Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Circuit City

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 12:25 AM
Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts
Circuit City

I was wondering if any of guys have good or bad reviews about circuit city? I am getting two L7 solo barics installed with one jl 500/1 amp. I actually have two of these amps but I need the other one fixed. I was wondering, besides an amp kit, what else will I need to make this work. I have a total of $420 dollars to spend at circuit city, so I just have this stuff at my house from my previous car. Do u guys think the 500/1 is enough, or should I wait to get both installed? Also, i have a alpine mrp-f200 4 channel amp. Should i get that one installed to make it thump more?

Old 09-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldnt let circuit ****ty or any other box retailer touch any car of mine let alone the G. They hire high school kids for the most part. Do you want them messing with it or would you rather a professional?

Old 09-29-2006, 02:41 AM
F*ck circuit city!

Where are you located? If you in the Bay Area (N.Cali), I'd use AudioMobile of Oakland.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:53 AM
If you're just having an amp and subs installed. CC should be fine. And they do have an advantage over the smaller shops. If CC f'ks your car up, you can complain to the manager, then to the store manager, then the district manager, and up and up the chain. If "Bob's Audio" or whoever messes up your car and the manager and owner don't care, your screwed. No one else to complain to.

JH

Old 09-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivory056MT
If you're just having an amp and subs installed. CC should be fine. And they do have an advantage over the smaller shops. If CC f'ks your car up, you can complain to the manager, then to the store manager, then the district manager, and up and up the chain. If "Bob's Audio" or whoever messes up your car and the manager and owner don't care, your screwed. No one else to complain to.

JH
lol....well i have about $420 in gift cards and I have that audio stuff laying around....and i dont know what else to do with it. So i thought, maybe get this stuff installed.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I love it when people are quick to bash circuit city or best buy for being 'big'.

I installed at Circuit City for 5+ years, most of my time was spent fixing alarms/remote starts installed by ma and pa shops that pay their installers by the job, not the hour. I'm sure if I was paid by the job I could install an alarm/remote start in under 30 minutes, too.

Most small shops won't work with you if there is a problem, because the installers don't get paid to fix these, only install them.

'Big' stores pay their peole by the hour, so they fix things when needed.

I don't think I ever worked with an installer that was still in high school, and I worked at 3 shops in various places in Ohio.

The bottom line is it doesn't matter where you take your car, it all comes down to the installer(s) working on your car. Circuit City has some VERY good installers, and they also have new people who are still learning, just like EVERY other shop in the world. If you are overly worried about it ask to talk to the S&I manager and ask him who will be touching you car and what kind of experiance they have. The G is not a very hard car to work on, just make sure they seal the grommet up when they run the power wire through the firewall, because water can drip through the grommet and right on to your ECU.