California Speedway roll call!!! 10/27/07

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Wally and Vlad, I had a great time meeting you guys again … Wally second run was not good I got 14.1 spinning the tires off the line. My best was 13.7 for the day. The wait at California Speedway was amazing, I got my second run in at 3:00 pm arriving at the track at around 7:15 am. I decided to stick around since people were leaving hoping to get a third run and it turned out that from 4:15 pm to about 5:15 pm I got 4 runs for a total of 6 runs , that made my day.

And a fyi to those who are running FI or nitrous and being faster than 13.99 seconds, there is new NHRA rule stating that the driver not only needs a helmet but a racing jacket also. This is for cars that have those power adders which are not oem, they didn’t enforce the rules for me on my runs, but they did give me a bit of a hard time at the tech inspection.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Wally, are you planning on taking the G at the next event?

I'm not too sure. It all depends if my brother will be in town in that weekend... He'll want to borrow the M if I ask for the G lol

I'll know once we get closer to the date.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by Jeee35
Hey Wally and Vlad, I had a great time meeting you guys again … Wally second run was not good I got 14.1 spinning the tires off the line. My best was 13.7 for the day. The wait at California Speedway was amazing, I got my second run in at 3:00 pm arriving at the track at around 7:15 am. I decided to stick around since people were leaving hoping to get a third run and it turned out that from 4:15 pm to about 5:15 pm I got 4 runs for a total of 6 runs , that made my day.

And a fyi to those who are running FI or nitrous and being faster than 13.99 seconds, there is new NHRA rule stating that the driver not only needs a helmet but a racing jacket also. This is for cars that have those power adders which are not oem, they didn’t enforce the rules for me on my runs, but they did give me a bit of a hard time at the tech inspection.
congrats on that 13.7 Philip! I still want a race against you though you just gotta make sure to wake up early lol

and sucks I couldn't stay any longer.. I only had 2 hours of sleep + the one hour at the track.. that and with a busted ankle, I was drained =/ maybe next time I'll stick it to the end.

are you available on Thursday night?

Also, you want to hit up the Friday event that's for $100? I'm up for it, just need someone else to go lol let me know.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts

What mods do you have and you need a racing jacket now?

I wonder if a bike jacket would do.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by WaLLy
congrats on that 13.7 Philip! I still want a race against you though you just gotta make sure to wake up early lol

and sucks I couldn't stay any longer.. I only had 2 hours of sleep + the one hour at the track.. that and with a busted ankle, I was drained =/ maybe next time I'll stick it to the end.

are you available on Thursday night?

Also, you want to hit up the Friday event that's for $100? I'm up for it, just need someone else to go lol let me know.
Thanks Wally, right now I’m available on Thursday nights and for the $100 Friday event … when is the next one, I’m really tempted

Old 10-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
What mods do you have and you need a racing jacket now?

I wonder if a bike jacket would do.
Hi Dsskyline ... i have a Vortech supercharger and a couple bolt ons mods. And for the racing jacket, yeah thats what the tech inspector said to me, she even took out a NHRA handbook showing the new rule to me. She was also giving a ford pickup in front of me a hard time about the jacket. I was trying to ask her what kind of jacket specifically but she kept saying a racing jacket so I don't really know if a bike jacket will do.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks Wally, right now I’m available on Thursday nights and for the $100 Friday event … when is the next one, I’m really tempted
there's Nov. 9th and the 30th for the Friday event. I can only make it for the 30th though. Getting a new custom door for my home put on, on the 9th.

let me know if you're interested, cuz I still am. I bumped the thread to the top so you can check it out.

I need to buy a helmet if I go to that event though, so the sooner you tell me the sooner I'll get the helmet.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
13.7 on a Vortech G35, considering the conditions were about average for a track day, sounds very high. Did you have any issues with traction? Is it tuned? What pulley & numbers?

Old 10-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
13.7 on a Vortech G35, considering the conditions were about average for a track day, sounds very high. Did you have any issues with traction? Is it tuned? What pulley & numbers?

Sure is but i guess I'm pretty happy considering stock i was running 15.8 at LACR. I got a 3.12 pulley and the car is tuned to 385 whp with 339 torque by church's tuning. Traction is an issue but not to big ... I'm thinking the reason for the slow times is gear shifts since i'm auto and the transition is stock aside from a trans cooler. So maybe a valve body upgrade in the future

Old 10-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Dsskyline ... i have a Vortech supercharger and a couple bolt ons mods. And for the racing jacket, yeah thats what the tech inspector said to me, she even took out a NHRA handbook showing the new rule to me. She was also giving a ford pickup in front of me a hard time about the jacket. I was trying to ask her what kind of jacket specifically but she kept saying a racing jacket so I don't really know if a bike jacket will do.
coupe or sedan?

Old 10-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WaLLy
there's Nov. 9th and the 30th for the Friday event. I can only make it for the 30th though. Getting a new custom door for my home put on, on the 9th.

let me know if you're interested, cuz I still am. I bumped the thread to the top so you can check it out.

I need to buy a helmet if I go to that event though, so the sooner you tell me the sooner I'll get the helmet.
Wally, where are you getting the helmet from. I need one too. I really want to go to the Nov. 30th event but don't know if I can. Give me a couple of weeks and I will let you guys know for sure.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:18 PM
coupe or sedan?
Derek, Philip (Jee35) has a sedan.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Wally, where are you getting the helmet from. I need one too. I really want to go to the Nov. 30th event but don't know if I can. Give me a couple of weeks and I will let you guys know for sure.
I'll probably go buy one at the bike shop. I'll ask my cousins to see what's a good one.

but I'm not gonna buy the helmet anytime soon since by the looks of it nobody is gonna end up going on the 30th..

Philip was able to go on the 9th but I'm getting my custom wood door for the house installed that day sucks and I can't reschedule it either..

Old 10-30-2007, 11:10 PM
just borrow somebodys bike helmet for a day.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:31 PM
just borrow somebodys bike helmet for a day.
I got a big ol' head

I'd rather buy one instead.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: California Speedway roll call!!! 10/27/07