TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Infiniti Announces Mistake in Performance Tire & Wheel Package for '05

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Announces Mistake in Performance Tire & Wheel Package for '05

Somehow Infiniti screwed up big time. All of their promotional materials for '05 state that the Performance Tire and Wheel Package for the automatic coupes includes a Viscous Limited Slip Differential as it has in years past. But the reality is that this package does NOT contain a VLSD, and Infiniti just announced the mistake last week and dealers are just hearing about it now. For those who have an '05 auto coupe on order with this package, you may want to consider changing your order to the Sport Tuned Suspension Package which does include the VLSD. For those of you who have already taken delivery of an '05 coupe with the Performance package, you need to contact your dealership and get a refund of $250, and while you are there, tell them how unhappy you are that this kind of mistake could have occured. Apparantly the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing at Infiniti these days. The announcement to dealers is below.

Prolix

"December 15, 2004

To: All Dealer Principals, Executive Managers and Sales Managers

Subject: 2005 G35 Coupe – Performance Tire and Wheel Package

We have recently learned that the G35 Coupe automatic (Model Code 99215) configured with the Performance Tire and Wheel Package (T01) is not equipped with a Viscous Limited Slip Differential (VLSD) as outlined in our MY05 product information materials. We have notified all dealers that may have models equipped with this package in their inventory, and have advised them to not sell or deliver these units until replacement Monroney labels can be provided.

As a result of VLSD not being available in the T01 package, the price of the package has been reduced from $900 to $650, effective immediately. All dealers will be receiving updated price information over the next few days. For those units in Infiniti dealer inventory, these vehicles will be re-invoiced at the correct MSRP. This process will begin shortly, and should be concluded by early next week. All previously shipped vehicles that are in your current inventory will be re-invoiced to reflect the new pricing."

Old 12-23-2004, 12:31 AM
I just hope my 05 coupe 6MT comes with a VLSD. I'd be pretty disappointed if it didn't. They can keep the extra $250, just make sure it has the VLSD.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:16 AM
This doesn't apply to 6MT coupes, only auto coupes. All '05 6MT coupes come with the Sport Tuned Suspension Package as standard equiptment, and that package includes the VLSD.

I'm one of those people with an '05 auto coupe on order with the Performance package. Now I have to decide how important having the VLSD is to me. My car has been on order for a couple of months and is due to arrive in just a few weeks. If I want the VLSD, then I will have to cancel my order and order ANOTHER car with the Sport Tuned Suspension Package and this could have me waiting for who knows how much longer. I can't believe Infiniti screwed up like this, I'm really pissed off.

Prolix

Old 12-23-2004, 01:23 AM
Old 12-23-2004, 01:24 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
$250 refund my @$$!!!! I wouldn't settle for anything other than retrofitting the VLSD or $1000 back. Adding LSD to a car is not cheap!!!

Old 12-23-2004, 01:32 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
That really sucks for 05 auto coupes. Back when I got my 03.5, it was only $650 for 18" rims, michelins, and LSD.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:59 AM
WTF~!!!!! $250 back???? I bought for 2 weeks and now they tell me it doesn't have VLSD?!?!?! Can I get a better refund or give me a new G35coupe that has VLSD????????

Old 12-23-2004, 02:02 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
As someone that added VLSD to his car, it's scary expensive when you do it with parts. ONLY consider the mod by locating a whole entire sealed diff assembly used, which can be had in the $400-$700 range.

For those considering just switching to the sport suspension, you'd better have driven a 05 coupe with the sport suspension first before you commit. It use's stiffer springs, shocks and sways and have a firmer ride quality some of you will not be able to stomach. Though I'm of the opinion it's the suspension the car should have had from the start. If it's to firm or ruff for you the flip side is you could alway's easily find a coupe owner without the sport suspension that would be willing to trade you their softer setup.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:25 AM
My gosh, what should i do????? I already did skyline emblem changed yesterday!!!! I don't want $250. I want VLSD!!!!!! Do you think they will give me a new car? My car has 450mile on it, it had 130mile when i bought it in less than 3 weeks ago!!!!!! I need you guys guild

but one question...this is a very serious issue. shouldn't news do a report on it?? And $250 really doesn't seem much for such a big company. Can someone comfirm this mistake is TRUE.

Last edited by kenempireex; 12-23-2004 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:21 AM
This information comes from Danny Mayer who is a general manager at Grubbs. If you want further confirmation, go to the Infiniti website and click on the options for the G35 coupe - under the Performance Tire & Wheel Package they have updated it by deleting the VLSD. The 18" wheels and the performance-rated tires are now the only components of the package. I guess if you want further proof, call the dealership you bought your car from.

Prolix

Old 12-23-2004, 04:31 AM
if this is true, then a $250 refund is bull****. i would demand they take the car back and order you a new car. that's ****ing blatant mis-advertising, and there is no way in HELL i would settle for less than what i agreed to pay for, especially spending $30k+ !!!

Old 12-23-2004, 04:34 AM
but, $250 is very very little for infinti, i mean....they have alot of money and they didn't sell that man 05 auto yet. Why not just give the buyer more refund money so they can be more satisfied.

Old 12-23-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by Gsedan35
As someone that added VLSD to his car, it's scary expensive when you do it with parts. ONLY consider the mod by locating a whole entire sealed diff assembly used, which can be had in the $400-$700 range.

For those considering just switching to the sport suspension, you'd better have driven a 05 coupe with the sport suspension first before you commit. It use's stiffer springs, shocks and sways and have a firmer ride quality some of you will not be able to stomach. Though I'm of the opinion it's the suspension the car should have had from the start. If it's to firm or ruff for you the flip side is you could alway's easily find a coupe owner without the sport suspension that would be willing to trade you their softer setup.

personally the performance tire and wheel package, "firmness" of the suspension is plenty for me. its already somewhat jarring at times.

i suppose i am not as hardcore a performance nut as some people, but i still want to keep my car. had i known there was no vlsd, i could have probably just gotten a base car without wheel package, and just gone aftermarket. what a load of crap.

Last edited by hans007; 12-23-2004 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:17 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
In my opininon, if I was to order an 05 with the understanding the VLSD was included in that package (which it was when I ordered my 04), only to find it was omitted and a mistake on Infinitis' part, I would be pretty pissed....

The Main reason I went with the sport wheel pkg was for the limited slip........the 18" rims and tires were a plus, but the VLSD was what I really wanted since it was a rear wheel drive car....

Many people would prefer the stock ride/suspension over a tighter/harder ride.....

Old 12-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Tell Infiniti to keep their $250 and retrofit VLSD on your cars!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Announces Mistake in Performance Tire & Wheel Package for '05