Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Factory iPod Integration Successful...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008 | 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Noremac
Has anyone been able to find a source for a longer or extension iPod cable? It still seems ideal to have the gateway in the trunk, and the iPod comfortably in the center console.
I would contact your Nissan Dealer or everythingg35.com (which is a Infiniti dealer/partner/storefront/something but is definetely more economical.) The cable that connects the Gateway (almost like a Ps2 connector) to your iPod (Dock Connector at the bottom of the iPod) is about 4 1/2 feet long. It was part of the kit that I got from everythingg35.com and NOT a Nissan Part from what I saw. The two official Nissan parts that came in my kit were the Gateway (999U7VR002) and the Harness Type B (999U7-VS000) that connects the Gateway to the Satellite connector.

Personally I found the work to put the iPod in my center console (front) to be too much effort with little gain...not to mention using up what little space is available in the tiny console I placed the iPod in the back center console (lifts up and down between the two back seats in the 2007 Sedan, and in my case is always up) and the Ipod cable had more than enough slack. As of now this is working great for the past 2+ weeks, but if I ever find out there is a longer cable I would probably buy it and hang onto it just in case I ever want to have an option to move my ipod to the front or elsewhere. My gateway is in the trunk. See https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...70#post2812370 for pictures and stuff.

Old 03-28-2008 | 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by g35fromAZ
I would contact your Nissan Dealer or everythingg35.com (which is a Infiniti dealer/partner/storefront/something but is definetely more economical.) The cable that connects the Gateway (almost like a Ps2 connector) to your iPod (Dock Connector at the bottom of the iPod) is about 4 1/2 feet long. It was part of the kit that I got from everythingg35.com and NOT a Nissan Part from what I saw. The two official Nissan parts that came in my kit were the Gateway (999U7VR002) and the Harness Type B (999U7-VS000) that connects the Gateway to the Satellite connector.

Personally I found the work to put the iPod in my center console (front) to be too much effort with little gain...not to mention using up what little space is available in the tiny console I placed the iPod in the back center console (lifts up and down between the two back seats in the 2007 Sedan, and in my case is always up) and the Ipod cable had more than enough slack. As of now this is working great for the past 2+ weeks, but if I ever find out there is a longer cable I would probably buy it and hang onto it just in case I ever want to have an option to move my ipod to the front or elsewhere. My gateway is in the trunk. See https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...70#post2812370 for pictures and stuff.
I got mine installed yesterday. The controls are not as good as I thought. I can't choose Playlist or Artists. etc. It appears on screen as if its being selected as I cycle through but there is no apparent way to envoke a playlist or artist. It seems to lock up to where I can't even use the tuner **** to change songs. I have to reset the Ipod. (60GB iPod video 5thG). I still like that I don't have it cluttering the console.

Old 03-28-2008 | 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I got mine installed yesterday. The controls are not as good as I thought. I can't choose Playlist or Artists. etc. It appears on screen as if its being selected as I cycle through but there is no apparent way to envoke a playlist or artist. It seems to lock up to where I can't even use the tuner **** to change songs. I have to reset the Ipod. (60GB iPod video 5thG). I still like that I don't have it cluttering the console.

Weird. Lets level set I have a 2007 Sedan. Not the premium bose audio system. I have a 4th gen iPod (60 Color NO Video). I know it is 4th Gen because I had to buy a sleeve recently.

There are three controls on the console...forget the Volume, it works on the radio as well as the steering wheel. the three controls are:

1)Seek-Cat (Right Side of clock, left of Tune and above Track, a button not a ****)
2)Track (below Seek-Cat)
3)Tune (right of Seek-Cat and Track)

Here is how mine works. When the iPod is playing:

Press the Seek-Cat (you may have to press it twice to wake it from aslumber...not rapidly)

After you press the Seek-Cat you can press it or the Track button to rotate through the iPod mode. The iPod modes in order are:

Playlist
Artist
Album
Song
genre
Compose
cancel
Setup

Pressing the Seek-Cat toggles FORWARD through each mode each time you press it (ie Playlist, Artist, Album.....Setup)

Pressing the Track toggles BACKWARD through each mode each time you press it (ie Playlist,...Setup, Cancel.......Artist)

Once you are in the mode you want to use; for example you want to search by Artist, so you scroll through the modes as listed above until you are on Artist:

-Rotate the Tune button one click to the right..This selects the mode.
-Once you have selected the mode you go back to the Seek-Cat and Track buttons to scroll and find the Artist.
-Pressing the Seek-Cat will toggle from top to bottom in alpha (Allman Brothers, Bad Company, The Who, ZZ TOP),
-Pressing the Track button will toggle from bottom to top in alpha (ZZ Top, the Who, Bad Company, Allman Brothers).

Once you are on the Artist,
-Turn the Tune **** clockwise and you would select the Artist.
-Once you select the artist it should start playing. You would then use the Tune to go forward or back through the tracks.

If this still does not work let me know. One other thing the STATUS button on top near the screen sometimes need to be pressed to display the Text.

The following users liked this post:
wicked1G35 (01-23-2012)
Old 03-29-2008 | 03:22 PM
Moderation-free
Staff Alumni
Has anyone found a way to scroll through the artists? Right now I can only find one click at a time using the Seek / Track button, which means something like 300 clicks.

Any way to scroll using the Tune button (like in a playlist)?

Old 04-14-2008 | 05:36 PM
I had been researching this for a while. I own an '03 coupe and according to this thread, my car's vin indicated it wasnt pre wired. I was lucky to find a used integration system with sat cable on ebay and bought it.

When I received it this past weekend and proceeded to install, I found out the car was wired!!!! Anyways, I did the install and now I have a spare satellite calbe. If anyone needs one I will be glad to sell it for just a few bucks. Anyone interested can PM me.

Old 04-16-2008 | 12:46 PM
I have a 03 with NO SAT button at all. Will this kit work for me also?

Old 04-16-2008 | 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Will_blueprint
I have a 03 with NO SAT button at all. Will this kit work for me also?
Not sure..contact http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/index.php at 1.888.216.5328. This is where I got my kit. They were helpful when I called....DO YOU HEAR THAT EVERYTHING G35....THROW ME SOME LOVE AND HOW ABOUT SOME "CREDITS" AS A GOOD FAITH GESTURE for all the bidness I send your way

Old 04-16-2008 | 02:00 PM
---

Last edited by g35fromAZ; 04-16-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Dupe entrees
Old 04-23-2008 | 01:08 AM
does anyone know what the address for everything g35?
thanks

Old 04-23-2008 | 01:12 AM
everythingg35.com

i think.

Old 04-23-2008 | 11:15 AM
|
http://www.everythingg35.com

Type "ipod" in the search field.

Old 04-23-2008 | 11:33 AM
|
Originally Posted by g35fromAZ
Not sure..contact http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/index.php at 1.888.216.5328. This is where I got my kit. They were helpful when I called....DO YOU HEAR THAT EVERYTHING G35....THROW ME SOME LOVE AND HOW ABOUT SOME "CREDITS" AS A GOOD FAITH GESTURE for all the bidness I send your way
Call me!

Old 04-27-2008 | 01:12 AM
If I have an 03 with Bose and the "SAT" button, does it mean I'm pre-wired? Or is there another way to find out?

Old 04-27-2008 | 08:28 AM
You have to check the VIN to determine if your car is prewired.

Sedan VIN: 321894 & higher
Coupe VIN: 210827 & higher
All 2004 and later cars are pre-wired from the factory.

Last edited by Gilley; 04-27-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-05-2008 | 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Noremac
Has anyone been able to find a source for a longer or extension iPod cable? It still seems ideal to have the gateway in the trunk, and the iPod comfortably in the center console.

have we tried to extend the other end of that cable ? Is it a simple DIN plug ? I can't tell from the pics what type of cable it is. Just thought extending the end without the Ipod connector might be easier.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Factory iPod Integration Successful...