Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with eDead!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with eDead!!

I'm about to purchase edead.. but i can't find out the difference between edeadv1, edeadv1se, or edeadv4.. can someone help me out? and recommand what I need to purchase? also how much do I need to cover the entire trunk?? thanks again!!

Old 09-28-2007, 01:28 AM
I would go with Raammat. It is way better and it is not that expesive around 62.5sq ft for 130 shipped. Edead is ashpalt based and is no different from roofing stuff you can buy at home depot. Raammat is butyl based which is much higher quality. It operates at higher temperatures which is good because I have heard stories about edead falling off during summer months. If you really want to go the asphalt route just go to home depot and get the roofing stuff its the same as edead but cheaper. http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/ check this site out it might give you a better idea of what I mean.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:23 AM
Hey I was acctually on a car audio forum and found out the new versions of edead are acctually butyl based however instead of a foil backing its plastic. There have been some threads about the new stuff peeling off. It seems to me like getting some raammat may be your safest option. I would just get 1 roll of raammat and a dynamat roller somewhere and you should be good to go.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by ill_ace
Hey I was acctually on a car audio forum and found out the new versions of edead are acctually butyl based however instead of a foil backing its plastic. There have been some threads about the new stuff peeling off. It seems to me like getting some raammat may be your safest option. I would just get 1 roll of raammat and a dynamat roller somewhere and you should be good to go.
wheres the best place to buy raammat?? I tried ebay but NOTHING ... couldn't find any online store...
thanks for the info btw!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:17 PM
http://www.raamaudio.com/ I am not sure how much you are going to need but you can always email rick and ask. I dont think more than one roll would be necessary. He is a good guy and very helpful if you have any question you should definitely ask him. Just keep in mind it says he is on vacation right now so it might take a few days to get an answer.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:58 AM
ive used the edeadv1/v2 raamat and dynamat, raamat is far superior, ive got edead in my car and it didnt do a whole lot for me, a coworker has his car covered with secondskin and that stuff is really impressive, go raamats or second skin if your looking to do it right