Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Factory iPod Integration Successful...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008 | 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by JTinVA
have we tried to extend the other end of that cable ? Is it a simple DIN plug ? I can't tell from the pics what type of cable it is. Just thought extending the end without the Ipod connector might be easier.
Apparantly, making an iPod extension cable is not trivial. The proprietary standards and protocols that Apple uses are difficult to reproduce. Nevertheless, here is a source that sells 2ft, 6ft, or special-order custom length extensions. But even they say that the cable doesn't support all the iPod features (S-video, audio-IN).

Old 05-06-2008 | 07:48 PM
A couple of pages back, you'll find i looked into this. The end that plugs into the ipod gateway is a circular DIN but i can't find that connector anywhere. I'm hesitant to chop up my only cable (never know what kind of shielding you'll find in there ) I may just have to sacrifice a cable to find out.

Wiring up an ipod connector is easy enough. They sell the ends at radio shack and you can look up the pin outs on pinouts.ru Simplest thing would be cutting up your stock cable to match the pins/wiring, but if you're going to do that, why not just skin the cable and splice some wire in between?

Old 05-06-2008 | 10:16 PM
Can anyone confirm if this works with an IPHONE?

Old 05-16-2008 | 11:08 PM
Premier Member
I went here to buy this kit... but I have a quetsion...
By, satellite radio installed, do they mean just having the satellite radio box in your trunk or actually having satellite radio service???

Old 05-17-2008 | 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by syshs
I went here to buy this kit... but I have a quetsion...
By, satellite radio installed, do they mean just having the satellite radio box in your trunk or actually having satellite radio service???
For any questions call them directly at the number on their website. However I will try to answer the questions. I have a 2007 Sedan. I was not subscribing to any satellite service nor was their a tuner in the trunk. In the back of the trunk is a the satellite Harness that is factory installed and is ready to be plugged into a satellite tuner. That harness was hanging free (not connected to anything) and I connected it to the kit I bought from everythingg35.com. If you already have satellite running in your car you will either have to get a splitter or disconnect the satellite harness from the existing satellite tuner in your trunk....if the latter you will lose your satellite.

The bottom line: For my 2007 Sedan it was a simple matter of connecting the harness to the kit. I did NOT have a satellite tuner.

Good luck

Old 05-17-2008 | 02:11 PM
You don't need a splitter if you ahve a SAT tuner and subscription. You just need to order the extra cable. One cable to the module and the other one back to you SAT box.

I just finished 45 min ago. I have a 04.5 Coupe with XM radio. Now I'm just learning the controls.

Old 05-17-2008 | 02:40 PM
Pa11-nis Ftw

Old 05-24-2008 | 09:04 PM
Premier Member
Old 05-29-2008 | 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
When I installed the sat cable in my non-prewired sedan, there was no empty connector on the back of he factory HU. I had to unplug the connector that was there to plug in the sat cable.
I also have a non-prewired sedan (Canadian '05 sedan w/Bose). Bought the ipod integration kit and was shocked when the prewire connector was missing. What are my options now? Purchase a SAT cable [B8377-5Y700], run it from the HU all the way back to the trunk and proceed as usual? Or could I plug the Harness B connector (from the ipod kit) directly into the HU and mount the box nearby?

Searched everywhere and there doesn't seem to be much information for us unfortunate non-prewired guys/gals.

Please help! Thanks.

Old 05-31-2008 | 09:34 AM

Anybody know where I can get that plastic piece that finish up the drilled hole?

Old 05-31-2008 | 10:10 AM
It comes with the kit.

Old 06-15-2008 | 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by TGMcCoy
Hey all,

Anyways, just to confirm, 03-04 cannot skip tracks through the steering wheel controls and 05-06 can? Seems that the box & cable were designed more around the 05-06 radio.

And if nobody figured out how to ff(i dont think you can rewind), you just press the scan button and when you want it to stop press the track up/down button.

bummer!!
this info isn't on the everythingg35.com site. part of the reason i shelled out $200 for this is to be able to skip songs via the steering wheel.

boo for false advertising and/or poor website information.

and another boo for not being able to scroll through maybe 5 choices (such as 5 artists after i've selected artist) without the display reverting back to xm-001. so annoying.

Old 06-15-2008 | 01:34 AM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by humara
another boo for not being able to scroll through maybe 5 choices (such as 5 artists after i've selected artist) without the display reverting back to xm-001. so annoying.
Hold down the DISP button... it will show/display u what u wana look at. Works on my 06... no worries there for me.

Old 06-16-2008 | 01:11 PM
|
Originally Posted by humara
bummer!!
this info isn't on the everythingg35.com site. part of the reason i shelled out $200 for this is to be able to skip songs via the steering wheel.

boo for false advertising and/or poor website information.

and another boo for not being able to scroll through maybe 5 choices (such as 5 artists after i've selected artist) without the display reverting back to xm-001. so annoying.
Actually...

The '03-'06 G35 Sedan & the '03-'07 Coupe CAN skip songs through the steering wheel. You have to HOLD the skip/seek button up or down for 3 seconds in order to do this. This function does not work on the '07+ G35 Sedan.

I personally have not heard anyone have an issue with this except those who own a '07+ Sedan. The kit was tested and installed on a '05 Coupe and the functionality works. If the 3 second hold down DOES NOT work on the '03-'04 systems this is news to us. Can anyone confirm this for me so I can change our wording on the site?

From what we have been given by Nissan regarding this kit, it WILL NOT work with the iPhone or iTouch...

Last edited by jtesensky; 06-16-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-16-2008 | 02:46 PM
It does not work on '03-'04s. When you hold it for 3 seconds, it jumps in the menu, beggining with Playlist. If you hold it again for 3 more seconds it goes to artist; then to album; etc. However, you cannot select the menu option from the sw itself, nor skip songs. Basically, on 03-04s, the wheel controls are useless for ipod integration, except to turn the volume up or down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Factory iPod Integration Successful...