Silver Polished AEM CAI w/dry flow filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver Polished AEM CAI w/dry flow filter

Update: SOLD

I have a silver polish AEM Cai that is CARB approved that came off of a G coupe. I have the original box, intruction packet, everyting that you need to install, meaning no missing parts at all. Also comes with original AEM dry flow filter. This is a special filter that AEM made dryflow meaning you don't have to clean it with K&N recharger kit. Dust it, blow it, tap it, air gun it etc... whatever you need to do to shake the dust and bugs off. It was used for 8k miles, as you can see from the pictures, was taken care of very good, still in very good condition and will work great for the next owner that is looking for a great intake system. $180

Attached Thumbnails Silver Polished AEM CAI w/dry flow filter-img_0809.jpg   Silver Polished AEM CAI w/dry flow filter-img_0810.jpg   Silver Polished AEM CAI w/dry flow filter-img_0817.jpg   Silver Polished AEM CAI w/dry flow filter-img_0813.jpg   Silver Polished AEM CAI w/dry flow filter-img_0814.jpg  

Last edited by g35philong; 06-16-2007 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 06-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
if you still have this in a week or so ill get this from you 180 shipped??

Old 06-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Pinoy
if you still have this in a week or so ill get this from you 180 shipped??
Back off pek pek! I've already PM'd him about this one!

Old 06-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by 1slowblackG35
Back off pek pek! I've already PM'd him about this one!

damnit you pek pek....im more stock than you,...

Old 06-12-2007, 10:23 PM
damnit you pek pek....im more stock than you,...
Hmmm......stock looking that is!!

Old 06-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by 1slowblackG35
Hmmm......stock looking that is!!

i have no intake no exhuast no headers to cats... IM STOCK STOCK STOCK... if you dont get this i will i hope haha

Old 06-13-2007, 02:43 AM
i have no intake no exhuast no headers to cats... IM STOCK STOCK STOCK... if you dont get this i will i hope haha

LOL... why did you sell all of your stuff?

Old 06-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Lex
Just for everybody's reference (including the seller), that intake system is carb approved BUT it's only approved on 03 G35 Coupes and 03-04 350Z (possibly 04 G35 coupe as well but 03 is for sure). When I called AEM, it was NOT approved on 05 and up. Status was (and probably still is) pending. Stillen's cold air box has been pending for 3 years or so until they finally got it approved not too long ago, so who knows how long it'll take to get the approval on 05-up for AEM.
It's more of a political thing than the actual emission level. Which means $$$.
AEM website says 03, 05-06 is 50 state legal but 04 is pending (which is odd...). Website usually have lots of wrong or outdated information so I wouldn't trust it. To find out the current status, call or email the manufacturer, give them the part #, and ask them if that part is legal on the specific year, make, model of the car and ask them for the exact carb executive order number. If they verify the information you gave them and they say it's legal and they can actually provide the carb eo number, now's your turn to double check and make sure it actually is legal.
You can either directly call/email california air resources board and verify with them, or use their website to check if the EO number is valid. However, their website may not be up to date or even a typo (probably a rare case with carb site tho), so it is best to contact them directly.
You may be able to fool a cop or something but if you need smog or even worse, a referee inspection, they will check the vehicle year and fail you before even doing the actual test.
If you're worried about carb approval status, always do the above procedures before you buy stuff. One thing to remember: just treat "pending status" as not approved. Manufacturers tend to use that phrase often to market their stuff. Pending approval from carb or is it pending on the way on the bottom of the manufacturer's "To Do" list saying "Send in application to CARB for inspection."?

Oh, btw here's the link to check EO number.
CARB Aftermarket Parts EO Database

Old 06-13-2007, 04:13 PM
I got five on it....

Old 06-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by suhochunsah
Just for everybody's reference (including the seller), that intake system is carb approved BUT it's only approved on 03 G35 Coupes and 03-04 350Z (possibly 04 G35 coupe as well but 03 is for sure). When I called AEM, it was NOT approved on 05 and up. Status was (and probably still is) pending. Stillen's cold air box has been pending for 3 years or so until they finally got it approved not too long ago, so who knows how long it'll take to get the approval on 05-up for AEM.
It's more of a political thing than the actual emission level. Which means $$$.
AEM website says 03, 05-06 is 50 state legal but 04 is pending (which is odd...). Website usually have lots of wrong or outdated information so I wouldn't trust it. To find out the current status, call or email the manufacturer, give them the part #, and ask them if that part is legal on the specific year, make, model of the car and ask them for the exact carb executive order number. If they verify the information you gave them and they say it's legal and they can actually provide the carb eo number, now's your turn to double check and make sure it actually is legal.
You can either directly call/email california air resources board and verify with them, or use their website to check if the EO number is valid. However, their website may not be up to date or even a typo (probably a rare case with carb site tho), so it is best to contact them directly.
You may be able to fool a cop or something but if you need smog or even worse, a referee inspection, they will check the vehicle year and fail you before even doing the actual test.
If you're worried about carb approval status, always do the above procedures before you buy stuff. One thing to remember: just treat "pending status" as not approved. Manufacturers tend to use that phrase often to market their stuff. Pending approval from carb or is it pending on the way on the bottom of the manufacturer's "To Do" list saying "Send in application to CARB for inspection."?

Oh, btw here's the link to check EO number.
CARB Aftermarket Parts EO Database

Good to know and thanks for the link.