk yellow cars
Awesome! I am glad to see so many of you on board!

Originally Posted by bash27jp00
I'm sorry for not making any events this year. I will do a better job next year. Just been making up for lost time with Megan. Kevin, that would be sweet to see that ride in person.
I know you have had ups and downs...You be good to her and yourself and we look forward to seeing you and your sick ride soon!

Originally Posted by X-FactorWR87
I def love doing charity events, and being new this year, i've learned a lot about my car through you guys and the forums so thanks! I swear i read something new about modding my car everyday while i'm at work i just wish i had the money haha but i look forward to next year and the coming years!!
Aint that the truth!!! I do the same brother!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The future of OGC