Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Factory iPod Integration Successful...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2009 | 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by graphyte
Hey guys I am really interested in the ipod integration kit. I just have two quick questions, if you guys could answer it from experience I'd greatly appreciate it. I wish to run an Iphone 3G so here are my questions:

1) Can I listen to pandora through the car speakers?
2) Can I still use my in car bluetooth to receive and make calls while it is tethered to the harness?

Thanks everyone
1) Nope. You have no control from the iphone itself while connected, so you can't launch the pandora app.

2) Yes.

Old 06-28-2009 | 06:06 PM
Well, i ordered my Ipod kit back in March, and i'm just getting around to installing it.

So i rip the trunk apart on my 2006 sedan....and no cable. Where the hell is it?? I assumed since i had an '06 i would be prewired. I don't have Sat, but after ripping my trunk apart there is nothing back there to hook up to. Nothing under the rear seat or in that corner of the trunk. I had EVERYTHING out of the trunk and there was no cable.

Am i missing something? Did they move it in the '06 models or something? Or do i need to buy a harness now? Or do i need to go into the dash now and install this??

I thought all 04+ were prewired?

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 06-28-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-05-2009 | 02:20 PM
Pics didn't come up. Do I have to be a premier member? I am interested. Don't want SAT, just to play my pod in my G.

Old 07-10-2009 | 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Well, i ordered my Ipod kit back in March, and i'm just getting around to installing it.

So i rip the trunk apart on my 2006 sedan....and no cable. Where the hell is it?? I assumed since i had an '06 i would be prewired. I don't have Sat, but after ripping my trunk apart there is nothing back there to hook up to. Nothing under the rear seat or in that corner of the trunk. I had EVERYTHING out of the trunk and there was no cable.

Am i missing something? Did they move it in the '06 models or something? Or do i need to buy a harness now? Or do i need to go into the dash now and install this??

I thought all 04+ were prewired?

Just to update. the Cable is in a different location on 2006's

It's not up against the rear seat like on 03-05's, the cable is on the top shelf in the trunk taped up on the left hand side.

Remove the center flaps of the trunk like on an 03-05 install, but instead, look in the upper right corner near where the trunk hinge is and you'll see the cable taped up.

Old 07-25-2009 | 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by chalupa
HELP! so i just read all 36 pages of this, and i can't seem to find a solution to my problem:

i have a canadian 06 6mt coupe navi. it is pre-wired (has the solitary plug hanging in the trunk), it does not have a sat module, nor does it have a sat subscription. there is NO "SAT" button on the HU. the "RADIO" button scrolls through fm1, fm2, and am. the "PTY CAT" button scrolls though jazz, country, rock, etc. now...

i ordered this kit a while ago and decided to install it yesterday. the parts i received were: 999u7-vs000 ("harness type b") and 999u7-st002 ("07 ipod kit"). prior to running the cables under the carpet, i decided to hook everything up to make sure things were working properly. i connected the adapter harness to the plug in the trunk, with its other end into the ipod interface. then i hooked up the DIN cable from the ipod interface to my ipod. i lastly bolted down the grounding ring. now when i turn the key to accessory mode, nothing happens. the ipod doesn't display "ok to disconnect", or anything for that matter. it's as though both the ipod and the ipod interface do not recognize eachother. scrolling though the "RADIO" or "PTY CAT" do nothing as well. did i receive the wrong kit, or could i possibly have a defective module or cables? any similar issues (maybe canadian-specific models???) any help is appreciated!!!

p.s. i have checked the instructions and re-attempted the install countless times already.
Did you figure it out? I'm having the same issue.

Old 07-28-2009 | 01:39 AM
anyone?

Old 08-12-2009 | 07:11 AM
i cant believe i read all 546 previous posts / 37 previous pages of this thread at 5am... 2 weeks AFTER buying and installing the factory ipod adapter. oh well, i guess its what happens when you're trying to reset your circadian rythym for nighttime activity. thanks to the OP for discovering this and selling it to me! great service and fast shipping. i feel like putting a bunch of exclamation marks like they do on ebay ratings!!!!!!!!!!1!!!

(with the obligatory number '1' in there, too!)

Old 08-18-2009 | 03:42 PM
Okay so I've read just about everything in this thread and I'm looking to buy the kit. Just need some confirmation about whether what I think is correct.

What I have:
06 g35 coupe.

What I want to use with the kit:
newest iPhone - iPhone 3GS

What I need to buy:
1. Nissan factory iPod integration kit for non-SAT? I'm assuming I don't have SAT cause my buttons only say CD, radio, Party chat & display. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
2. Seperate adapter for the iPhone.

Is this correct? Has anyone got their 3GS to work with this kit? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 08-18-2009 | 03:46 PM
You have SAT. The car is pre-wired. Only the 03-04 have a SAT button. 05+ you have to push RADIO until SAT comes on the display. It won't come up until you have something (the adapter or a sat radio) hooked up.

Old 08-18-2009 | 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
You have SAT. The car is pre-wired. Only the 03-04 have a SAT button. 05+ you have to push RADIO until SAT comes on the display. It won't come up until you have something (the adapter or a sat radio) hooked up.
Thanks. That gets one thing out of the way. Does anyone know about the compatibility of the iPhone 3GS?

Old 08-18-2009 | 05:29 PM
Unsure. I used mine with the original Iphone and it worked fine. The Iphone said "not compatible with this device" on the screen, but it played music just like my Ipod did.

Didn't charge though

Old 08-20-2009 | 01:40 PM
I installed the OEM adapter in my trunk yesterday using the PDF in the link below:

http://www.g35parts.com/download/ipodinstall.pdf

Another install guide:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...6mt-coupe.html

It was very easy to rip apart the trunk once I realized that all 5 tabs without a pop tab (step 5) are simply removed by sliding your hand behind the fabric, getting a finger on each side of the head, and pulling.

My sat cable was wrapped up in a grey tape (or green, I'm colorblind), in the upper right rear corner of the trunk. The pdf shows it in the center and low, again mine was up and to the right. Just look for the white plastic connector.

As per step 6, I unplugged the battery, plugged in the adapter to the sat connector, and plugged in my Iphone 3G. The 3G 1st gave the annoying 'can't charge, do you want airplane mode' menus. That is supposedly solve-able with a scosch adapter. The ipod cable in the OEM kit supplies 12V, the adapter steps it down to 5V which is what the 3G and new touches, nanos, etc use. Here is an example of the adapter:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS696LL/A

After saying no to the airplane mode, I pressed my radio button (or 'mode' on the steering wheel), and the 1st song alphabetically by song title was booming on my radio (Affirmative Action by Nas, then Alone by Heart, I have issues....).

Originally Posted by yayo44
Okay so I've read just about everything in this thread and I'm looking to buy the kit. Just need some confirmation about whether what I think is correct.

What I have:
06 g35 coupe.

What I want to use with the kit:
newest iPhone - iPhone 3GS

What I need to buy:
1. Nissan factory iPod integration kit for non-SAT? I'm assuming I don't have SAT cause my buttons only say CD, radio, Party chat & display. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
2. Seperate adapter for the iPhone.

Is this correct? Has anyone got their 3GS to work with this kit? Thanks in advance for any help.
I have an 06 sedan, so I can't comment on the coupe without searching. But as per this board, it seems that the 06s are all pre-wired. I don't have a SAT button either, I press radio or mode on my wheel and it cycles past fm1 and fm2 to xm1 and xm2. When I bought the kit, it came with the ipod adapter, grounded bus cable, and interface box. As I mentioned above, it won't charge a 3G or 3GS without a passport adapter or something similar.

Originally Posted by yayo44
Thanks. That gets one thing out of the way. Does anyone know about the compatibility of the iPhone 3GS?
I tested my friend's 3GS today with my interface, it worked exactly as my 3G does. As of now, I don;t have a charging adapter so it was audio only with no charging. The weird thing is (comapred to a typical audio in jack) that the interface cable takes over the ipod, so when you go to the ipod menu on your phone, it just says 'accesory connected'. You have no control of the music through your phone, only the radio buttons and steering wheel control it.

I do like that you can listen to Pandora or Youtube though, the audio quality is outstanding.

Old 08-20-2009 | 06:02 PM
Thanks for the input z-man. I guess I'll go buy an adapter then. Do you know which adapter it is exactly?

Old 09-09-2009 | 01:18 PM
NO prewired Satellite Harness in 2003 Sedan

This is crazy, I've been through all 37 pages of this thread, and I still can't find instructions for installing the satellite harness, if one is not prewired to the trunk. I have all the parts from everythingG35.com but no instructions. I have the instructions for installing the ipod adapter WITH pre-wired satellite cable. But not WITHOUT pre-wired satellite cable. Have I missed this post? I have seen the question asked several times, but no responses. Called everythingG35 and they referred me to their website instructions.....I already have those, and it doesn't explain the satellite cable installation. Any help? Anyone done this? Should I just start tearing apart the center console blind to access the back of the head unit?

Old 09-09-2009 | 01:21 PM
In that case, you yank the head unit and install it there.

All the pre-wired sat cable is, is a cable that goes from the head unit to the rear of the car. That's all it is. If you are pre-wired, you install where the cable ends in the trunk because it's easy. If you are not, you install behind the head unit...or instal the sat cable and then go into the trunk

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Factory iPod Integration Successful...