Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Factory iPod Integration Successful...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2008 | 05:47 PM
Some heavy digging on this forum, Canadian 2004-05 Sedans aren't prewired it seems.

><

Old 08-03-2008 | 02:24 PM
I have an 03 Coupe and have the SAT button on my radio - I assume this means I am prewired?

Old 08-03-2008 | 02:52 PM
^ No necessarily. It means your radio is sat capable. You will have to check your VIN to determine if it is prewired.

Sedan VIN: 321894 & higher are prewired
Coupe VIN: 210827 & higher are prewired
All 2004 and later cars are pre-wired from the factory

Old 08-03-2008 | 10:11 PM
I do have the spare white connector in the trunk (saw it during sub install) so that should be a good indicator too

I will check the VIN in the morning... too lazy to walk to the garage right now

Old 08-04-2008 | 10:32 AM
|
Originally Posted by dudenotbombs
I have an 04 Sedan and cannot find the prewired sat cable, it is not just hanging there like in the instructions on everythingg35.com

Has anyone experienced this or is there somewhere I should be looking to find it???

Is it a Canadian model?

Old 08-05-2008 | 12:22 AM
Yoe
wow i'm very interested

Old 08-08-2008 | 09:06 PM
Amp
does anyone else have the problem of the ipod coming out of random mode when the car is shut off and turned back on? When I turn the car on regardless of how it was before the ipod plays tracks in order instead of random. Anyone know of a fix for this?

Old 08-08-2008 | 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Amp
does anyone else have the problem of the ipod coming out of random mode when the car is shut off and turned back on? When I turn the car on regardless of how it was before the ipod plays tracks in order instead of random. Anyone know of a fix for this?
Try putting your ipod in shuffle mode then attaching it to the car after its already on and playing music.

Old 08-16-2008 | 01:08 AM
Angry shuffle mode and repeat mode and steering wheel function

i just bought it today directly from infiniti of scottsdale and had it install for my 03 g35 sedan with build in sat but for some reason the steering wheel function not working to change musics and whenever i tried to change the setup for rnd*off to on won't work either it still stay on off and same for repeat. I tried to let the ipod plays the music first and have the setup for shuffle on and connect to the cable and still not working. Does this mean this ipod is only good for playing trough the sat and change the music by pressing up and down tract ..... pretty dissapointed at this point . let me know if i got a bad adaptor for anyone out there have 03 sedan and works well on the G.

thanks

Old 08-19-2008 | 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by str3zz
i just bought it today directly from infiniti of scottsdale and had it install for my 03 g35 sedan with build in sat but for some reason the steering wheel function not working to change musics and whenever i tried to change the setup for rnd*off to on won't work either it still stay on off and same for repeat. I tried to let the ipod plays the music first and have the setup for shuffle on and connect to the cable and still not working. Does this mean this ipod is only good for playing trough the sat and change the music by pressing up and down tract ..... pretty dissapointed at this point . let me know if i got a bad adaptor for anyone out there have 03 sedan and works well on the G.

thanks

are you talking about the factory unit?

Old 08-22-2008 | 07:46 PM
post #465 indicates that on 2003-2004 models, the steering wheel cannot control the Ipod, other than volume; have to use the radio controls.

Old 08-25-2008 | 07:35 PM
Alright, I got this thing hooked up in my 03 and working, but the instructions are different from the buttons on the 03 - has anyone compiled a list of what does what?

Maybe I just haven't messed with it enough but I can't figure out how to select a menu item.

Old 08-25-2008 | 07:49 PM
I'm not in my car so I forget which switch says what on the stereo but basically on the sides of your display there should be two buttons with up and down arrows.

The one on the right scrolls through the menus, the one on the left selects that option.

So for example hit up on the right till you see the option you want playlist/artist/whatever then hit up on the left side to select it, then go back to the right to scroll through that menu. If you let it sit for too long without picking something it will go back to the default menu.

I know its crackheaded but I'm at work and cant remember the name of the buttons lol

Old 08-26-2008 | 05:08 AM
Well, the right hand one appears to change the song too.

I guess I can pick my playlist, then plug up the iPod, and then just cycle through songs on there using the radio.

This thing isn't quite 100% what I'd hoped for but it's better than the tape adapter.

Old 08-26-2008 | 12:28 PM
Alright, I am fairly sure this thing just isn't working right.

I press PTY/CAT to get to the menus. When I press the right up/down button, I can sometimes cycle through the menus, or sometimes it changes the song. Either way, no matter what I do, I cannot back up a menu or make a selection inside the menu.

The unit doesn't seem to honor the iPod's setting for shuffle either, so even if I do select a playlist I can't shuffle them because I can't get to the setting.

Can anyone with an 03 coupe verify their controls and how the settings work? I have tried everything I can think of.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Factory iPod Integration Successful...