Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Navigation is acting strange last few weeks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation is acting strange last few weeks

I have a 05 Coupe Auto, ...

My navigation is working properly when the screen comes up and stays up, but i been getting problems between 2pm-6pm everyday, the navigation will come up and the go back down, i push the button and it comes up and goes back down.
On the drive to work in the morning, it comes up and stays up, works perfect, but once i leave work in the afternoon, it wont stay up....

just last week, i had the TSB for the rear axles done and i told the mechanic about the navigation problem, well, they took the car in the morning and it worked, then they put the car back in the lot at 1pm with the nav still working, anyways, i picked the car up at 3pm and the nav wouldnt stay up and the mechanic was out to lunch and the cashier said that nothing in the warranty could be dealt with until they saw the problem so i took her to the car and the nav stayed up ???, so i left. i went to get gas and turned car off, turned back on and nav wouldnt stay up. weird problem..at night time it works perfect

Does anyone know why my navigation wont stay up in the afternoon?....this is making me pretty upset considering its a $40k car,... btw, i live in baltimore, the weather been pretty humid and hot last 3 weeks but i have no clue. please any help will be appreciated.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading this post.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:21 PM
im happy with my 04 non motorized navi But sorry to hear your problems hope you get it fixed!

Old 08-12-2006, 05:46 PM
lol basterdds these gremlins are.
man i got problems similir to you but abit on the low tech.

drive to stealership to show them and on the way the rattles and squeaky brake fixed itself, showed up with tech guy for a test drive and nothing, not even one squeak from the brakes.
Lol felt so stupid when he dint heard anything wrong.

I say to your navi problem, caught on video and show it to the tech guy.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:35 AM
re:

that is a good idea to video tape it and show them. will do that and hopefully i can help others out by telling you all what the diagnosis is...

Old 08-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lmao... u cant keep it up in the afternoon??? lol j/k... i dunno never herd of the navi not staying up... kind of freaky... it just goes down when it wants.. video tape it or take the mechanic for a ride an maybe itll go down... when they see whats rong they'll fix it def under warrenty

Old 08-13-2006, 04:33 AM
that is interesting, dont you hate it when you go to show someone a problem your car has and you car acts perfectly normal for them but as soon as you leave it acts up again. i feel like the g has a mind of its own sometimes

Old 08-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by adesai428

My navigation is working properly when the screen comes up and stays up, but i been getting problems between 2pm-6pm everyday, the navigation will come up and the go back down, i push the button and it comes up and goes back down.
On the drive to work in the morning, it comes up and stays up, works perfect, but once i leave work in the afternoon, it wont stay up....

just last week, i had the TSB for the rear axles done and i told the mechanic about the navigation problem, well, they took the car in the morning and it worked, then they put the car back in the lot at 1pm with the nav still working, anyways, i picked the car up at 3pm and the nav wouldnt stay up and the mechanic was out to lunch and the cashier said that nothing in the warranty could be dealt with until they saw the problem so i took her to the car and the nav stayed up ???, so i left. i went to get gas and turned car off, turned back on and nav wouldnt stay up. weird problem..at night time it works perfect

Does anyone know why my navigation wont stay up in the afternoon?....this is making me pretty upset considering its a $40k car,... btw, i live in baltimore, the weather been pretty humid and hot last 3 weeks but i have no clue. please any help will be appreciated.

haha i hate when you go to show someone a problem and it doesnt happen.. tough luck man

Old 08-13-2006, 07:15 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by adesai428

It's possible that excessive heat is causing it to shut down...
Barring that, have the dealer check for a gremlin.
g/l

C.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude same problem here...getting ready to take it to the dealership this week..

what you do is just lightly hold the screen up when its coming out towards the end of its tract, it will click in and stay.

No idea how they are going to fix it.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:17 PM
I had the same problem with my screen,
I'll be at Elite Sat morning in Laurel, stop by and I'll show you a trick that corrects that problem. BTW I took my car to the dealer 3 times and they still could not fix it. Meantime I figured out what causes it.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:07 PM
kennyb,

What's the trick man. Don't hold out on us as I have the same issue. If you can save me a trip to the dealer that would be great !!!

Old 04-20-2010, 03:33 AM
Same is happening here. So, how is this fixed?

Old 05-13-2010, 06:52 AM
yes, i have this same exact problem for long time now, how can it be fixed?

Last edited by tomykas; 05-13-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Just had this happen to me , what was the prioblem? Over heating maybe?

Old 06-01-2010, 08:38 AM
i took everything apart, and put together again. it did work a few times after that, but its not working again, and i cant figure it out. it seems that everything is ok in mechanisms, and wiring..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Navigation is acting strange last few weeks