Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Factory iPod Integration Successful...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010 | 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by johnnyd6404
not too sure about the sedan but in my 04 coupe only the volume works on the wheel so I have to use the HU to change tracks and for the charging I believe you'll need the adapter here's a link for it but get it at the apple store as best buy never has any.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Scosche+...pter&cp=1&lp=3
That says it is a USB adapter - are you sure that is what he needs? The factory IPOD kit does not have a USB input...

As to controls, on my 05 I have full control from the factory head, though it is a bit confusing to learn how to navigate the menus, it offers more control that any other solution I have seen (other than replacing the head unit completely of course).

xnappo

Old 08-03-2010 | 11:36 AM
On my '06, you have to hold the steering wheel button for 2 seconds to change tracks. Much quicker on the head unit.

The navigation through the menus is a bit tricky. Playlists are your best option. Sometimes when i want a particular artist, i find myself pulling over, disconnecting the ipod and manually seeking it out.

I have ~37 gig of music on my ipod (80gig capacity) so there is a lot of music to sort through.

Old 08-03-2010 | 01:58 PM
Thanks for the replies! Do both of you have the nissan factory add on? Also did u try to hold the next track steering button for 2+ secs.......
Xnappo: so basically i need the factory adapter, the charging adapter, and some time to figure out which button does what Correct?
i think the only big diff. between the o5 head unit and the 03 is the fact that yours plays mp3 cds and ours dont.

Old 08-03-2010 | 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by GOAT35
Thanks for the replies! Do both of you have the nissan factory add on? Also did u try to hold the next track steering button for 2+ secs.......
Xnappo: so basically i need the factory adapter, the charging adapter, and some time to figure out which button does what Correct?
i think the only big diff. between the o5 head unit and the 03 is the fact that yours plays mp3 cds and ours dont.
On mine - yes holding track-plus for 2+ secs work. Yes that is correct - you just need to learn the menus - but you will probably find to get the most out of it you will want some playlists. The playlists are the easiest way to navigate.

xnappo

Old 08-03-2010 | 09:50 PM
^yea that doesn't work in my 04 coupe I can only change tracks on the HU, but if I hold the track button on the wheel it will go into the menu but still won't scroll through the menu options still have to use the HU. IE track button on the wheel is useless in an 04

xnappo: that may not be the right adapter I remember paying only $20 but here is the link from the apple store and this is defiantly what I have they're kind of confusing as they all look exactly the same.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS696LL/A

Old 10-28-2010 | 10:47 PM
Does anyone know where to get a replacement cable? i shredded mine beyond repair. usingthe factory 999U7-IPOD kit. i cant find this anywhere everythingg35 sells only complete kit

Old 06-06-2011 | 12:31 AM
Exclamation Please, once again, G35 2004 M6 with sat button

Hi Guys.

i apologize I tried to read through all 39 pages,I can't find a strait answer and I'm seeing letters everywere...

I want a nissan oem way to install a ipod input on a 2004 g35 M6 coupe with the sat button.

Please give me: The most simle and idiot proof way to install a plug and play harness/DIY. I REALLY dont need the sat function in my g and would love to replace it with an ipod input?

Thanks alot

March737

Old 07-02-2011 | 11:23 AM
Charging?

Hi All,

Have been using my adapter for about a year now - but what is annoying is that is seems to drain the battery when off (it is in my trunk).

Has anyone rewired it so that it is always charging?

xnappo

Old 07-02-2011 | 01:53 PM
I've had mine for over two years, connected to the back of a head unit. No battery drain problems here. In fact, I think that I read in the manual that it has an auto off after some idle time, but don't quote me. Should be pretty easy to test, no?

Old 07-03-2011 | 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by smash
I've had mine for over two years, connected to the back of a head unit. No battery drain problems here. In fact, I think that I read in the manual that it has an auto off after some idle time, but don't quote me. Should be pretty easy to test, no?
Sorry - should have been more clear. My Ipod(3rd gen -- OLD) does not hold a charge for more than a couple of days, so if I don't drive it over the weekend it loses it's place. So I was looking for a way to have it always charging.

xnappo

Old 07-03-2011 | 01:41 PM
Well that's not an adapter's fault. Careful not to drain your battery all the way, if you do it'll significantly degrade it.. $100+ so maybe worth hooking up a different iPod

Overall I'm pretty happy with this adapter - prolly best option for Infinity w/o MP3 short if swapping the HU. I just wish I'd connected mine to the trunk - much less work.. I still think the controls on this thing are pretty retarded - still haven't fully figured it out. Goes into shuffle mode sometimes (nope, not shake to shuffle).

Old 07-19-2012 | 08:27 PM
i bought a ISNI572 from PAC not too long ago, i have a 2005 G35 coupe, no SAT option on my radio, but i do have the PTY-CAT option, on PAC website they say that it woks but 2004-2007 models have to be plugged at SAT tuner, does anyone know if i have SAT tuner on my G, i took the console out last week but i couldnt find a location to plug the larger white harness in so i figured it wondnt work, but they PAC sais it should, anyone know a solution or if i jud didnt look good hard enough for the other harness?

Old 07-20-2012 | 03:50 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Premier Member
You don't have the sat tuner, otherwise you'd have the sat label on the button. The radios do not change at all whether you have SAT or not, just the label on that button.

The SAT harness is in the trunk, behind the interior panels.

Old 11-07-2012 | 10:49 PM
I have IOS 6.0.1. This update cameout within the last couple of days....

My Ipod connection stopped working on my Iphone 4. Is this it? Will Iphone's not be able to work with this connection (not the 5's)?

Old 11-22-2012 | 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by BolivianFuego
I have IOS 6.0.1. This update cameout within the last couple of days....

My Ipod connection stopped working on my Iphone 4. Is this it? Will Iphone's not be able to work with this connection (not the 5's)?
It works with my 5. However, it acts like it's not working sometimes. e.g. display will come up, but no sound, since 6.0.1 To get the sound back, I press the right button (track, i think) on the radio once, then the left once. Sound comes back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Factory iPod Integration Successful...