Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Class action lawsuit - Ridiculous Cd Changer Failure...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class action lawsuit - Ridiculous Cd Changer Failure...

Long, I know, but please read....

Owning two BMWs in the past and currently driving an m5, i have to say that Infiniti's unwillingness to fix such a common problem as their ever failing cd changer, is a perfect example of a manufacturer who believes in their product (BMW) and one who does not. I'll be one to say that BMW's quality is not flawless but even when people w/o warranties, including myself, are getting common problems fixed at no charge it definitely shows BMW's dedication toward backing their products. I guess what I'm wondering, has anyone ever had their cd changer replaced after their warranty at no charge? My g/f purchased her 2003 G-Coupe early this year and with only 35k mi, she experienced the dreadful cd error. Being just out of a patheticly low mileage warranty, she is now stuck between investing in a new radio unit or possibly going with an ipod adapter kit, either way she will need to spend some cash. In my honest opinion I find it hard to believe that all you G35 owners are having to put up with Infiniti's negligence. To see such a manufacturer turn their head and say "well your out of warranty" and only have 35k mi is absolutely ridiculous. I was thinking that with such a strong force as the owners who have received this same response, why has no one tried persuing something a little more threatening as a class-action-lawsuit?

I think its time Infiniti stopped depending on their warranties and started helping service their clientele better. Any insight from you guys would be appreciated. Let's get the service we paid for!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2007, 09:13 PM
well, most people just go aftermarket,and it really outweighs things when you bring up a lawsuit, only if you want to be down and dirty about it. but thats just me. the first thing to go in my car was everything that dealed with the sound system,lol

Old 08-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Yea, Infiniti should step up and do something about our CD changers. I'm using the Ipod adapter right now. I'm getting used to it, but I still miss playing my CD's. And of course the sound is good, but I have to adjust the EQ on my Ipod and all that to make it sound like a CD. Well, maybe a letter should be sent to Infiniti before a lawsuit. Maybe they will listen....

Old 08-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by bluegenie
Yea, Infiniti should step up and do something about our CD changers. I'm using the Ipod adapter right now. I'm getting used to it, but I still miss playing my CD's. And of course the sound is good, but I have to adjust the EQ on my Ipod and all that to make it sound like a CD. Well, maybe a letter should be sent to Infiniti before a lawsuit. Maybe they will listen....
Hm. Not a bad idea when you think about it. Put together a petition on G35driver and let it marinate for a couple months gathering names, and see how many we can put together. Then send it off.

With all the Infiniti owners on here, SURELY someone is a lawyer.

-T

Old 08-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is most definitely a Bose/Clarion problem and has been a known issue for several years on both Infiniti's and Nissan's. MOST people that experience this problem out of warranty, either get it repaired out of pocket or upgrade the sound system. Good luck on UR suit.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
haven't had any problems with my changer.
i am annoyed that my "settings" get reset every time i turn off the car and i need to hit the buton to get them to work again.

is there a fix for this?

Old 08-26-2007, 10:52 PM
vbx
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exactly. A lot of people here tend to back Infinti when it comes to the shortfalls of the G35. The G35 has a lot of issues, including: popping noises, clanking clutch noies, rear axle bolt becomingloose, cd error, sunroof popping noises, window popping noises, tires balding too quickly, oil burning issues. etc etc.

Currenly, my new G has about 7k miles. I drive like a grandma on the fast lane and my tires are almost aready gone. My car also had its axle bolt re-torqued twice. One more time and i'm calling it a lemon.

I was told the clank noise coming from the clutch is "normal operating noise".

Wow, my Integra, a 5 speed, 11 year old car, doesn't have that "normal operating noise". Weird. My shifter on the Integra also doesn't vibrate at all when compare to the G. My tires, 17" falkens, the cheapest tires in the world, lasted me 80k+.. And I drive this car like it was stolen. Not only that, it does all that with better gas milage.

And they back Infinti and saying that they make good cars, its better then BMW, blah blah blah. Then when it's time for a 15k service, they go to some guy name Juan instead of paying Infiniti the 300 bucks for the "great" service.

Last edited by vbx; 08-26-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Mine was replaced once under warranty but I've heard of people having their's replaced 2-3 times. Was this only a 2003-2004 problem? Or do 2005 and 2006 models have the same problem?

Old 08-27-2007, 02:23 AM
i think the same way. the infiniti's dealership has a problem helping out the clients. they dont seem to care for their clients at all.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by vbx
Exactly. A lot of people here tend to back Infinti when it comes to the shortfalls of the G35. The G35 has a lot of issues, including: popping noises, clanking clutch noies, rear axle bolt becomingloose, cd error, sunroof popping noises, window popping noises, tires balding too quickly, oil burning issues. etc etc.

Currenly, my new G has about 7k miles. I drive like a grandma on the fast lane and my tires are almost aready gone. My car also had its axle bolt re-torqued twice. One more time and i'm calling it a lemon.

Wow, my Integra, a 5 speed, 11 year old car, doesn't have that "normal operating noise". Weird. My shifter on the Integra also doesn't vibrate at all when compare to the G. My tires, 17" falkens, the cheapest tires in the world, lasted me 80k+.. And I drive this car like it was stolen. Not only that, it does all that with better gas milage.

And they back Infinti and saying that they make good cars, its better then BMW, blah blah blah. Then when it's time for a 15k service, they go to some guy name Juan instead of paying Infiniti the 300 bucks for the "great" service.
Sounds like another satisfied Infiniti customer...haha no really, I have those same problems in my 05c and its annoying but I still love the car, its just one of those things where you have to decide if the good outweights to bad and in my case as well as most others on the site (I'm assuming), the good definately wins! I feel your pain tho...

Old 08-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by vbx

If you're that dissatisfied why don't you sell your G and get a new car or go back to your integra? If you still own that car and go to a forum about that car I don't think you should be bitching about it and talk about how much better an integra is. As for the tires, you can always get different tires after your first pairs.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by bluegenie
I agree that a letter may be a first step towards getting this problem resolved. Let's face it guys, the fact that you have to deal with this issue is completely unacceptable. BMW had a huge problem with their pixels going out on the gauge clusters. With a phone call to corporate BMW my 100k mi (50k out of warranty) old gauge cluster is fixed. Now thats backing a product!

We (g/f and I) just received a survey about service so I took it online and sent in a BIG complaint about this cd issue to corporate. Although my hopes are to have this issue brought to Infiniti's attention, I fear my single comment will be tossed aside much like how they act with non-warranty issues. So with that let's work something out.....

How many owners here would sign a petition? If we can't get enough owners to help spread the word and help us out this whole thing would be pointless to pursue, so knowing that people feel the same I do, would certainly spark my interest in going further with this approach to Infiniti.

Input? Comments?

Old 08-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Socale39
Long, I know, but please read....

Owning two BMWs in the past and currently driving an m5, i have to say that Infiniti's unwillingness to fix such a common problem as their ever failing cd changer, is a perfect example of a manufacturer who believes in their product (BMW) and one who does not. I'll be one to say that BMW's quality is not flawless but even when people w/o warranties, including myself, are getting common problems fixed at no charge it definitely shows BMW's dedication toward backing their products. I guess what I'm wondering, has anyone ever had their cd changer replaced after their warranty at no charge? My g/f purchased her 2003 G-Coupe early this year and with only 35k mi, she experienced the dreadful cd error. Being just out of a patheticly low mileage warranty, she is now stuck between investing in a new radio unit or possibly going with an ipod adapter kit, either way she will need to spend some cash. In my honest opinion I find it hard to believe that all you G35 owners are having to put up with Infiniti's negligence. To see such a manufacturer turn their head and say "well your out of warranty" and only have 35k mi is absolutely ridiculous. I was thinking that with such a strong force as the owners who have received this same response, why has no one tried persuing something a little more threatening as a class-action-lawsuit?

I think its time Infiniti stopped depending on their warranties and started helping service their clientele better. Any insight from you guys would be appreciated. Let's get the service we paid for!!!!!!
It's not like they are refusing to fix your issue. Honestly every car has issues to state something like this for a known issue that they fix is pointless, and honestly if you are out of warranty it doesnt matter because most units go defective early on

Old 08-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by Socale39
I agree that a letter may be a first step towards getting this problem resolved.
With a phone call to corporate BMW my 100k mi (50k out of warranty) old gauge cluster is fixed. Now thats backing a product!

I fear my single comment will be tossed aside much like how they act with non-warranty issues.
How many owners here would sign a petition?
Input? Comments?
I would be willing to sign the petition. The 1st time this happened the car was about a year old followed by a second incident 6 months later. A $ 30 - $40k car is not a disposable item.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yea I'll sign it too, why not.

But i cant wait... I just talked to these guys...

http://www.videoservicestop.com/radi...s/infiniti.htm

They were familiar with the problem and said $167 to fix, I forgot to ask how long. I'm shipping mine to them today.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Class action lawsuit - Ridiculous Cd Changer Failure...