Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infinity Basslink Install - Quick Wiring Q's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FortyTwo
I have a basslink (II) as well, and have been happy with it. Its been in for a few months. It was a simple install, I used a PAC LOC that plugged into the HU.

How do you guys have the basslink secured in the trunk?
I have not gotten around to installing mine yet. But I want to know as well. I test fitted it laying on its side and I am not happy with the amount of room it takes up. I've though about just putting it behind the drivers front seat on the floor. Has anybody found a place where this thing will stand on end in the trunk area?

Old 09-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you here a difference from inside the cabin ? Is it worth getting it or should I just keep saving and get a 4080 with a 10"W6 ?

Old 09-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FortyTwo
I have a basslink (II) as well, and have been happy with it. Its been in for a few months. It was a simple install, I used a PAC LOC that plugged into the HU.

How do you guys have the basslink secured in the trunk?
I have the orginal Basslink (which is smaller than the II) but I just shoved it in place in the rear of the trunk on the driver side. It was a tight fit, but it went in.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I hope you guys are still subscribed to this thread.

I can buy an basslink I...from my buddy, he's willing to sell it for $60. (good deal?)

Its just the unit and the little in cabin controller (no wires).

I was thinking about installing it into my 04 coupe, non-bose sound system/headunit.

I've been reading these threads and I guess the power hookup is pretty self explanatory...running a wire thru the passenger side to the battery.

I'm still a little confused about the audio hook-ups or how to. As you can tell I'm not very experienced when it comes to this. If it sounds easy enough I might try to install it myself, otherwise I'll probably take it to some shop. But even if I decide to take it to some shop, I like to know how its supposed to be done so that I can double check with the shop to make sure they do it right.

I'm assuming with the stock headunit, there aren't RCA outputs for our sub. So does that mean we're looking at the speaker level inputs?

I just have the unit, so I don't have any wires, can I buy the speaker level connectors (harness to the basslink) from just any general store like circuit city?

"1. Line Output Converter (LOC). This device simply has speaker wires coming out one side and RCA jacks on the other."

So reading this, we're using the LOC, which plugs into the RCA plugs in the side of the basslink, and then splicing the other end to the speaker wires?

Do you just splice/tap into the two rear speakers? (two wires (+/-) for each speaker)

Do you guys have any pictures/write up on how to tap into these wires?
(I'm guessing I need to remove the rear lining to see the stock speaker wires?

Using this method, I don't have to worry about the auto-on feature correct? because the unit will turn on based on the speaker level inputs, I just leave the switch to auto-on.

Is the sub level control, just using a telephone wire?

Thanks for all your help guys! hope to hear something back soon.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Jig8-

My Basslink is still going strong! I'd say 60 bucks is a pretty good deal, assuming everything is in working order. Check eBay to compare what they are going for.

Power hookup is just like you described, and pretty straightforward. I ran it on the battery side through the firewall. The audio Line Out Converter makes the speaker input simple as well. And I may have one (g35 specific) that I can give you for pretty cheap. I'll check when I'm at home for sure. The LOC is a little box. On one side it has the wiring harness input and output. This will sit "between" the normal speaker harness at the head unit. the box's other side has RCA outs. From there, you'll run standard RCA cables back to the Basslink. I'll snap a pic... I didn't touch the speaker wires beyond the ones directly behind the HU.

The auto-on feature on mine sets the Basslink to "off" when there is no speaker input.

The sub-level look just like a tele cord. I don't use mine though.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the quick reply FortyTwo,

I think I finally understand the whole LOC deal, and I see that you can buy the box on e-bay, and its relatively cheap. Is there anything specific i should be looking for when buying the LOC?

So you just connected the speaker wires to the back of your HU? Did you have to take your HU out to do that? I was trying to avoid that, because I've seen the threads of how to get to the HU, but it seems like a lot of dis-assembly/work.

I don't have the Bose premium sound system, so I guess i'm going to have to take a look in the back to see where I would splice into the two rear speaker lines.

Oh I guess that was my last question...So using the LOC, that means I just need to tap into BOTH rear speakers? I'm assuming four wires come out of the LOC? or would I need TWO LOC's? for the front and rear outputs Or do I just use the one and hook it up to the two rear speakers?

Yea if anybody has a quick write-up of how to get to the two rear speakers that would be helpful. More and more I'm thinking that I should be able to do this myself. The only tricky part would be running the power wire from the battery underneath the carpet to the trunk, and then tapping into both the stock speakers in the back.

Last edited by jig8; 09-18-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:56 PM
anybody?

Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 PM
FortyTwo,

How did you tap the wires behind the HU? I see a bunch of write ups about how to remove the HU, and i think that is something that i can do. However, once i get the HU off, I'm not sure where to tap the wires.

on the forums i read alot about the wiring for BOSE HU, but I don't have the BOSE system.

Do you know which wires I'm supposed to splice into? Is it the same as the BOSE HU system?

I bought a LOC and it seems pretty simple. One side of the LOC (rca's) go to the basslink (or any amp). The other side (6 wires) (+/-,ground for left and right) go to the wires behind the HU where i need to tap into the rear speaker wires. I'm just not sure which wires to tap into. Does anybody have a picture that would be most helpful.

I have all the parts and now i'm ready to put this puppy in, just looking for that last bit of info.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Does the basslink 1 accepts differential-balanced inputs?

If so I just want to do the twisted rca cables method rather then using a loc

thanks!