Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Sirius Antenna

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Antenna

Just wanted to let everyone know, that I finally got around to change my Antenna from that dumb dead rat look that comes with the car to the actual Color matched fin antenna thats on the g35/M's sedans now. It actually drill through the roof and attaches from the inside and not out. I have a brilliant silver coupe and the vin # I got was off a liquid platimun sedan. The colors are identical. Infiniti told me it couldn't be done and I spend several days in there parts department, very determined to get this to work and I finally did. Now their are asking how I did it and how much better and classy it made the car. I will take a picture tonight when I get home to show anyone interested.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Sirius antenna is attached to the front windshield on the inside. Perfect reception, no drilled holes and nothing stuck to the roof.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:46 PM
I'd like to see a picture of this front windshield mounted Sirius antenna. I have a silver coupe with the "dead rat" antenna, would love to see a better option without having holes drilled anywhere. Please post a picture for us.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:20 PM
I'd like to see what this looks like on your car jock 3101. Thanks.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:25 PM
I will take a picture tonight and post, I think it looks great. Definately has the M/bwm look. Thanks

Old 10-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by jock_3101
I will take a picture tonight and post, I think it looks great. Definately has the M/bwm look. Thanks

DId you have to take the head liner out? Or is it all done from the exterior. I was so pissed when I picked my car up after the so called "factory installation" They offered to give me the parts so I could install the fin myself so I am curious how you do it.

Either that or they are taking it out.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Take a pic and post the part # and price!

Old 10-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got the tiny square black Sirius antenna and I mounted it on the outside of my rear window at the very bottom in the middle. Ran the wire to the trunk where it opens by the window and its very clean and neat. I just used double sided velcro on the glass. I did not want to mount the antenna on any painted surfaces.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:50 AM
I only pulled part of the headliner down in the back part of the car. It is very easy to just pull straight down and it will unclip. Then I pulled off the side molding leading down to the trunk and installed antenna wire into the Sirius unit. It looks great. Very professional and truely one of a kind. I know there are antennas that you can conceal in the window, but I like the look of the fin and it looks great when its painted the same and is the factory fin antenna. The fin comes in 3 parts, 1) the assembly 2) the cover 3) the bolt nut. All together it ran me about $80. If you can get the vin. # off a 2006-07 sedan with your same color it will already come painted, no charge. I had to make my own antenna cord that leads from the fin to the unit. Its easy as well but very time consuming, because the wire is so small. But all in all it looks great on the coupe. I have already had several guys in town ask me about it and if I would be willing to do it for them. I definately will take a picture after work today and post.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:42 PM
I only pulled part of the headliner down in the back part of the car. It is very easy to just pull straight down and it will unclip. Then I pulled off the side molding leading down to the trunk and installed antenna wire into the Sirius unit. It looks great. Very professional and truely one of a kind. I know there are antennas that you can conceal in the window, but I like the look of the fin and it looks great when its painted the same and is the factory fin antenna. The fin comes in 3 parts, 1) the assembly 2) the cover 3) the bolt nut. All together it ran me about $80. If you can get the vin. # off a 2006-07 sedan with your same color it will already come painted, no charge. I had to make my own antenna cord that leads from the fin to the unit. Its easy as well but very time consuming, because the wire is so small. But all in all it looks great on the coupe. I have already had several guys in town ask me about it and if I would be willing to do it for them. I definately will take a picture after work today and post.

Jock, what do you mean you had to make the antenna cord? Does the fin cover the normal sirius antenna, is it its own antenna?? I am confused now.....

Also, does the fin go ALL the way down to rear window, or is up a ways?

Old 10-21-2006, 10:56 PM
The antenna is a whole new antenna, it is a cover, assembly, and bolt nut. I order through the parts department, but I got the vin off a 2006 G35 sedan in my same paint color. Hope the pictures you can tell where the antenna is attached. Trust me it looks so good in person, every g driver here has asked me how I did this. If you have any other question just ask or pm me.

Sirius Antenna-cnv0020.jpg

Sirius Antenna-cnv0021.jpg

Sirius Antenna-cnv0023.jpg

Old 10-22-2006, 12:39 PM
So did you have to drill into the roof or was there already a hole there?

Old 10-22-2006, 03:09 PM
No actually I took it to a body shop and they did it for me, they can garantee it will not leak. They just installed the antenna through the roof and I connected everything back and finished the trunk out like it was.

Last edited by jock_3101; 10-22-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:52 PM
No actually I took it to a body shop and they did it for me, they can garantee it will not leak. They just installed the antenna through the roof and I connected everything back and finished the trunk out like it was.

Hey Jock... Thanks for the pics, looks good........ Still not quite sure what you were talking about making your own antenna and the time involved with that.

Does the shark fin, which IS THE ANTENNA, come with a nice long wire to plug into the sirus box?

Also, just to double check, there is no routing through the rear window seal with this method? It is as simple taking off a rear window side pannel and shooting stright to the trunk??

Old 10-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Smile

Hey thanks bro, I wish the pictures would have been more clear, but it looks good and also not an option on the coupe so I like that fact. But for your question about the cord being long? NO!!! Thats what Im talking about that I had to make. I used an antenna for one of those home units that is about 25ft long. I just cut the end off and thats what I connected to the fin, and the other end already has a connector to fit on the sirius unit in the car. Since the Fin Antenna fits through the roof you have to run your cord through the side quarter panel. Thats the easy part. The only time consuming part about this mod was the cord. But im very glad I did now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sirius Antenna