Unlimited Tuning are THEIVES.Beware.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unlimited Tuning are THEIVES.Beware.

The owners of Unlimited Tunning commited Credit Card Fraud on me. A while back they had left some goods at my shop as consignment, meaning I would pay them as to what I sold..Well I sold a bunch of items and paid as we sold, and even did a group buy for some of their stuff. At a dyno day last April of 2006, they came by, and took some items that I would never sell which included a bunch of high flow cats and Z tubes, and I paid them for what I sold to that point.
I additionally took at that time 4 sets of Resonated test pipes, 3 Titanium shifter *****,and one G35 Engine cover. Eventually I sold one of the Ti shift *****, and 1 set of RTP's. and we installed 1 set of our in stock RTP's on Bill of UTR's car while at the dyno day, to replace his prototype ones that cracked.
Time came to pay up, so I shipped them back 2 sets of RTP's (remeber we sold 1 and Bill took 1 set out of our inventory with FREE install), 2 Shifter *****, and we decided to keep the CF engine cover on display. SO we owed them for 1 set of RTP's, 1 shifter ****, and 1 engine cover.
Well a few weeks go by and they email me a bill for 2 sets of RTP's 2 shifter ***** (they claim one was damaged in shipping) 1 engine cover, and like 6 different Z tubes
The Z tubes were picked up by them on the dyno day in 2006, yet they are still attempting to bill me for them, never having sent me the invoice prior to this date..So obviously I told them NOT to charge my card in 2 seperate emails, as we needed to look into our records..
Well a few weeks go by, never heard from them, and when looking at my bank statement, they had billed my CC for around $1400 without my authorization, and never having provided me records of me having the parts, which I do not have...
I highly suggests you do NOT do business with them, they are very shady and their products are made in Tiawan knock offs..
Despite being told on several occasions, NOT to charge my CC, and I did not agree with the invoice, Mike went and charged my CC anyhow without my permission, now refuses to respond to my emails,phonecalls, or provide proof of invoice of the products.. They pulled this crap with Top Secret a while back for a hood they recived and charged back..
UTR=SCAMMERS!!

Old 03-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Thats sounds rough! What do you intend on doing about this situation to get it resolved?

Old 03-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Call your CC and issue a chargeback....file with BBB

Old 03-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
Thats sounds rough! What do you intend on doing about this situation to get it resolved?
Actually doing that, and thinking of police chages also for CC fraud since they kept my CC number and used it without my authorization on this charge..

Old 03-29-2007, 03:27 PM
haha

Old 03-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, just ... wow

I was going to buy their roof spoiler from them... def glad I picked up a stillen RS instead

Old 03-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Exactly what you should do. Be sure to have the CC company involve they will take care of the rest. As far as fraud make sure you have all the paperwork to back up your claim to present a stronger case. GL hope you get these bastards.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Z2G
I had a minor issue with them too a while back. It wasn't to this scale but it indicated to me their "shadiness" nonetheless.

I had an agreeement with the salesperson (all via email) that they would send me two items so I could compare and allow me to return one for a full refund while I would keep the other item. I would of course pay for shipping. Well, we did as planned and I returned one of the items. However, they refunded me the cost of the other item that I kept which happened to be cheaper. That was where it went downhill. I started getting the run-around. No one would answer my emails. The reps on Instant Messenger would always say the person in charge of refunds was not in, etc. When I finally got a hold of someone in charge, they told me that their charge system did not allow for them to refund me the roughly $20-25 difference. So, I could only have a credit. I thought it was pretty odd. At best, they could have sent me a check for the overpayment.

Anyways, when I tried to utilize that credit months later, I got the run-around again. I finally was able to get a bottle of wax for it, which I didn't need or use! It was just a lot of hassle for something that could have easily been dealt with.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, i heard about their "tactics" back then too. made in taiwan! hahahaha, thats funny because it's true!

Old 03-29-2007, 04:26 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverII
Call your CC and issue a chargeback....file with BBB
+1...
C.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Wow... they just lost a customer.. I was about to order stuff from them this weekend too...

Old 03-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Cmon Son!
This isnt the first that I've heard of their bad business. I know their internet rep was horrible way back. He tried fussing at me because I was asking for detailed information on their products wanting proof to backup their claims of gains etc.. I will leave it at that though. They seem to have been on the low for a long while anyways.

anyone want to buy a used UTR y pipe for $100? heh thought I'd try.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
reminds of an issue I had with UPR (a mustang shop....www.uprproducts.com) about 10 years ago. I took my car to them for some work on my supercharged cobra (tuning, injectors, etc) The bill was $4000...which was bad enough! but it got worse......They charged my AMEX twice.....and I didn't know until I got the bill several weeks later...at that point, I had to dispue the charges, etc. Basically, they were able to use $4000, based off ofmy good standing with AMEX......and they just blamed it as a mistake. Complete BS.... I worked in retail long enough to know how to operate a credit card machine!!!!

Julian, I hope you put the screws to these dudes!

Old 03-29-2007, 04:36 PM
I personally would never charge a csutomers car without authorization.
I actually think their going under. I do have some UTR stuff in stock DIRT cheap if anyone wants!!

Old 03-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
I personally would never charge a csutomers car without authorization.
I actually think their going under. I do have some UTR stuff in stock DIRT cheap if anyone wants!!
what is dirt cheap? c'mon be fair. 80% off plus man!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unlimited Tuning are THEIVES.Beware.