Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Class action lawsuit - Ridiculous Cd Changer Failure...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:00 PM
vbx
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jfpound
I think it sucks but honestly $165 to fix it makes it not worth my time to do much else. Life is short, do something fun.

And the tires wear out because they are performance tires and the car is easy and fun to drive aggressively. 12k miles from a high performance tire is not out of the ordinary.
12k miles fron granny driving? That's not normal. Like I said before, I had highperfrmance summer ties on my turbo teg, lasted 80k+ miles. Falkens. My Nitto NeoGenz have about 50k miles on them. They still look good.

There is something wrong with the G suspension.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:16 PM
IC Paul
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM me and I will sell you my 2006 Bose head unit. I went with the IVA-W205 and could not be happier.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Tires

You obviously know NOTHING about the tire problem if you say it's just because they are performance tires. I don't have the time or energy to list all the problems with the suspension but it's listed a hundred times over on this forum.
Yes, if you can get 10-15k out of performance tires, that isn't so bad. That isn't what we are talking about here. They scallop from day 1, then get loud.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Damn I didnt know it was a common problem.

My cd changer just fried out today.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 AM
take it up with clarion, a cd player is nothing that you could start a class action law suit over...

Old 09-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Why is it that everyone in this country is sooooo SUE HAPPY?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Socale39
Long, I know, but please read....

Owning two BMWs in the past and currently driving an m5, i have to say that Infiniti's unwillingness to fix such a common problem as their ever failing cd changer, is a perfect example of a manufacturer who believes in their product (BMW) and one who does not. I'll be one to say that BMW's quality is not flawless but even when people w/o warranties, including myself, are getting common problems fixed at no charge it definitely shows BMW's dedication toward backing their products. I guess what I'm wondering, has anyone ever had their cd changer replaced after their warranty at no charge? My g/f purchased her 2003 G-Coupe early this year and with only 35k mi, she experienced the dreadful cd error. Being just out of a patheticly low mileage warranty, she is now stuck between investing in a new radio unit or possibly going with an ipod adapter kit, either way she will need to spend some cash. In my honest opinion I find it hard to believe that all you G35 owners are having to put up with Infiniti's negligence. To see such a manufacturer turn their head and say "well your out of warranty" and only have 35k mi is absolutely ridiculous. I was thinking that with such a strong force as the owners who have received this same response, why has no one tried persuing something a little more threatening as a class-action-lawsuit?

I think its time Infiniti stopped depending on their warranties and started helping service their clientele better. Any insight from you guys would be appreciated. Let's get the service we paid for!!!!!!
Honestly, I don't think BMW should believe in their product. Case in point: my dads friend bought 2 750's at the same time. In the first month they had those cars, they were both in the shop at least 3 times. About a year ago he bought an M3.....always in the shop!

In the shop multiple times OR retarded CD changer.....personally, I'd rather have a retarded CD changer!!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Gawwg Hollyhood why the flame? You're right I obviously know nothing about the tire problem so please excuse my blatant oversight. And please relax.

So i sent my cd changer to http://www.videoservicestop.com/radi...s/infiniti.htm and they cannot fix it. They are offering a refurb for some price currently undertermined but around $300. So I'm saying screw the changer and getting an Ipod.

I AM however PISSED that the damn A/C wont work without the radio. Now thats worth suing someone!

Old 09-20-2007, 12:40 PM
I would happily sign a petition. I do think that Nissan/Infiniti ought to do something on a very known, common widespread problem. I would probably not be willing to participate in a lawsuit, I agree we are much too sue-happy in this country.

My car is an '03 that has 30k miles. I have literally used the cd player less than 20 times and it has failed taking 6 discs with it. I think this is horribly unacceptable. True it may be 4 years old now, but with that little use on it should that really matter? Plus all the people that have ones fail in the first year? Seems that if Infiniti chooses to partner up with and continue the relationship with a radio vendor making crappy products than they should be also willing to pony up some replacements in or out of warranty. I will say one thing... this is my last Infiniti. I love my car, and I understand that a performance car will have some durability issues, I have no complaints there. I just don't like Infiniti's method of doing business... seems extremely dealer dependent. Some dealers go out of their way to be helpful, others are horrible and not helpful at all. Mine is actually pretty good, but not especially willing to go out on a limb to try and get something replaced free. Their new service manager promised to call me about it, but never has. Nor has he returned my additional calls on the radio.

I've also had my tranny replaced at 25k miles, though they did cover that under warranty.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by vbx
12k miles fron granny driving? That's not normal. Like I said before, I had highperfrmance summer ties on my turbo teg, lasted 80k+ miles. Falkens. My Nitto NeoGenz have about 50k miles on them. They still look good.

There is something wrong with the G suspension.

bwahahahaha this douchenugget is relentless! Go away and hide behind your integra cnaman!

you get owned every time you create a new SN! which is at about 6 times now

Old 09-24-2007, 09:12 PM
if a lot of people called and complained, Infiniti may do something about it. Mine just went dead last month. But the warranty expired.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:51 PM
any updates?

Old 10-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First off...

YOU HAVE A 4 YEAR/60,000 MILE WARRANTY!!!
Get your damn CD changer looked at.

Secondly...

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/167298-my-car-hasn-t-had-any-serious-problems.html

If you'd like to be in the VAST minority of people who have NOT had any major issues with your car, you can still vote in the above poll.

I've got 72k miles and am on the original CD changer, as are most people (mileage varies, of course) that have not responded or even viewed this thread.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
i didn't know it was an issue when i bought it. but i guess i found out the hard way, cuz mine gone 35k. the fact that you could put in an aftermarket system, or repair it for $200 is irrelevant. bottom line is there should be a recall when its blatantly apparent that there is a fundamental problem. music is life! so it is as important as any other feature on the car. if you dont agree picture this world without music ! okay then.